Eastwood City (Parkview) - Globe or PLDT Broadband?

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by vinz420, Nov 5, 2009.

1. vinz420

vinz420 Member

I have recently moved in to a small unit in Parkview (Eastwood City) and was wondering if anyone here resides in the same area (or maybe same building?) and would like to share their experiences with the said ISPs. My main concern isn't just speed but also reliability and stability of the internet connection. I currently have a 2mbps connection here in Taytay, Rizal but the connection is very unreliable (cuts out and/or slows down at random times) and their Telephone Customer Representatives aren't very helpful at all.

Would anyone please share their experiences with Globe and/or PLDT broadband services around Eastwood area? Thanx!

Note: Looking for around 3mbps (only 2mbps available with Globe) or faster.

2. Venet

Venet Member

3. kyapjoco

kyapjoco Member

I think most condo buildings only have one provider for DSL. Check what is available first. You might not even have a choice.

4. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Both are available at Parkview, just wondered if anyone here knows much about their performance and stability around the said area.

5. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Anyone got any more input on this please? It'd be much appreciated!

6. vinz420

vinz420 Member

bump bump bump!

7. p0l

p0l New Member

i'm currently living just across parkview (olympic heights). I've been using PLDT for the past 3 years and I'm satisfied with the connection. Like you, my main concern is stability as I work from home but so far, there were only minor glitches and they were fixed within 24 hours. I'm thinking about moving to a bigger place in Parkview and I want to maintain my current connection, so it's good to know that they are offering PLDT as well, as I know some building here does not.

8. putakti

putakti Active Member

sino taga eastwood dito mabilis ba ang globe broadband dito? were from excelsior lipat kami ng orchard and globe broadband lang ang available dito.

sa parkview paano kayo nagapply ng pldt? sa globe kasi may collector sila eh no need na ng requirements ewan ko lang sa PLDT

9. miguel19

miguel19 Member

same question here. whats better globe or pldt in eastwood city?

10. pelican

pelican Member

Absolutely PLDT DSL. You will never go wrong and never regret it. A happy customer since 2002 for both PLDT DSL Business and Residential. Was connected continuously even during The Great Ondoy Disaster.

#10 pelican, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  11. vinz420

vinz420 Member

PLDT pulled out last minute. In my opinion, PLDT has a better line quality than Globe but PLDT's customer assistance team has a very bad reputation and they rarely send out engineers to fix your broadband even after weeks! Globe has been good to me since day one and although their speed isn't as good as PLDTs - it's stable, and if it ever breaks down, an engineer is always at your doorstep the next working day.

12. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

i prefer pldt dsl

13. skafutbol

skafutbol New Member

in my long experience with dealing with telcos, globe responds better to problems. pldt is ok until something goes wrong. you rarely get any support from their technical team. if i were subscribing, i'd go with globe. :)

14. papajamba

papajamba Member

@vinz420: You connected to Globe dsl now? How's your experience with them so far?

15. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Oh yeah, I've been with Globe DSL now for over a year (since original post) and they've done a very good job on all my queries and internet issues (which rarely happen anyway due to the good cabling installation in the Eastwood buildings). I would highly recommend them compared to PLDT anyway (I used to have PLDT in my other house in Rizal). PLDT has a better line speed and quality but Globe is better on everything else.

16. papajamba

papajamba Member

^^ thanks vinz! Might be switching to globeDSL too from bayanDSL, since at the same price, Globe's offering 2mbps to bayan's 1.5mbps here in olympic heights. Though bayan's connection is fairly stable for the past 2 years, except for some intermittent disconnections lasting several seconds. Hope Globe will be stable as well (and a big factor is that they have a business center right in front! for complaints, etc)