Early 2021 iMac M1

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 28, 2020.

1. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Great to hear!!! I checked mine’s also in the first week of July (original estimate). If it arrives a week early that will be sweet

Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  2. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I already saw one in Robinsons Magnolia PMC a few days ago. It is indeed light to be moved around and the screen does pass the P3 requirement of mine, but damn, the white bezels are more noticeable for me in person, esp if I play videos on full screen. Maybe it's because the shop was well lit so the reflections on the white bezels distracted me too much, but maybe it is just me not having owned anything with a light colored bezel apart from hand-me-down CRT monitors waaay back. :whistle:

3. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Update! A day ago, I got my first iMac delivery. Unfortunately, they could only deliver one unit because customs were holding the other two for some reason. I got the red iMac first! Hopefully, I will get the other two this next few days!

Also, it seems their postage tracking system is not working for me! When I try to track my package, I only get the first two updates and no tracking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#63 Salaryman Ryan, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  4. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Kinda hoping to ditch my 5k retina for the new supposed 30” cause I need at least 4tb internal preferably 6tb

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

The green and blue finally came this afternoon. So two days after the red one came.So basically Apple PH remains consistent with their 3 week delivery time. At least for all my orders. :)

My staff is very excited to work on their brand new iMacs! They are all using their favorite mechanical keyboards and mice so I will be selling the iMac colored keyboard and mouse sets in the Philmug Marketplace if anyone is interested!

[​IMG]

#65 Salaryman Ryan, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    kyubi, yoh_hectic, JojitF and 8 others like this.
  6. JojitF

JojitF Member

Ordered pink for my daughter on June 17, it has shipped July 8 but has not had any tracking update since then. I guess 3 weeks waiting time is in play here as well.

7. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope the iMac 27" replacement will use a mini LED display

Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  8. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

9 months in the making. So satisfying.

By order of purchase:
    Air 4
    iPhone 12 mini
    AirPods Max
    iMac M1

IMG_1315.JPG

HomePod isn't so comfortable with the blue man group

IMG_3031D.JPG

Base Model with upgrades and options:

KB with TouchID - instead of basic version. (Although Apple Watch unlock is quite fast)
    16GB RAM instead of 8GB. (Still don't know if this was a good move).
    Trackpad instead of Magic Mouse (Aligned Aesthetic + I don't like Magic Mouse's ergonomics, gave me serious carpal tunnel before).

Still came out cheaper than getting a mid version + 16GB RAM+Trackpad upgrade.
    Don't need: LAN port, extra cooling fan, 2 extra USB-C ports.

Initial Impression:
    Box is heavy but boy was it thin and light. So light, peeling the hello sticker pivoted the base (which is not rubber padded -- beware!).
    Screen is well calibrated and sadly reflective (non issue for my position).
    The speakers are giving the lone homepod a run for its money, might move it to another room.
    underwhelmed with MacOS, I expected more changes from High Sierra (MBP 2010).
    M1 is M1, will never marvel @the battery efficiency or even cooler running temperature (where it shines on portables).
    1080p camera is not flattering. Would still use my iPad Air for FT or Meetings, if possible.

Musings:
    Being a non-pro Apple user has its perks. You can stretch your money further and still enjoy flagship features that matters.

If I bought a 12 Pro Max, I wouldn't be able to justify AirPods Max in my yearly apple budget.
    If I bought an iPad Pro, the Magic KB Stand + Pencil would have been a buy later decision.

GUYS, I KNOW NABUDOL LANG AKO NI APPLE. I haven't spent this much on Apple products before.

I think I'm set for the next 3-5 years though. Design-wise.

P.S. For those who hate white bezels, the white wall/backdrop helps a lot.

9. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Seven Leaves likes this.
  10. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Active Member