E-cigarettes

Discussion in 'General OT' started by pels_17, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

So the family is planning a trip to Singapore. Is it true that tourists can't bring vape stuff there?

$2,000 fine and jail time daw? WTF Singapore?

2. caffelatte

caffelatte Member

yes you cant. i did not attempt. same w/ taiwan.

hitme64 and Godfather like this.
  3. Godfather

Ok then, I guess that settles it, not bringing my vape to Singapore. Thank you!

When I was in Taiwan last year, I brought my vape, but vaped just within my Airbnb, never outside.

I'm not that hooked to vaping as I was with cigarettes years ago, so it's easier for me to go for days without vaping. Maybe I'll just quit it altogether.

mcarlos223, docjbr and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

So they say. We were forewarned actually not to bring even our vapes. I don’t use mine actually, only when I want to, and that’s when I want to take a break (which is now often than before). Anyway the Lost Vape Orion can last 2-3 weeks on a single load of juice if used moderately (like twice a day). Can live without it.

Godfather likes this.
  5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

6. Godfather

^ The world is getting mighty smaller for the vaping community. Maybe just as well. The purpose of the whole vaping thing was cessation of smoking. It would prove its effectivity when vapers everywhere could stop cold turkey.

Time for this vaper to quit.

raze19 and hitme64 like this.
  7. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

It would seem that that the cure has become more dangerous than the disease.

They're a danger to health both in use or at rest (ie. exploding 18650 batteries).

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....my observation is the vaping industry has zero political clout. The cigerrette industry has tons of political clout. Therefore, it is is far easier for governments to ban vaping with zero public backlash.

I am not in favor of banning the use of vaping products in private. It is too intrusive. Regulated, yes but outright ban is too draconian.

Godfather and hitme64 like this.
  9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

So what’s next? Mint-flavored nicotine condoms? (n) A total ban is shit. What you do in private is up to you. You suffer the consequences alone. But aren’t you happy you did?

Godfather likes this.
  10. Godfather

Philosophically yes, I disagree with the total ban and the incredibly misinformed reason behind it. First, the singular case of the 16 year old girl who had been dually smoking cigarettes and vaping on e-cig had no business doing either, and certainly not both. She is underaged and should not have been smoking nor vaping. Her parents should be reprimanded (or prosecuted) for gross negligence. Second, there were (unconfirmed) reports that she had been vaping bootleg THC liquid like the brilliant geniuses in the US.

Anyway, from this singular case, Du30 in his infinite wisdom, bans ALL vaping equipment, bans ALL use of vaping in public, and says vapers will be arrested. May I remind the court that e-liquid vapes are not a controlled substance. They have never been deemed illegal.

Dapat arrest rin ang mga gumagamit ng Fentanyl which ahem someone is ahem addicted to... :p

Personally though, I am just taking this as a sign from God to stop vaping. The good thing about most vapers (unlike Fentanyl addicts) is that they are not addicted to vaping. I can go for entire days or weeks without vaping.

jologs likes this.