Drummers/Drums/Pinoydrums

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ronjeremy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Noted. I thought about giving mine to my brother who, like your son, played with imaginary set since he was your son's age till now (50). :) Will consider your son when the time comes. But like coqueiro, I recommended the HD-1 to a friend of mine, whose son eventually learned to play. But he hasn't done so recently, so it might not hurt to start your son with something more affordable. Who knows if his interest remains once he has greta87's what-chicks-dig epiphany. :)

I still have my first drum pads, the DrumKat!
    [​IMG]

My TD-12 has a virtual Mike Portnoy kit, but my chops are only good for chopsticks. ;)

I thought about recording a video to feature the versatility of my V-Drums, but that got pushed down by other covers that chicks dig. ;)

The recent solo that I've been wanting to learn is Omar Hakim's solo in Daft Punk's Giorgio by Moroder, except I'd probably play it like a marauder. :)

2. pastorjeffg

pastorjeffg Member

^ Thanks sir Roland. Will look at other options also. Tomorrow we go school hunting again for drum lessons in Alabang. The one we talked to in ATC (forgot the name already, not LYRIC, the other one in the same area near SPA) mentioned that we need to have the pads (at the very least for wrist control practice) and eventually we would be needing a set so my son can regularly practice.

Thanks again for the tips. God bless.

3. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

@rbenzon, your DrumKat looks like Mickey.

4. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^yup, that's how it's been generally described.

the kid in me decided to go to a candy store in hong kong today (tom lee's main showroom in tsim sha tsui). this is just their electronic drums section:

[​IMG]

saw my future drum kit, the roland td-30 (yupangco already called me to ask if i wanted to reserve their incoming stock).
    [​IMG]

but the parent in me dragged the kid out of the candy store. :(

parents talaga! :D

5. ronjeremy

ronjeremy Member

Tom lee!!!the holy grail of musicians!!!!@rbenzon if you are going to sell your td 12 kit how much will you have it priced?

6. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^i don't know. i have over 6,000 philmug posts, none of them in the marketplace. :) i rarely sell my toys. :)

i initially thought of keeping the td-12, combining it with the td-30 on a monster rack. can you say v-drum poseur?! :p

you gave me an idea though: if i sold all the things i should've sold months ago, i may not need to wait for christmas to get the td-30!

but to answer your question, i think half the price of a brand new td-15 (the td-12's update) probably won't last long in philmusic classifieds.

mga BI kayo! :D

7. ronjeremy

ronjeremy Member

[​IMG]Bad broken and beaten!

8. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^not as badly beaten as your neighbor's eardrums. ;)

9. ronjeremy

ronjeremy Member

Haha!actually not my kit,band studio kit along congressional ave.:)

10. paul_s

paul_s Member

Can anyone suggest a good and affordable e-drums amp? I recently got an Alesis DM Lite for recreational drumming and have been looking for a nice budget friendly amp. Thanks!

11. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Is 30-45k a decent enough budget for an "entry-level" electronic drums that's not so basic? i.e. not one sound per head, can rim-shot, sensitive cymbals/can be muted. hopefully i can play with basic dynamics.

in short, i'm hoping it can be used to play basic accompaniments to real songs. i'm going to be using it to practice playing songs for our church... thanks for the tips :)

12. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Any decent PA (portable one) should do. Those cost around 20k to 30k

13. fink

fink Member

I'm visiting Japan this week and I saw that entry level Roland v-drums (td-4kp-s) is less than Php 30k. But reading PH customs horror stories... wag na lang

14. paul_s

paul_s Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know any specific models below 15k that's good enough for personal use? I'm afraid 20-30K is outside the budget right now.

15. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

You can try Behringer, via In Tune. They have a branch in Glorietta & Alabang. Or the Music Source in Ali Mall, cubao for other brands. I got my portable PA system (Fender Passport) from Yamaha store, but it's a little bit beyond your budget

paul_s likes this.
  16. jasonkalibre

jasonkalibre Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Good source, nice info here. Thanks

17. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

18. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

Drummer here! Started in 6th grade. Air-drumming and then to real drums in battle of the bands at school and town fiestas. From Nirvana, to Metallica and then to Dream Theater... then back to alternative. Mostly recreational drumming these days with office mates when there are events. Never owned a set and will likely never own one in the future... unless kids ask for one.

Great thread!

19. minggoy

minggoy Active Member

hello ronjeremy .. can you recommend a drum teacher for my 13 year old kid within the congressional avenue area?
    thanks

20. ronjeremy

ronjeremy Member

necro bump!:D