doomsday of my MB Alum

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by beabea, Jan 27, 2009.

1. beabea

beabea Member

almost 3 months of using my macbook alum late 2008, it suddenly crashed??? well early this morning i was still using it surfing the web using free wifi in toyota balintawak.. well i dont know if its their wifi but it was unprotected and i was inside the place. anyways, i drove home and when i got to our house set up tha laptop and it wont start.. i mean the logo and the wheel would appear but it wont boot!!!!!!!

i was in hysteria the minute i realized. my recent edits on my thesis are on that MB and my 100% endorsement is due next week and if dont get to pass that paper and creatives, I WILL NOT GRADUATE this march...

tried to search solutions here, contact friends and cried for help..
    and then Digital Walker and sir charlie saved me... and my thesis... i went to Vmall branch and there they tried to fix it, we found out that the OS had the rpoblem, i was able to recover files that i super needed before they had the OS reinstalled..

KUDOS! to digital walker, Sir CHarlie and the people in Vmall branch... thanks a lot!!!
    you guys will be on my acknowledgement page of my thesis... God bless you all
    they helped me and they were very accomodating.. super bait!!! i thank you guys!!! :)

apparently, i think i was the unlucky one who tumbled on a jinxy MB alum, what could have made my OS corrupted?? why oh why? any ideas?

2. edpinedajr

edpinedajr Member

Re: doom's day of my MB Alum

Lucky for you and CHEERS to sir Charlie and his gang out there who always find ways to help us.

3. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

happened to me too once, not on my unibody macbook, but on my 1st gen macbook, just reinstalled the OS then it was back to normal. ddnt try 2 find out what was wrong with it anymore as long as it was working. usually they say it does that when ur installing an update and u accidentally turned it off.

4. mousehole

mousehole Active Member

i think it's cos you had too much stuff about RC cola in it :p mag-coke ka nalang kasi. hehe.

5. beabea

beabea Member

i know right!!!! super... he checked my MB's status himself... he even talked to his tech... super duper i love sir charlie i owe him one... super thanks... im so thankful :) and very happy..

6. beabea

beabea Member

HAHA mousehole... its "pop cola" and its under coca cola company so no worries im not fighting COke hahaha... by the way have you seen sprite's ads :)

or maybe i accidentally spilled Cola all over it and wrecked my OS hahaha

7. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

its good that they recover your thesis and hopefully you will graduate this coming march. we are very lucky because we have charlie :D

8. beabea

beabea Member

yeah thats what they told me... do u have an idea how to off the automatic download and just do it maunally?

9. beabea

beabea Member

yeah thats right!!! :) now i believe that wearing red shirt during Chinese new year brings luck :) cos i wore red the whole day ahhaha

10. mousehole

mousehole Active Member

whatever. it's all cheap crap that doesn't compare to the real thing :p

did you like the sprite ads? those are just canned materials from the region, but i think they're a lot of fun. not as cool as the "magpakatotoo ka!" series, but i'm jologs so my taste is weird.

good luck on thesis bea!

11. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

system preference > software update (lower part)
    u can adjust things there man! :)

12. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

did you shut your computer properly? or did you download anything before this thing happen? there would be a chance that those things can cause an OS breakdown...

lets thank those people who helped you saved your stuffs! kudos for D-Hub/Walker! :)

and good luck to your thesis!

13. beabea

beabea Member

thats what im trying to change... cheap it may seem but it can bring profit?? how? make it look cool.. HAHA :)

yeah i like it but it gave me a hit in the head... one of their sari sari store poster that came out last week resembled one of the ads i made for pop... grrrr anyways i hope my defense jury wont see that not until feb 17 haha... anyways i honestly didnt see that ad before i made mine hehehe

14. beabea

beabea Member

so all i have to do is just unclik the 2 box?

15. beabea

beabea Member

i was downloading from torrent, i quit it then shut down my MB... could that be the cause?

yeah thanks to them, they saved the day

16. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

yes ma'am. :) happy chinese new year ma'am! good night!

17. beabea

beabea Member

thanks sir... good night :)

18. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

i think the lesson to be learned here is always have a backup of all your important files... macs are still machines and do break down.

19. beabea

beabea Member

agree :) i actually had back ups nut i wasnt able to update it this week... and i had so many revisions already :)

20. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

it could be! maybe the file that you're trying to download causes the OS corruption.. or maybe a network hiccup..
    let's hope that it wouldn't happen again.. and mark_17 is right... do the backup! its one of the basic things we should do..always! ;)