Do you have the time (Watches and Whatnot) Part 2

Discussion in 'General OT' started by blebla, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ramil

ramil Active Member

I have been wanting to get an IWC Le Petit Prince for a while now. The 40mm size is just perfect for my wrist size. The blue dial is really beautiful!

I am still on the fence whether to get the brown leather or the metal bracelet.

May I ask where you bought this? Thanks!

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

A reason why old, vintage, manual wind watches are still as beautiful as they come...
    6C069AA0-D72F-4BC8-9858-64B8EACFD43C.jpeg
    Citizen Junior from the 60’s, still alive and kicking.

greta87, jlconferido, Juice and 6 others like this.
  3. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I got it in Tokyo last year. Actually my Le Petit Prince Chrono 3777-17 pictured there is 43mm. The non chronograph version is 40mm to 41mm.

The IWC store in Greenbelt 5 had the LPP Chrono in stock around September last year. You can call them to ask if they still have it. They're very welcoming of inquiries.

ramil likes this.
  4. oloc

oloc Member

YM II

Attached Files:

Godfather and TOBACCO like this.
  5. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

Watch scammer-buyer caught. Kudos to the Makati Police.

Juice, greta87 and Godfather like this.
  6. Godfather

^ For a transaction that large, it is puzzling why the seller did not opt for bank transfer or check for clearing first before releasing the watch. Even if he knew the seller, even if he were a friend or acquaintance, clearing muna. There is negligence on the part of the seller too. If not for his diligent friend who saw the scammer's ad, he would never have seen the scammer or his watch again. He caught a lucky break.

For that scum sucking scammer, he's lucky the victim chose the police route. If it were me, I wouldn't have even bothered the cops. I would've settled the matter, um, "out of court." Have him sleep with the fishes maybe, who knows.

jlconferido, Juice, wulf and 3 others like this.
  7. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Sunil_K, Mykolant and Godfather like this.
  8. hitme64

Leaving the cannoli aside, there’s this to mess up my mind. Incomparable to modern day Omegas, this Dynamic is a mil-spec delight and just the right size for, eherm, small-wristed males.
    90DC6959-B95A-4726-BDCB-51C9B46BC3F4.jpeg

gaol, Dekra, sabsar and 5 others like this.
  9. Godfather

I've been on a Seiko 5 binge for the past few months. They're impossibly affordable yet charming.

First is my latest purchase, the Hodinkee special, the SNKL23, or what Jack Forster called the $75 watch that looks like a million bucks. Modified a 20mm oyster bracelet with polished center links. Had to file the 20mm endlink down to 18mm for it to fit. A lot of elbow grease. Two benefits, one is the oyster looks so much nicer than the crappy stock bracelet, and two is, my forearms got some much needed exercise.

[​IMG]

Earlier this year I also got this SNKM63, the last of the 39mm Seiko 5s. Got it for cheap on Lazada, it looks strikingly like a Rolex Datejust and sized like an Oyster Perpetual 39.

[​IMG]

The SNXS73 started all this for me. It was bordering on too small at just 37mm, and it looks girly on my 6-3/4" wrist, but damn I love that dial.

[​IMG]

Here they all are side by side, my office beater watches.

37mm, 38mm, 39mm and 40mm.

[​IMG]

Of course the SARX045 isn't exactly as cheapo as the Seiko 5s, but it kinda belongs in the same genre of casual watches.

10. hitme64

^Something classic and vintage to match your Seikos. A 1966 Seiko Skyliner Calendar, manual wind. Gold tone on champagne silver dial. Elegant and desirable. Paired with a hand-crafted VWM leather strap.
    10C2CC3B-FA0C-4874-90D9-C8067B07D684.jpeg

dasaint, Godfather, Juice and 2 others like this.
  11. Godfather

Just got this one last week, the discontinued SKX033. The perfectly sized diver (style) watch at 40mm. It gives off a lot of vintage feels. :) Can't believe I waited this long to get one.

[​IMG]

I wish Seiko had used this 40mm platform for their SKX (5KX) rebirth last year, instead of the much thicker and wider 42mm SKX007/009 series. Don't get me wrong, I love the SKX, I have a 009 myself, but the SKX033 is certainly a lot more better proportioned.

[​IMG]

#3771 Godfather, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    hitme64 and Roman like this.
  12. hitme64

This Seiko Guigiaro was sold in an auction last night for just 18K. While it may not be the same Seiko used by Ripley in Aliens it’s still the same car designer who collaborated with the watch giant to produce this chronograph for racing enthusiasts and watch collectors. One of 1,000 produced worldwide.
    287F3CD9-6492-4F65-B6DC-24D5BE3CF536.jpeg
    Oh, didn’t win the auction though.

docjbr and Godfather like this.
  13. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I haven't worn any watch since the lockdown :(

14. Godfather

Me too. Just more surface area for the virus.

I hadn't worn any of my "good" watches since lockdown.

When ECQ was lifted on May 18 and I went back to work, I started going through my Seiko weekly rotation. At the end of the day, I washed them with soap and water (most of them are divers) and/or put them in the UV cabinet.

Then I read that washing with soap will make the sealants brittle, and the UV cabinet will dry out the oils, so now I just leave the watch in my office bag, and wear them only in the office. Come Friday, I take them home and wash them or give them the UV treatment before they go back in the watchbox.

#3774 Godfather, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Dekra likes this.
  15. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I also like Seiko watches. Has anyone seen the new 40 mm Seiko Sports series? I will go for the one with the gilt dial and wait for Strapcode to release a jubilee bracelet for it. I am sure Strapcode will make bracelets for these. Also, I would like to share with you my horrible experience of buying the 42 mm Super Sports in Time Lux in Lazada. I placed an order for an SRPD81K1 (all black with blue indices) for P9795 last May 30 charged to my CC. I was suppose to get it, say, a week, the latest. I contacted Lazada's CS about it and was told that it was on the way. Three weeks have passed and no updates. My friend asked me to accompany him to Cavite to buy alcohol which is pretty impractical since we live in Bulacan. Since we will pass by Cubao, I went to Farmers and went to Time Lux and saw the exact model that I want and asked them about the price. They said that the price is P11500 and I asked them why is the price is different from Lazada. They told me that Lazada puts the price on their watches which is an outright lie. I just told them that I was the one who placed an order in Lazada and I still have to get the watch. About 2 weeks ago a rep from Lazada called me and informed me that it is a failed delivery. At present, Lazada has not reversed the charge. They have the shittiest CS I have experienced ever.

Time Lux has the best price for Seiko. I think you just need to talk to the manager to get the best price.

Godfather likes this.
  16. Godfather

I got my SNKL23 from Time Lux through Lazada. They had the cheapest price indeed. The rest of my Seiko 5's were bought from Topwatch through Lazada. I haven't had problems with either seller, but then that may be due to the fact that I've been buying the not-so-in-demand pieces that few people want.

I've seen those new 40mm non-diver bezel 5KX. Dead ringers for Tudor BB36. It's weird that the only local ones I've seen (mostly from SWCP group in FB) all came from Amazon or US retailers. How come nobody is selling it locally yet? Personally I will wait for the prices to go below 10k before buying and then will buy the SRPE51 with the gray sunburst dial.

17. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I see the BB36 design elements in the new line up. The 40 mm size is just right. i think it will be available soon and I will not buy it from international sellers. This pandemic definitely messed up logistics.

I also notice that a lot of people are wearing Seikos now. You can get pricey ones with better movements which are great and you can move to the GS line. The Snowflake is just immaculately designed. But, the value of the Seiko 5 is just unbeatable. The tiers of the Seiko lineup is just a complete beast of a business model and no other timepiece manufacturer comes close.

eag and Godfather like this.
  18. hitme64

This is the Seiko I really want, the King Seiko Hi-Beat which came into existence some 48 years ago and is still beating out hearts to this day.
    16FCC37F-1CC9-495D-8CA9-44B0F595333B.jpeg
    You don’t see the modern ones with that KS logo anymore.

Mykolant, Godfather and greta87 like this.
  19. Godfather

2020 Rolex Submariner now 41mm with slimmer lugs and new movement. Hulk has been discontinued, replaced with a ceramic Kermit (Cermit?)
    [​IMG]

My trio of Submariners has been rendered obsolete.

[​IMG]

I really like the slimmer lugs on the new 41mm Submariners, makes the maxi case on my two ceramics look downright fat.

That new Bluesy (2-tone) looks yummy.

ronjet, greta87, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  20. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Obsolete na pala eh. I'd be happy to take them off your hands for free. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder why Rolex increased the size of the legendary Sub to 41mm? Was there a clamor for a bigger case?

greta87 and Godfather like this.