DITO Telecommunity (China Telecom)

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by Juice, Dec 28, 2017.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Has anyone got through registering their new DITO prepaid SIMs?

In true unprepared-telco fashion, I'm stuck with a "The interface call is abnormal. Please try again later" error after clicking submit at https://register.dito.ph/

UPDATE: Used the phone browser and it went through. Who would've thought?

#321 oj88, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. DON2003

DON2003 PhilMUG Addict Member

pansin ko lang DITO may separated na 5G data, is that means the regular promo doesn't include 5G connection? need pa mag add para able to use 5G? parang lagi na lang 4G ang signal ko sa DITO, dati kasi meron 5G minsan

3. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't think they have a separate promo for 5G. Probably 5G isn't available in your area or for your phone. My Samsung phone only has LTE with DITO.

4. DON2003

before we have 5G on DITO, but now Smart has 5G but DITO always shows 4G

5. janbrane

janbrane Member

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/8cj2c5r

Got the text again for this promo last night. P99 for 7GB 5G data and 7GB for 4G and 5G data.
    So do we need to subscribe to this before getting 5G signals on our 5G phones?

6. kinse_44

DITO has unveiled their postpaid offers. Only Samsung phones are available for plans with a device, with the Galaxy S23 as the best phone available. No unli landline calls, unlike Smart & Globe postpaid. Sim-only plan starts at P588 with 16GB data, and unli all-net calls and texts.

https://dito.ph/postpaid

7. oj88

I'm curious if there's a QoS difference for data access between pre- and post-paid.

I find that their prepaid data service to be spotty at best. But it's not like I will be switching to DITO postpaid anytime soon, as I only use it as backup (2nd SIM).

8. kinse_44

I don't think so. And yes Dito still needs to improve their service. Still limited list of devices that are compatible with their 5G network, most notably official iPhone support is still not available, as well as Dito numbers can't be linked with iMessage and FaceTime. I also find it laughable that I need to press redial so many times when making outgoing calls on my Dito. I use Dito as my 3rd number, mainly used to be contacted by employees or when I just don't want to give my primary number.

Dito postpaid will only matter to me if it finally gets support for iPhone and its services.

9. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Converted my vanity number to DITO Mobile Postpaid Plan 888, and according to the agent processed my application there's a slight priority between prepaid and postpaid. He didn't put it into the detail if its data or voice services but nevertheless all my calls this week to other networks during peak and off peak are going through without issues compared when I was still on prepaid. I'm not sure if the so called "priority " the agent is referring to is the voice services.

Data seems fine both 4G and 5G. We'll see in the coming months.

10. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

If you think about it those who pay more & are on postpaid should get priority in calls going through, SMS being sent/received and 4G/5G latency and throughput.

When I speak to someone with prepaid I volunteer to call them so that I do not get inconvenienced. If they're on iPhone I initiate Facetime Audio call so audio quality improves to AAC.

11. DON2003

actually I am first batch to subscribe to the advace pay and get the annual prepaid, its so cheap and so promising, imagine 7xx pesos for unli call, unli sms, and almost unli call to any networks (6000minutes), its just so good even with spotty 5G, cannot use it with my Pixels that doesn't support VoLTE that it needs for calls, I still go for it, and I forgot, 96GB of data for a year,
    but after a while I just use it in office as a intercom (sometime only),
    .there is NO SIGNAL (not weak but NO SIGNAL) at Araneta Mall, Tagaytay, specially inside whote Tahaytay Highland, many other places too that whole spot NO SIGNAL and can't find a nearby spot to get a signal, so you are out of reach from time to time that you have to check where you are have signal or not,
    now 5G is not included but have to pay extra and not included with what you paid for, worse than Globe or Smart.
    in our office speed is good and signal is good but I need to make about 10 calls to anyone before connected if in luck, or can't make a call for an hour,
    its useless even its cheap, I still have few thousands of load with them as I thought I can use my Dito sim for sometime,

but may be their Postpaid servic is better than prepaid which I am waiting for them to improve as they might need time to stretch all glitches but seems they are getting worse, just worse as par with our 2 beloved money milking Telcos,

12. oj88

I also experience no-signal with DITO every so often. It's not as noticeable because I still have Globe set as my primary SIM.

I don't know if this is due to a lack of cell sites or a lack of available bands... or maybe a bit of both. I would imagine that the lion's share of the bands have been allocated to Globe and Smart. Coupled that with not all phones supports all LTE/4G and 5G bands, so that limits further their signal coverage. Also, consider that DITO doesn't support legacy 2G and 3G bands.

According to this site, only 4G(B34) is unique to DITO. All other 4G and 5G bands are common either with Globe and Smart or both so they have to play nice (ie. share). You can't have the same band from competing telcos in the same area... much like you can't have two WiFi access points set to the same or overlapping channel in the same vicinity.

All that said, I don't think that moving to a DITO postpaid plan will improve your overall user experience if you're hitting the technical limitations of their network.

#332 oj88, Jun 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  13. DON2003

true, can only used as secodary sim for data at place where Dito has strong signal, but now no more free 5G, useless to carry another sim, even trying to make a call is so waste of time. only sms works but no one on sms anymore,
    thinking how to waste my 1xxx load on DITO, good thing it can still share load unlke the Globe that kills their share-a-load where I have 5k load stucked to my main number.
    Smart Magic Data+ is not bad but their signal in our office is so weak and kills phone's battery

14. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

I also subscribed to the one year advance pay. I get 5g signal.

15. DON2003

good for you,
    before I got 5G with my DITO in office, so I grab a 5G capable phone with VoLTE just for it, then lately around February I found only my Smart Postpaid was able to get 5G and DITO always on 4G, and even at other places where I got 5G before also only on 4G,
    reading DITO is separating 5G as a special add on to level up promos, I thought they kills 5G for level up promos which advance pay is,
    wonder why.. my advance pay is already expired and am still thinking should I subscribe to another year as backup for 7xx pesos or not, too many Gomo sims and has added Smart Magic Data+ now

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

If my memory is correct.

Globe offered SMS as an alternative to calls - remember, the 150peso add on for unlimited SMS? Their network was overwhelmed which caused delayed SMS
    SMART later offered SMS at 1 peso per message

Sun later arrived which offered unlimited SMS and Calls (Sun to Sun) at 300 pesos a month - this made us buy a 2nd phone!

I'm really not sure what Dito is bringing to the Telco wars.

17. DON2003

I think they (DITO) are confused too where to place in the market,
    the huge market in Pinas that seeking for a new telco promo is the only place to get subscribers,

may be long expiry, huge data allocatiion, free and free and free

18. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm not sure how deep their budget is for marketing.

But we Pinoys love free stuff and they should have started with that.

19. DON2003

yes, us pinoy are lazy, if only same or almost same can't make us move a bit, unless its free, we'll run and race for it, hehe

20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm.... Dito is supposed to spur better for consumer competition fhat would lead to improved service for telecom services to consumers. I dont see it happening. Dito prepaid service has been a disappointment in terms of coverage. Speed is uneven. Coverage is spotty. The iPhone remains unsupported officially. Long-term, Dito just might go bankrupt given its massive loan burden.

Sir iAco likes this.