Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Signed up for the 7 days trial, downloaded the Disney+ app on my LG B8 and boy, 4K with Dobly Vision is surely a treat for the eyes!

[​IMG]

What's bumming me out is the lack of pause-and-resume function, meaning once you paused a movie halfway and exited out of the app, it won't remember where you left off and start from the freakin beginning again. :mad:

raypin likes this.
  2. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

Initially Getflix VPN worked with Disney+ but stopped after the Disney+ update. I am now using trial of Unlocator with their DNS proxy to stream Disney+

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...Unlocator works with D+ but only for iOS devices (and Androids) but not Apple TV. The vpns are still struggling to optimize their workarounds.

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

That’s why I unsubscribed. Besides, their movie collection is what I have at Blu-Ray so I won’t be taking the time watching it just for the heck of it. The 4K is incredible though, believe I am sold on that platform

5. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Watched Disney+ Original “Noelle” and it’s a good Christmas movie. It’s like a Disney version of Elf, more for the family. Anna Kendrick was a perfect fit for the role, her infectious charm made it entertaining and Christmas-y. The reindeer CGI though was an eyesore.

Put this on during the Christmas reunion and the nephews and nieces will love it.

6. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Don’t have the patience to go to the hoops of getting this unofficially. Will just wait for the official launch here in Singapore and hopefully by that time Getflix will already support geo blocking.

raypin likes this.
  7. den1224

den1224 Active Member

Watched Star Wars A New Hope last night on Disney+ on ATV 4K on a 100" screen 4k HDR10 projector & Atmos sound. WOW! never thought that R2D2, Darth Vader & C3PO has so many "gasgas" :ROFLMAO::LOL:

raypin likes this.
  8. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I never knew I needed a TV showing featuring a bounty hunter with a baby yoda as a sidekick, yet here we are. :LOL: I wish the second episode was longer though.

Will wait for the 3rd episode.

Godfather likes this.
  9. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Sorry for the off topic but seeing that expressvpn works on disney+ on ios (except for apple tv for now) is it good to get a long term subscription from them? Was able to use it on hulu/hbo/prime video/netflix so it seems like a “justifiable “ extra expense hehe just curious what u guys think as they have a 12mos+3mos promo that essentially puts it at just $6.99 and since me and my sister will both use it we can split the cost... just wondering what u guys think of expressvpn and getting the annual plan... i also have getflix but in my one week trial of expressvpn it seems to work seamlessly with the iphone and ipad...

10. raypin

Mm....from my limited time with ExpressVPN, it seems to be a reliable service in terms of less outages and good streaming speed. Eventually, they will be able to solve the Apple TV problem. But as a lifetime subscriber of Getflix (one time fee), I decided to terminate my ExpressVPN subscription and just wait for Getflix to fix the ATV problem.

Options:

1. Wait for ExpressVPN to solve the ATV problem then subscribe to their service so you can fully enjoy Disney + on your HDTV.

2. Continue your subscription to ExpressVPN for other US streaming services and wait for the local launch of Disney + and enjoy on your HDTV (assuming they fail to solve the ATV problem).

Yes, splitting the cost makes sense since the service allows for multiple devices. Maximize usage since it is paid anyway.

They ve been around for a long time now so it is a solid choice.

shootertwist likes this.
  11. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m not sure why ExpressVPN doesn’t work for some but have you guys tried picking the US San Francisco server for Disney+?

12. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

It works on mine, iphone and ipad, just not for apple tv 4k... were u able to make it work sir?

13. bacchus_3

Yes, I am using a router that allows for an Open VPN tunnel (an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter) using an SF ExpressVPN server. Not the DNS tweak (it has never worked 100% for me)

shootertwist and raypin like this.
  14. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Not sure if this been discussed here, but can you share your Disney+ account with other family members and use them simultaneously?

15. raypin

mm...to quote CNET:

Every Disney Plus account can stream to four devices simultaneously and can create seven user profiles for different members of the household. Each account can pick an avatar of a Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars characters, with over 200 avatars available.

bacchus_3 and Mykolant like this.
  16. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    That sounds great! Thanks!

Will probably go on the free trial then decide later whether to get the $6.99 monthly fee or the hulu/Disney+/ESPN package for $12.99/month.

raypin likes this.
  17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

BBC reports that hackers have stolen thousands of customers’ accounts from Disney+ and put them on sale in the dark web. ZDnet has confirmed this to be true and that those targeted were customer passwords and email accounts.

This is bad news for Disney+ subscribers. Reportedly, nearly 16 million people worldwide signed up fir the service on its first week. As of yet, Disney has not responded to the allegations though several of its telephone and online chat services are now down.

raypin likes this.
  18. christopher

christopher Member

hey guys, what card did you use to signup for disney+ bundle? GCash Amex doesn't work for me.

19. bacchus_3

^^ Itunes cards refill to my US Apple account.

20. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

In terms of content or library of shows and movies, is there big difference between disneylife and disney+ ?
    Aside from the mandalorian series which i know disney life dont have..