Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

It works, however you’re only limited to 1080p.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...that's fine with me since 4k content on d+ is still very limited.

3. kinse_44

The recent Marvel and Disney movies released are available in 4K HDR. Even the Star Wars movies. And even Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles' 10 Things I Hate About You is available in 4K HDR.

raypin likes this.
  4. raypin

Mm...solved it. Disney + is now live on my Apple TV 4K/4K HDTV/5.1.

Had to use my spare vpn-ready TPLink wifi router, connected to my Fiber router via ethernet and streaming to my Apple TV and software linked to my ExpressVpn account (hoops to go through parang trained na aso).

BC250C43-E1B8-45A1-9A54-40CB7EC32DE2.jpeg

Earlier, I chatted with ExpressVPN to complain about the incompatibity of their VPN with the Apple TV even though their website says their vpn is compatible with the ATV and unblocks d+ . He suggested buying tomato whatever router (another 10k php expense). Buti nagtiyaga ako and fixed it with a spare router that is not on their list of VPN-ready routers.

Disney+ USA geolock defeated for the ATV....... Paraparaan lang. :ROFLMAO:

D+ 4K hdr 10 quality looks good...at par with Apple etc.

Mabuti di ko inorder sa Apple ph yun lightning to hdmi adaptor (my last resort).

#84 raypin, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    pels_17, hitme64, SE20 and 1 other person like this.
  5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Biggest moment in The Mandalorian: Baby Yoda. Or some tyke from his tribe.

raypin and bacchus_3 like this.
  6. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Can you share the model number of the vpn ready tplink router?
    Tia

7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Does Disney plus work with getflix? I haven’t installed Disney plus yet.

8. raypin

Mm..no go for getflix. Already received reply from them that their engineers are still working on unblocking disney +.

What I know right now:

Expressvpn works on iOS devices and Android. No problem. Just download the respective expressvpn apps on your device and setup is easy. Push button and you’re in Disney’s walled kingdom. So, earlier today, I set up my vpn ready spare tplink router WR 941HP (since there is no way that you can use VPN software directly with the Apple TV) and connected my Apple TV to that router. It worked. I was able to watch Dumbo and a rock climber dokyu. Then, it just stopped working. I changed to different USA servers of expressvpn. No go. Unstable siya.

In an earlier post, I said that screen mirroring does not work (ex. iPhone to Apple TV).......that was partially true pala because the screen mirroring appears to not work with The Mandalorian.....BUT screen mirroring works with other disney + titles like Dumbo, Avengers, Avatar, High School The Musical (remake) etc. Why? Who the f... knows?

We also know from @kinse_44 that wired connection between an iPhone to the ATV works as well.

So, that’s the lay of the land so far for us third worlders.

This is Avatar being mirrored to my Apple TV from my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Mukhang stable.

Edit: now The Mandalorian can be mirrored as well. Lol!

#88 raypin, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    duncan and Juice like this.
  9. hitme64

Not to rain on my parade, but most of these Disney movies are already in my BR collection. So I’m actually looking forward to more original content and diverse shows. Frankly I’m not going to subscribe to a new channel that has shows that I already have or have seen in other services.

Though I am a fan now of The Mandalorian, what next when it ends? Maybe there’ll be more shows, original ones indeed, that can eventually take on giants HBO, Netflix, even Hulu, but not now.

Juice and leninmac like this.
  10. kinse_44

Last night while watching something on Disney+, my Mi Box S restarted on its own twice. Probably it was Disney+’s fault crashing midway forcing the TV box to restart. Unstable indeed.

11. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Disney+ will be making more original content. They do own Lucasfilms, Marvel and Fox. There’s already a lineup of upcoming MCU Original Series ( WandaVision, Falcon & The Wintersoldier, Loki, Hawkeye, Ms.Marvel, MoonKnight, SheHulk) as well as a couple of StarWars original series ( Obi-Wan Series and and an untitled Cassian Andor tv series).

(

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  12. raypin

Mm...I rewatched the mandalorian ep 1. It is not like some cheapass Netflix original sci fi (tipid mode) . It looks like a proper Star Wars content.....beautiful cgi work. It is a good start to the series.

Meanwhile, over the bakod, anyone feeling sleepy watching See on Apple TV +? It beginning to stale on me. Flat as the flat earth theory. My suggestion on the next episode: make Jason Momoa wear his sweater and do a lot of deep fusion photography or maybe more vigorous "praying." :mad::p

#92 raypin, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    pels_17 and hitme64 like this.
  13. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't have the Apple TV 4K but the CGI on The Mandalorian really pops on my cheap RCA flat screen. Can't say that it's a feature of Disney+ but you can bet future original TV content they'll put out would have this quality consistently.

Also, I noticed my kids are watching more Disney movies/shows today vs those crappy videos on YouTube. That alone would be worth it for me.

14. hitme64

And a whole lot more of animation movies, I suppose, the material being the vision of Disney actually. Maybe after The Little Mermaid come new reboots for classics like Fantasia, Snow White and the Seven Persons of Little Stature (being politically correct there) and Bambi.

leninmac likes this.
  15. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

16. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Production design and cinematography of Mandalorian is top-notch, as if it were a big budget movie. Love the story as straightforward and lean, looking forward to the next episode.

17. raypin

Mm...cancelled my trial subscription. Not much to watch except for The Mandalorian. Will resubscribe once more quality originals make its appearance on the service. Bye Mickey....for now.

18. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Is it true that the service does not have a "Continue Watching" tab (like the one Netflix has)? Or have they fixed that already?

19. kinse_44

Yeah. And sometimes there’s no resume button but if you play back a video you stopped watching it’ll resume where it stopped.

20. raypin

Mm....10 million sign-ups.........in one day. Wow.......no wonder the service has teething problems (technical issues).

yup...there’s no continue watching tab....even the Watch list does not appear in the home page. You need to go to My Profile -> Watch List to view. Interface needs massive refinement.

But if you have the Apple TV app, that’s not a problem. The app keeps track of all the shows you are watching including Disney+ and other services like Apple TV+, Hulu, iTunes, HBO etc. (except Netflix) basically every service that Apple also sells....under Up Next, so you can resume watching right where you left it.

#100 raypin, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019