Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I guess Hulu won't be including HBO Max in the future. Timed to get my HBO Now account back.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....my HBO Now account is self-suspended. Nothing worth watching ever since GOT ended. And I know some folks are nuts over Westworld. I HATE that show.

Hulu stays active. There are some shows worth watching like Shark Tank, The Resident and New Amsterdam.

Will check out HBO Max and Disney +. Netflix stays active although there are a lot of BASURA content. It is quantity over quality.

3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

4. raypin

Mm....one word: OLD...except for Captain Marvel.......like moldy cheese or stale potato chips. Will wait for new content like the mandalorian.....well...there’s the sound of music....”the hills are alive with the sound of music...”.:ROFLMAO:

prime time disney +

:p

#64 raypin, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    leninmac likes this.
  5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

By browsing their initial movies during launch, looks like they are pretty much the same lineup with disneylife...

leninmac likes this.
  6. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

leninmac likes this.
  7. leninmac

Hmm. Old is good. I’ll call them Classics instead of Old ( at least some of them) :LOL::LOL: Most casual viewers still prefer bingewatching old tv series. In fact Friends and The Office were among the most tv watched shows on Netflix, both old TV series. Can’t wait to rewatch the 1990s X-Men Animated series. (y)(y)

8. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Unlike AppleTV+, this won’t be a global launch today, but limited only to US subscribers. VPN access is needed for you to watch and stream.

9. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

Keep checking DisneyPlusVPN on Reddit for those interested in subscribing to Disney+ but are geo blocked.

magkono likes this.
  10. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I wonder if getflix will work

11. raypin

Mm...we ll find out how good Disney + geolock is. It launches in the USA at 3 AM Pacific Nov 12 or 5 PM today PH time.

I checked Getflix’s Twitter page and it seems that Getflix subscibers will be able to get Disney + service from day one.

However, getting around the geoblock does not address the next roadblock: paywall....if it is US credit card, then we won’t be able to get the service.....until the global rollout.

#71 raypin, Nov 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM
  12. antski

antski Well-Known Member

you can try prepaid credit cards but for me it's not really worth all the hassle.

13. kinse_44

As of the moment Disney+ works with ExpressVPN, but Getflix is blocked. For payment or availing the 7 day free trial subscribe using your US iTunes account.

Local credit cards, or using a local credit card linked to a US Paypal account will not work.

14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

15. raypin

Mm...using my iPhone, also activated my Disney + via Expressvpn and subscription via US iTunes account.
    FD9A85F2-078B-419D-9C9D-39B535DE9B5B.png

Getflix not working right now but I sent an email already asking when getflix will be disney+ ready. Have a lifetime subscription with them.

Activating Disney + on the Apple TV is a PAIN using Expressvpn. I have to follow their tutorial. Messy because it involves messing with the ATV’s DNS settings to switch to normal or Getflix dns numbers.

Airplay and screen mirroring from iOS devices to Apple TV is not allowed.

edit:
    getflix’s reply:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we don’t support Disney+ US yet, our Network Team is working on unblocking it properly, we have no ETA for the process of unblocking. We will update you via email once the unblocking is complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#75 raypin, Nov 12, 2019 at 8:01 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    Sunil_K likes this.
  16. kinse_44

Really a power move by Disney by including the 4K HDR version of their movies and TV series, and also the extras like deleted scenes and commentary for just $7 a month. Why buy or rent the movie on iTunes, Amazon Prime, or Vudu when you can get it all for just $7 a month?

17. leninmac

So any thoughts/reviews on the first episode of The Mandalorian?

18. raypin

Mm...half finished on episode 1. Too busy trying to defeat the geolock of d+on my appletv using expressvpn. No problem with iOS devices and even on android. But on atv, no luck so far. After jumping through so many hoops (including signing up for ddns service and altering to the recommended DNS digits), no luck. D+ still refuses to play on the atv.

Will buy tomorrow Apple HDMI to lighting adaptor to see if wired connection between iPhone and HDTV will work since airplay and screen mirroring does not work.

Any atv users here in the PH who succeeded? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

The Mandalorian is in 4K. Will finish it tomorrow.

If not, I ll cancel d+ and wait for Asian launch (expected 2019 to early 2020). Can't bear to watch on small screens.

leninmac likes this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Definitely follows the canon of the Star Wars universe. Almost like a standalone feature of the franchise, not an attempt to create its own verse. Other characters should have their own, like Chewbacca or even Palpatine (how he became the Evil Lord).

Overall, 7.5/10. Good start.

Mykolant and leninmac like this.
  20. oaba09

oaba09 Member

I'll wait for the asian release of the service and I'll wait for more reviews to determine if this is worth a subscription.

The number of streaming services coming out is making me rethink my decision to "cord cut".

I'm already spending around 1600 pesos per month for multiple video streaming services which is actually higher than what I spent when we had cable.

I'm seriously considering cancelling some of my subsscriptions

Here are my current subscriptions:
    1) Netflix(ultra HD plan)- I cannot cancel this since my wife and sister in law are using the service.

2) fox+ for it's sports content(fox sports 1-3)- I'm a big formula 1 fan and this is the only way for me to watch F1 legally.

3) NBA leaguepass(big NBA fan). - I'm thinking of downgrading my plan to "team pass" which would halve the monthly cost.

4) Amazon prime- I guess this will be the 1st casualty since all the shows I like from amazon are currently in between seasons. I can just resubscribe once new seasons are out for those shows.

5)Youtube premium- The only show I liked is cobra kai but I'm loving the ad free youtube experience

PinkHunny and raypin like this.