Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The Pinoys stateside would certainly disagree :LOL: TFC is their lifeblood and most important channel rather than Netflix or Amazon. My daughter and her extended American family have subscribed to it, making me wonder what they watch there instead of the more popular streaming services.

bus likes this.
  2. bus

bus Member

True. Hehehe. :)
    I subscribe to catch up on the news back home. Not much on the teleserye/drama. :sleep:

But am trying to keep my expenses low. Might replace HBO Now with Disney+ when it rolls out. I haven't streamed any features from HBO the past two weeks. Probably wouldn't miss it. Haven't watched anything from Amazon for weeks. Watched mostly Neflix and Youtube (tennis tournament results/replays, how-tos, instructionals: camping, hiking, fishing, etc).

Current channels:

HBO Now $14.99
    Netflix $8.99
    TFC $4.95
    Hulu $0.99
    Amazon Prime Video $0
    Philo $20 (Cancelled)
    Local TV channels (over-the air, digital) $0

[​IMG]

hitme64 likes this.
  3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Read an article from the Verge that the Apple's Streaming subscription will cost $10 and will initially have only 5 tv shows. :mad: You have to do better than that Apple.

Ghibli and hitme64 like this.
  4. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I totally understand what you're saying. And I respect Pinoys who subscribe to TFC. I'm just not that guy. I just go to Youtube if i need to catch up on local news/features.

greta87 and bus like this.
  5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Malayo kaya sa quality ng disneylife yan disney+ na streaming?

6. leninmac

Just a quick note. Disney+ will only stream PG13 can’t content. This was announced at the D23. Fox Properties that are R Rated like Deadpool and Logan will probably go to Hulu.

7. leninmac

Those loads of old movies and tv shows that’s not Netflix originals will slowly disappear from Netflix as film outfits like Disney/ Fox, NBC, and CBS start launching their own streaming service. You probably won’t be seeing any Marvel/ Fox/ Disney/ Pixar contents from Netflix by December.

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..as a subscriber, my only criteria in choosing is new, compelling content....somewhere in the level of Game of Thrones. I really don’t care for OLD content specially from Disney. I want adult-oriented content, not kid stuff. Why would I pay to watch Marvel movies that I have already spent good money on? I ve seen it in a proper theatre and I don’t really care to watch it on TV. What for?

So, as far as I am concerned, whichever streaming service comes up with new and good-quality content gets my subscription money.

Mykolant, leninmac and Dgame12345 like this.
  9. leninmac

Hmm. Which TV series will equal or surpass GOT? Here are a few candidates: Witcher, Wheel of Time, Watchmen, the upcoming Lord of the Rings TV series. What’s your pick?

QUOTE="raypin, post: 1520736, member: 18710"]Mm..as a subscriber, my only criteria in choosing is new, compelling content....somewhere in the level of Game of Thrones. I really don’t care for OLD content specially from Disney. I want adult-oriented content, not kid stuff. Why would I pay to watch Marvel movies that I have already spent good money on? I ve seen it in a proper theatre and I don’t really care to watch it on TV. What for?

So, as far as I am concerned, whichever streaming service comes up with new and good-quality content gets my subscription money.[/QUOTE]

10. raypin

[/QUOTE]

Mm....I ll wait and make my decision. The Mandalorian on Disney Plus looks promising. Can Disney make some great sitcoms like The Big Bang or HIMYM or, maybe Brooklyn Nine Nine? Maybe some adult-oriented shows like Breaking Bad or Weed or Narcos? Something along those line.

That will keep me interested.

ronjet and leninmac like this.
  11. leninmac

All content from Disney+ unfortunately will be PG13. Forgot to add His Dark Materials on the list. The trailer looks promising.

QUOTE="raypin, post: 1520755, member: 18710"][/QUOTE]

Mm....I ll wait and make my decision. The Mandalorian on Disney Plus looks promising. Can Disney make some great sitcoms like The Big Bang or HIMYM or, maybe Brooklyn Nine Nine? Maybe some adult-oriented shows like Breaking Bad or Weed or Narcos? Something along those line.

That will keep me interested.[/QUOTE]

raypin likes this.
  12. raypin

Mm....Disney owns Hulu (majority stake) and I like Hulu (dumped Sling TV).....okay lang itapon ng Disney dun yung for adults only content like The Bisexuals. Following AGT, The Manifest and the medical drama, New Amsterdam.

#52 raypin, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    leninmac likes this.
  13. raypin

That will keep me interested.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Mm...His Dark Materials is a TV version of The Golden Compass. Love that film. Unfortunately, it tanked in the box office and the studio cancelled production of the sequel. Bitin na bitin.

14. Mykolant

Fair enough. And it's good that from this day forward, we all have varying choices we can make. One network can't please everybody.

15. bus

bus Member

There's a current special limited-time deal for Disney+ but it's a 3-year long commitment ($140) to bring the price to just $3.89/month. Sweet deal but long commitment. May probably opt for the monthly subscription plan ($6.99) to test the service. Oh, and there's the yearly plan at $69.99 ($5.83/mo) for those interested.

16. Mykolant

just saw this trailer.... in case it hasn't been shared here yet...

17. raypin

#57 raypin, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

The question now is when will it arrive on our shores... and of course, for how much. Judging from competing Netflix rates, maybe it will be between 350 to 500 pesos per month?

19. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

20. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^Heard from a Disney insider (SEA office) that Disney+ will be launched in SEA in 2021 pa.

Malabo sa 2020. :)