Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Great episode, kept me wondering what was going to happen next and it tied the the first 3 episodes together well. I’ll miss the corny old fashioned comedy skits, but I know I’m the only one who will.

leninmac likes this.
  2. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

3. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally! Finally free of the sitcoms phase. Finally things are moving along.

S.W.O.R.D. is kinda S.I.L.L.Y. although it's comic book canon. Seems like a redundant organization, ripe to me acquired and merged.

Coincidentally, I had just re-watched Captain Marvel a couple days before, and voila the Rambeau women are back in this MCU storyline. Side note: I really didn't like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. She had this pompous, arrogant and unlikable air about her throughout the movie. No wonder there were rumors her Avengers co-stars didn't like her.

#243 Godfather, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Hero33 likes this.
  4. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

yup the only female marvel character I didn’t like. Either her acting or character lacked development.

5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Disney+ is launching on singapore on Feb 23rd. Hoping to have disney+ on our shores this year. :)

6. leninmac

Hm. I wonder if there's going to be geo restrictions similar to Netflix. Will we have the same content as Disney+ US?

jayparalejas likes this.
  7. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed, but knowing well the licensing issues of disney here locally. Some content might be restricted. except for their originals like mandalorian, wandavision, etc.

leninmac likes this.
  8. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

From what I know, contents do vary by country, so definitely PH content when it gets here will be different from US.

leninmac likes this.
  9. leninmac

Getflix to the rescue.

10. leninmac

Lets hope. Original content in streaming channels doesnt necessary guarantee that it will be made available in all geos. I remember Voltron which originally aired on Netflix not shown in the Philippines. Same with The Boys. It wasnt available in Amazon Prime Singapore.

jayparalejas, post: 1550426, member: 15148"]Fingers crossed, but knowing well the licensing issues of disney here locally. Some content might be restricted. except for their originals like mandalorian, wandavision, etc.[/QUOTE]

Godfather likes this.
  11. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

This is the inly streaming service I want on top of my Netflix subscription. I just don’t want to go to the hassle of doing the workarounds to get Disney+ to work here in the Ph. I really hope we get this soon!!!

Godfather likes this.
  12. leninmac

13. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Or maybe that's just how her character was supposed to be -- hot-shot fighter pilot turned super-alien with galactic powers....I can understand how that can make one overconfident and mayabang.

I don't personally know Brie so it's all the same to me.

shootertwist and leninmac like this.
  14. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

She did this while subbing for Jimmy Kimmel, and it improved my impression of her for a couple of reasons. :coffee::)

[​IMG]

But not by much.

kyubi, eag and leninmac like this.
  15. leninmac

Hmm. Maybe because the character isn’t as sympathetic as the other MCU characters. It’s as if her powers were given to her on a silver platter. Tony Stark had to make his suit of armour to become Ironman. Peter Quill was abducted as a child by aliens. Steve Rogers was bullied and was rejected several times by the army before receiving the super soldier serum. Dr. Strange had to train for years to become the Sorcerer Supreme.

16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

totally agree on this... i guess that just means she played her character well hehe... i’m ok with her portrayal of capt marvel, its the movie’s script that’s subpar and should have given her a worthy opponent in that movie haha

17. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

the workaround is really so simple now even my non-techie friends have disney+ hehe not sure with other vpn, but with expressvpn its just literally one click away with their apps. For apple tv, its a one time tinkering then forget about it afterwards, mine has been more than a year already and no problems encountered... but i must admit i watch more on hbo max lately, just turn to disney+ every friday night for wanda vision and the occasional marvel reruns when i feel like it

18. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

I guess Captain Marvel as a character just lacks depth. Tony Stark had his rise and fall, Steve Rogers, Black Widow. Captain Marvel was all power with a touch of betrayal from sensei.

Godfather likes this.
  19. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

More of the same with some new footage spliced in...

Some rumors floating around:
    • Mephisto's role might actually be replaced by Magneto (to be played by Ian McKellen) -- doubtful
    • SWORD leader Tyler Hayward might actually be Mephisto (or behind him and Agnes) -- probable
    • Dr Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) might cameo in the finale to tie in with the Multiverse of Madness -- possible

#260 fcdiesta, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    leninmac likes this.