Disney+ - Disney's streaming service

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 30, 2018.

1. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Watched episode 1 of WandaVision this morning. Yup, it’s a nostalgic homage to the old black and white sitcoms of the 20th century. Reminds me a lot of Bewitched. I enjoyed it, it has that family friendly tv humor from simpler times. Younger fans won’t appreciate this show at all, I’m sure.

raypin and ronjet like this.
  2. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

2 episodes in and the connection with the movies isn't there yet. I'm avoiding discussion threads about how the show is connected to the movies. I don't want to spoil it.

ronjet likes this.
  3. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Finished episode 2 of WandaVision, and I’m wondering if this is a revised version of House of M

ronjet and leninmac like this.
  4. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Looks like it. The altered reality might be Scarlett Witch’s work as a result of a mental breakdown due to the death of Vision in Infinity War.

Godfather, eag and ronjet like this.
  5. leninmac

6. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope they hurry up and get to the point soon. Two episodes of an altered I Love Lucy is ok, but it feels like they just threw away two 30 minute blocks.

leninmac likes this.
  7. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I absolutely love the first two episodes of WandaVision. Refreshing, Inventive, Heartfelt and Fun, but there's this unshakable sense of dread that slowly creeps into the surface, as if a bleak reality is waiting to unravel the seemingly perfect facade. Of note, I haven't read a single Marvel comic in my life so I'll take it for what it is.

8. bluedragonph

bluedragonph Active Member

How were you able to stream your disney+ in your TVs? I tried installing it in my android box and turning on my vpn (expressvpn) but still cannot log in to my account. I also tried casting it but keeps on getting an error. I dont want to be stuck with just playing these great shows in my ipad. Thank you!

9. leninmac

Finished Episode 3 of Wandavision. Things are starting to unravel. I still wished they’d released all episodes at once. It’s still an homage to tv sitcoms but this is more 70s, 80s sitcom as compared to the previous 2 episodes which were 50s,60s sitcom.

#230 leninmac, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  10. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m using Getflix DNS settings on an Apple TV.

raypin likes this.
  11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...same. Getflix and Disney +

12. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

I use VPN Unlimited on my Mi Box S, then use the dedicated Disney+ button or the Texas 2 location. Yes, sometimes, log in error pops out.I just restart my Mi Box S.

13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

same here wished it was a binge watch type of show where all are eps are available at once... or maybe make it more 45-mins to one hour, like some tv shows, bitin eh hehe... though i have read that the way the show is constructed, the last three episodes is where it fully transforms into the usual marvel movie we are accustomed to

leninmac likes this.
  14. leninmac

We still don't who the main villain is. It might be Wanda herself.

15. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

i bought amazon firestick, downloaded my vpn app surfshark, installed and played disney plus

16. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

So aside from evolving into a 70s Brady Bunch sitcom, Wandavision is still stuck in that dimension.

I think Wanda was so traumatized by Vision's death that she retreated into her ideal world (or transformed reality into it) where she and Vision can live out the rest of their lives in perpetual happiness. But this very slow trickle of corny sitcom episodes isn't moving the story forward. We're already at the third episode and they have only given a couple of teasing clues that there is a behind-the-scenes world outside the sitcom dimension.

Also I keep wondering : the Marvel movies never really established how Wanda Maximoff, born and raised in the fictional country of Sokovia in what seems like Eastern Europe, had a very thick Slavic accent in Age of Ultron, but became very midewestern American in the subsequent sequels. I guess her powers include accent changing.

leninmac likes this.
  17. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

One theory is that Wanda had to go into hiding during "Civil War" so she had to learn to blend in, requiring her to lose the accent. Also, it's her dream world so I guess she can speak in any accent she desires :)

Hero33, Godfather and leninmac like this.
  18. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Bit the bullet and gave Mrs 25 dollars to add to her apple account and got Disney plus for a year before the price increase.

enjoying the Simpson’s from season 1! Lol love it.

have it on Dvd and plex but just love the simplicity of having it everywhere.

19. leninmac

Finished Episode 4 of Wandavision. No more sitcom references, back to the real world. Geraldine is apparently Monica Rambeau aka the second female Captain Marvel. Some familiar characters from MCU, Darcy, Jane Foster’s assistant from Thor, FBI Agent Wu of Antman. Bitin :mad::mad: They should have released all episodes.

Godfather and Mykolant like this.