Digital Hub Service Center (GH)

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by jappy_24, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dub682

dub682 Member

Bought some gears here for my new MBP..Capdase leather incase. Very useful and for long term durability.

2. poleng

poleng Member

i had my macbook pro check-in for repairs because of faulty GPU from nvidia last saturday and im very happy for the speedy service and they told me that my mbp's logic board will be replaced for free by apple. yey! thank god i don't have to shell out 30k pesos for replacements @[email protected]

3. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Really? I availed of this before and only paid Php 280+ for shipping.

4. banannarama

banannarama New Member

Hello,

I am currently in Canada while my fiance is still sleeping, manila time. He was up all night trying to fix his laptop that just won't turn on from sleep. :slanted:

After researching for troubleshooting, none of them seem to work. The battery seems to still be charging but there is no side battery indicator as his laptop is the MBP 17" 2008 model, not the unibody yet.

We have been looking for reliable shops to bring the laptop to as we've heard stories about files being copied and what not. :( Thanks to the internet, and especially Philmug (where else would I really have to look anyway?) I've learned that DHub is the SAFEST place to go to. :D

I'm sure you understand my dilemma, being that Skype was really best means of communication, so with that not possible, I'm trying to help speed things up.

Sadly, he doesn't have warranty anymore and I was wondering how expensive it could be, assuming it is the logic board that needs to be replaced?

Does he need to call DHub first to place an appointment? Does he need to bring the receipt? Does he need to leave the laptop for the diagnostics test? He is a graphic designer and although he backs up his files, he still has recent works that need to be salvaged. Is that possible from a machine that refuses to boot?

Also, just to prepare financially, how much are we looking at?

Thank you everyone! Any help is a big help.

5. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

^tell him to visit Digital Hub Service Center at Virra Mall Greenhills asap (10am-9pm daily). As long as the HDD is not corrupted & defective, his files are easily retrievable. He most likely will leave his MBP at the service center, but he may ask help for data retrieval while there, so best to bring an external drive.

Sadly, a faulty logicboard would really be expensive to replace, better to buy a new MBP. I did hear though that logicboards are repairable at the chip level in the US.

6. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Hi Bananarama,

Just have him bring his unit to DIgital Hub @ VMall Service Center anytime. We need to check to ensure what the problem is. Logic board cost is anywhere between 30 - 50 k though.

7. poleng

poleng Member

omg 30-50k for a new logic board might as well buy a new one lol

8. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

gerald03,

seems to me a lot of faulty logic boards gets busted. What is the reason for this? overheat?

9. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Yeah, Quite expensive no? No ain't the price of AppleCare cheap? :D

Not really a lot. We rarely receive logic board problems. A few isolated cases. Usually units breaks down due to wear and tear; and what are the conditions the unit is being used for.

There is no "written" bible on how to take care of your unit or how soon will a Mac breakdown. Kaya its best to have AppleCare. However, before I was using a 12" Powerbook and as far as I know, that unit is still working now. :)

10. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

@geraldo3: any update yet from applecare? hope applecare replaces the hinge & the unit gets repaired soon...

11. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Not really a case on Apple portables but I do have a friend who consistently breaks his Wintel laptops exactly a year every single time. This has been consistent for over 7 years now. The possible reason? He plays tons of games on them. The theory here is that the heat generated by taxing the machine may wear down the components of a laptop and possibly cause premature failure.

Others tend to treat their laptops bad, put heavy things on it, hold it roughly and bump it everywhere. I have some female friends tend to be the least OC and the worst offenders. This is why I become very weary when I read "Lady Owned" in any second hand gadget sale online. :D

12. babyangel

babyangel Member

sir geraldo3,

since you are the ones who approve/turn down free battery replacements, may i ask for the proper way of using the mac batteries?

Should a user charge batt to full, unplug, charge when the indicator says so OR
    always keep the plug on whenever the mac is used?

13. faithlc

faithlc Technoholics

14. iDave

iDave Active Member

Can I bring in my Macbook Pro for service even if I didn't buy it from DH? I have this problem:

[​IMG]

15. rspinzon

rspinzon Member

Yes, pwedind pwede

16. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Hi BabyAngel,

Actually, we don't approve or disapprove battery replacement, we facilitate the approval for replacement via conducting test as mandated by Apple; test results are submitted to them. :)

For information and how to care for your batteries, you may refer to this http://www.apple.com/batteries/.

Hi iDave,

Yes you can. We provide service to ANY Apple product except iPhones.

17. iDave

iDave Active Member

Alright, thanks geraldo3, will pass by tomorrow!

18. babyangel

babyangel Member

Thank you for the replies. I have read conflicting views about keeping the ac on when in use that's why I had to confirm.

19. iDave

iDave Active Member

@geraldo3

Took my MBP last sunday man, thanks! Can't wait for it to get it back, too much work to be done. Btw, how can I check the status of my MBP? and is it possible to have my keys/keyboard replaced? Thanks!

20. melvel

melvel Member

Does Digital Hub have wrapsols or invisible shields available for iPad2?