Digital Hub Service Center (GH)

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by jappy_24, Oct 6, 2010.

1. just_caps

just_caps Member

@geraldo3,
    do you guys have a 2GB RAM for the late '06 Macbook? It runs very slow since we had it upgraded from OS X Tiger to Leopard due to the 512 MB RAM

2. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

DDR2 667mhz 2GB sodimm ram are easy to find nowadays. Just scout for the best price, preferably for a genuine Kingston brand. Estimated price: about 2k

3. just bry

just bry Member

Went to digital hub viramall this afternoon to have the bloated battery on my macbook replaced, but sadly they said that i already consumed a lot of battery cycles. If consuming a lot of battery cycles means that the battery can hold less charge than the usual, I can live with it, because it's almost always in my room. But its BLOATED that's not normal I'm having a really hard time pushing the trackpad button because the bloated battery pushes it back up.

I believe that batteries aren't suppose to act this way even if you consume it's whole battery cycle.

Now im running out of option and applecare is ticking, it'll expire this march. Hindi ko man lang nagamit applecare ko and now i have to pay 7k for a new battery. :(

4. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Hi.

Sadly its an Apple Policy that applies in your case.

For Batteries; it can only be covered via AppleCare if the Battery Cycle is not used up. If the cycle is used up and the battery is bloated; it cannot be covered. However, if the battery is bloated and the cycle haven't reach the maximum, we can still have it replaced.

And yes, the battery shouldn't bloat even the cycle is used up; your one last option is to call AppleCare's hotline however most of the time this kind of repairs is declined.

5. majesta24

majesta24 Member

how much will it cost if i plan to replace my mpb 13" (2010) harddrive to 500GB?

6. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    So how do we know when the battery cycle is used up? I checked my System Profiler and it says the condition of the battery of my MBP 15" is "Replace Now", with a Cycle Count of 362.

Its out of warranty na, but my office is taking its sweet time getting me a replacement battery.

7. just bry

just bry Member

@gerald
    thanks. guess my only option is to call applecare hotline. well if there's still a tiny sliver of hope might as well take it.

@mykolant
    they used this service center specific software for checking the battery cycle, it shows yelow and red colors, if it shows yellow it's not covered with warranty, if it shows red it's still up for replacement. if i remember it correctly 300-something cycles is still viable for replacement if it's still under warranty. mine has 600+ cycles.

do correct me if im wrong gerald.

8. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Battery Cycle for older Macs is only 300; for the newer ones its 1000 cycles.

Once the battery cycle is used up, that's the time it is considered out of warranty regardless the status of your coverage.

You may check your battery cycle via clicking on the Apple Logo > About this Mac > More Info... > Under hardware "Power" then on the right pane under Battery Information; Look for Health Information; there it would say whats your Battery Cycle Count and Condition.

9. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

How do you define "older Macs"? Is a late 2008 MacBook already considered an old Mac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

When we say older macs, this are 2008 and earlier; most of the batteries then holds only 300 cycles. the more current ones, specifically the unibody that can hold 7-10 hours battery life has 1000 cycles.

11. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Copy that. Just wanted to make I didn't get duped out of buying a new battery.

Thanks. Digital Hub still is my favorite Apple Reseller.

:)

(Discount naman)

12. machoguapo

machoguapo New Member

Hello,

Magkano po ba ang battery replacement? Model No.: A1189 ang battery ng mac book pro ko.

13. just_caps

just_caps Member

Kudos to geraldo3 (gerald) and his service team at DH V-Mall for replacing and upgrading the RAM of my brother's black macbook a while ago. :) Great customer service as well! :) My brother now enjoys his newly updated and upgraded black macbook. Thank you for a job well done DH V-Mall! :) Staring today, all of my family's Apple products will be serviced by you guys. Also goes to my gf's MBP as well! :)

14. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I was heartbroken when my MacBook Pro suddenly died on me after 2 years. I was about to give up on it until i brought it to Digital Hub in Greenhills and much to my surprise, they replaced my faulty logic board free of charge because i had one of the affected machines in the NVIDIA recall. After just a few days they informed me that my machine has been repaired and I even managed to upgrade my HDD to 640 GB.

Now my Mac feels brand new and I owe a huge amount of gratitude to the kind folks at DH Greenhills for their professional and prompt service.

Thank you.

15. dexterandrada

dexterandrada Member

I just want to give a shout out to the people of Digital Hub in Virramall, great service, and very meticulous in attaching skins, etc...

Thanks for the discount!

16. twizm

twizm New Member

Digital Hub is one of the best centers here. I'm very happy to deal with them! I got all my idevices there too :D

17. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

Digital Hub and Digital Walker!!! Galing galing. Sobrang bait ng mga employees at si sir charlie. The Best!!!! God bless. :)

18. tungaw442

tungaw442 New Member

hello, applicable ba ang warranty ng wrapsol sa digital hub?

19. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Wrapsol warranty should be with the Store and not the service center; however, I am not certain how the wrapsol warranty goes.

Side note, on my personal experience, ordering the replacement from Wrapsol direct is faster as you directly submit your purchase for approval and not going into channels they way stores do.

Warranty replacement found on their website https://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+Page/Footer+Navigation/warranty.aspx HTH.

20. tungaw442

tungaw442 New Member

salamat sa reply geraldo3.. pero mahal din pala yung shipping cost.. :(