Digital Hub Service Center (GH)

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by jappy_24, Oct 6, 2010.

1. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

Oh i see. Ok thanks for the clarification.

2. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

I am not sure but it may be due to NTC processing by customs that delays clearing. I was told by a Mac tech guy iPads and iPhones take longer to import/repair as the devices go thru NTC with Customs. Maybe you can try asking the staff why it takes that long.

3. LeoMarley

LeoMarley Active Member

how much is a replacement PSU for the MBA 2011?

4. clcabatbat

clcabatbat Member

sir how much would it cost to clean the inside of my macbook aluminum late 2008? (clean the fan+heatsink and replace the thermal paste). i bought it from digital hub ermita. please reply, so i would know how much i would bring when i go to your service center in virra mall.

5. tongis

tongis Member

Just wanna ask Sir if digital hub accepts instances like dirt inside the screen or more like a dead pixel? thanks a lot! :)

6. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

Is it possible to course my iPhone repair to Digital Hub if I have consent from Globe?

7. keilu

keilu Member

Thanks :) finally got back my iPod Touch yesterday :) thanks thanks! and hopefully ... this replacement unit's wont get busted coz i dont have warranty anymore :)

8. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I want to say a big 'Thank You' to Digital Hub for replacing my iPad's frayed lightning cable (still under warranty).

9. tongis

tongis Member

Thank you Digital Hub GH and Apple for the LCD replacement of my Macbook Pro-RD... And also to Mr. Blake Perkins of Apple US for his assistance and effort for my request and specially for a Samsung LCD Panel. :)

10. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Hi guys planning to have my wife's mbp13 mid2009 checked cause a couple of rows of her keyboard isn't responding :(
    Hope it's nothing serious.

11. rallyweapon

rallyweapon New Member

Hi.

My MBA 13 2012's battery lasts for 2 hrs and the Service battery sign comes on but disappears as well. There's about 110 cycle count on the battery and have had this MBA for just over a year. Is this normal behaviour? In Apple's literature, it says that this should last at least 1000 cycles or 3 yrs. There was a slight improvement on battery life when I upgraded to Mavericks but the battery seldom lasts for more than 2 hrs. Can this be serviced? How long to replace the battery?

12. iDave

iDave Active Member

Is Digital Hub in V-mall open already? Planning to go there today to get my MBP checked

13. iJav

iJav Active Member

Lipat na kasi sa ibang thread. It's now BTB. :D

14. iDave

iDave Active Member

Oops, my bad, thanks for pointing it out!

15. right_stuff

right_stuff Member

Question, why is there a charge for 'software related issue' (sorry but Its my first time to encounter this from an apple tech) even if the unit is under warranty? I was told that backing up my file would cost me 600 and that hardware failure is the only thing covered by the warranty? Isnt backing up my files part of the service warranty? And what is software related issue? How can one tell the software caused the macbook to fail? Sorry but i got so disappointed that i got my unit from them and this is what i got. My unit is less than 6 months old.

Ive tried other service center in the past and never had issues as such. Is this a new policy by apple? I decided to bring my unit to another service center and they took my unit without any questions asked after checking the serial for warranty.

Its a nice store, I just hope after sales service could improve. Now if this is a new apple policy then what can we do.

16. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

Backing up your data is your responsibility and not the service center. For those who do not know how to backup their own files, service centers will normally charge you for the service.

As for the software related issue, I am guessing maybe physically there are no damages to your hardware. And I am also thinking that they have their own hardware testing methods to diagnose your unit. If your unit passed all the hardware diagnostic tests then maybe the issue is software related. When my unit has problems, I normally reformat and reinstall the OS to remove the possibility of a software related problem. If the problem persists even after reinstallation of the OS then most probably the issue is already hardware.

17. right_stuff

right_stuff Member

While I fully understand that backing up your files is our resposibility, (had my files backed up anyways) I think as a service center they should try to preserve whatever data they could especially if the problem is still unidentified. As for my case the other service center immediately informed me about a recall for mid 2013 MBA ssd's (ssd may fail and may result to data loss) upon inspection and offered to try to recover what they can since its a ssd issue (a hardware issue).

Sorry but I just find it weird that warranty claims vary depending on where you claim it?

Would have been easier to do a format and reinstall if the mba came with a restore disk or a flash drive like before. And I just dont have time for that at this time of the year.

And I would have appreciated a diagnostic done first before insisiting on that 'software related' issue. Afterall my unit is part of recall for all you know.

18. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

To Charlie,

I am very disappointed with the service I am experiencing at the Virramall branch.

I've been buying from you all these years, my family has bought, on my referral, at least 15 Macs, not including, iPhones bought from your store and friends I have directly brought to you to buy their Macs.

I brought in a 6 month old MBP 13" last July 21 2014 due to all the USB ports, firewire ports and display crashing. I even copied 2 videos of the recurrence to the laptop, showed it to your technician and how it happened on the laptop. The laptop is so unused it doesn't have any scratches (not brought out of a room) yet, the response of your Virra Mall service group has left me very disappointed.

I was hoping that they would have at least ordered the replacement parts by today since it still is under warranty, but I feel the whole unit is so new, a replacement would be better suited. The MBP is so new, it still has the smell, and your crew were so hard pressed to find scratches; they were putting it up against the light, putting their eyes right next to the screen and holding the body barely four inches away from their eyes to just look for scratches. Your person on the phone said it was a hard drive problem, so I asked, what was your course of action?

They replied nothing yet as of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvJZYinSn0&list=UUT7maVXI_yEbSQKuoFLXQ8g That's what the unit is doing. Aside from the static, all ports, USB and fire keep dropping connections.

Even a high school tech geek can diagnose, from the process of elimination, that it is not just a hard drive problem. Somethings going on with your service crew Charlie.

I've had no problems with your service before with my MBP 15" but this last one, was just too fishy to me, especially for a practically brand new unit.

19. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

To add to the story, the laptop was first brought in a few days before July 21. The service guy said it was a software problem so they did not accept it and it was just brought back to us.

I then booted it from a clean OSX copy I keep and found it was still doing the same thing. Hence, I brought it in on the 21st. I called up for an update and the technician said the report said it was a faulty hard drive.

A faulty hard drive for graphics, dropping ports et al? Double fishy for me because before I left the system, I videoed the process again at your store to show them how the problem happened and the drive was working perfectly fine. If you want, I can upload that video and the service crew who witnessed it on youtube and send you the link privately.

20. mig

mig Active Member

Speaking from experience, a replacement unit depends entirely on Apple and not the service center. Rule of thumb is 3-4 major repairs before they give you a new computer. Best of luck on the repair of your unit.