Digital Hub Service Center (GH)

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by jappy_24, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jappy_24

jappy_24 Member

Hi guys!

I was just wondering, since I am a newbie here I have no idea regarding the services that digital hub greenhills is offering.

The case is, I have a macbook pro 13'' and it has a track pad problem where in I have to press it really hard for the click button to register... my laptop is still under warranty until november this year, I'm planing to have it repaired/checked there.

In case there will be parts to be replaced, do I still have to pay for it since it is under apple warranty?

What is the contact number of DH Service Center GH?

Thanks guys!

God bless!

2. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

They're open until 8PM.

3. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

Nothing but love to all those in Digital Hub Service Center in GH. They are always helpful and accomodating. I bought all (almost) my stuffs there.

4. makoy32000

makoy32000 Member

Eton Cyberpod Corinthian, Ortigas Pasig City
    Do they also offer repair of iPhones?

5. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

No one (officially) can do repair of iPhones. I believe even Globe can't. Globe can only replace with a new unit.

6. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

Best service I got is from Digi HUB :) One thing I noticed though is the new girl on the serivce dept is a bit pessimistic on things and not flexible with things. Regards to Lisa, galing niya! and the new head.

7. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

HI Muggers,

Our direct line is 5709608, your may also reach us via Globe at 0917-5574522.

@guapito & teamjm, Thanks for the kinds words. :)

Hi Jappy_24, as long as your unit is Apple Warranty or Apple Care and no accidental damages, any repairs to your unit will be free both on Labor & Parts. :)

Hope this helps.

8. jappy_24

jappy_24 Member

Thank you sir! It helps me a lot.:) Might bring my mac this coming week.

9. voidnothings

voidnothings Member

Guys, is Digital Walker Cebu an apple service center too?

10. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

@Voidnothings.

Digital Walker Cebu can receive your unit in for repair; however it will be forwarded to Manila as it is only a drop off point.

You may also want to consider checking the other local Apple Service Providers in your area to expedite your servicing process. :)

11. AKC

AKC Member

Hi What time do you usually open for service? Thinking of dropping by tomorrow to have my 11" MBA checked, i think it was screwed in too tightly causing too much stress on the aluminum casing, just want to be sure it won't bend out of shape.

Thanks

12. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

We are open Monday to Sundays from 10AM to 8PM; till 9PM on Fridays and Saturdays. hth.

13. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

Do you guys also offer upgrades for competitive prices? I have a MacBook Unibody bought at your Galleria branch and is thinking of upgrading my RAM to 4gb (6gb if possible) and my HDD to 500gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. reytomanila

reytomanila Member

i got back the core i5 from DHub. thanks Charlie, Arlene + Maritess!

the story: i enabled "guest" logging and someone else used it. an app suddenly had to upgrade and the guest didn't have write permissions to the disk. it froze and i had to force shutdown with the power button.

a few secs after it won't boot up and the horrifying "?-Folder" showed up.

of course i booted using the optical but to no avail.

the next day i rushed to digitalHub (it was late last year, dec 28) and Arlene informed me about the sad news + long process + the holidays.

i sat there sobbing at the lost of precious unbacked-up files.

i called up yesterday Jan.03 with fingers crossed and Maritess informed me it's ready for pick-up.

they replaced the fried 36k worth logic board and zonked 10k worth stock HD ( free of charge of course - within warranty).

to sum it up: processing of in-warranty apple units at DHub = superb after sales support!

15. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Hi RiverPhoenix.

We are glad to be of service. Thanks for the kind words. :)

16. just_caps

just_caps Member

Do you guys have 2GB RAM for late '06 Macbook? How much if ever?

17. j6l_hanopol

j6l_hanopol Active Member

@Gerald, If I may ask, do you really bill the service for Macbook White top case replacement not unibody, even though it's a recall? My friend said that DH-GH billed him for 800pesos. I don't get billed the last time I had a replacement for that.

Thanks.

18. Bem

Bem Member

Is this the branch in VMall? If so, I'd just like to share a few kind words. Had my HD and RAM upgraded there, staff was very helpful, service was quick and they even offered to clone my old HD contents into the new one. Great price too! :)

I've never had any warranty claiming experience whatsoever (thankfully never had to) but I do feel that with their great service it's definitely a good place to go to. :)

19. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Let me just add to the continuously growing list of positive experiences with Charlie and his staff.

I've had my MBP serviced at DH VMall twice the past year, for two major repairs, plus on two separate occasions, I had the battery replaced, all under Applecare coverage, totaling somewhere in the region of 45-50K if I had to pay. In all cases, it was Mark who attended to my MBP's needs. Kilala na nga niya ako to the point na siya pa yung bumabati sa akin sa mall when he sees me around.

Truly top notch service from the team. I don't bring my MBP elsewhere. If I may, I'd recommend Mark highly. I know the other technicians are skilled too, but when some of the other techs can't answer my queries, I just wait for Mark to walk in and he'd be able to answer my questions easily.

Kudos to DH VMall and Charlie. :)

20. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Hi Hanopol. On a few instances; repairs requires us to charge the Labor; on some instances not. Similar to some repairs are being declined with Digital hub, and getting approved with other ASPs. Problem is the approval of repairs is not actually in-synced across approving officers; we are however doing our best to waive whatever charges imposed. HTH.