Diet - What works for you?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by godivachoc, Sep 29, 2011.

1. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Consult your MD first. Some people (like me), can't go full Keto as our genes sucks at managing cholesterol. (n)

Juice and greta87 like this.
  2. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

The best diet really is to eat regularly, but not eat after around 6pm until the next breakfast in the morning at 7am.
    Sure you shouldnt eat more that your activities burn, but if you don't overeat, or just cut your calorie intake a little you not even have to count calories, it simply works.

Just watch this movie about fasting, it is explained at the first half of the movie: http://fastingmovie.com
    Sure they want to sell that special diet, but just skip those parts!

Usually people that are obese or too chubby just have the wrong habit of eating, 3 meals plus always snacks. Especially when watching movies after dinner, usually people eat snacks. But that way you always feed your body food and that is sugar to digest. That way your body never gets enough time to NOT EAT, and thats when you get fat.

And if you think thats nonsense, the hardest way to diet lies in changing your own eating habit!
    Just start with not eating anything after 6pm until breakfast .Why you think its calls break_fast(ing)
    Thee 1st week might be challenging, but after that you sure will notice differences in better sleep and loosing weight.

3. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Liquid diet ---
    1. water
    2. green tea
    3 coffee, black
    4. red red wine

I will drink life to the lees. Alfred, Lord Tennyson

4. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

If you believe in magic... ;)

5. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Did your doctor ever mention to you the source/cause of your blood infection? Considering that part of post-transplant care is maintenance with immunosuppressive agents, which a side effect of taking these drugs, among many others, is infection. Frequent monitoring is imperative, the question of how frequent is up to the discretion of your health care provider. As for diet, were you referred to a nutritionist for long term nutritional management?

6. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

AEE3844C-F8B7-4842-B2D3-FBBEA4627E78.jpeg

Probably the easiest diet hehe.

porkypork and hitme64 like this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Back when our mothers would say that veggies are the best for dieting and slimming down, and if we just deny ourselves to partake of pinakulong ampalaya at talong cooked by them, I remember my mother factory reset me with one great smack to the head. Didn’t take a minute to finish all them veggies. :LOL:

8. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Haha I'm a carnivore, & I don't like veggies. I just eat kangkong & salad. When I was young, we were required to eat veggies & I hated it. We weren't allowed to leave the table unitl we finsihed them off our plate. SO what I would do is to sneak them under the lazy susan when my dad wasn't looking hehe. he would sometimes wonder why it was hard to turn it hehe.

BTT: I did keto around 2 years ago. Lost 20lbs (170-150lbs) in a span of around 4-5 months. Last year been cheating a few times by eating some carbs (pizza & pasta), & some sweets. Now I'm 160lbs. Have to regain discipline again by avoiding them once more.

shaft and hitme64 like this.
  9. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

They did. 3 nephrologists confirmed it, Asian hospital, St Lukes and Cardinal Santos. Long story, but a pregnant woman donated blood in the 80’s and I needed blood transfusion because of dengue. Panel reactive anti body of 30 in my blood. Their conclusion was, I got the anti body from a transfusion, which I only had once in my life. I did a series of plasmapheresis. I also get a check up every two months with blood tests and an annual full check up to see the blood profusion from the kidney. 9 years as of last November. As for diet, well it’s on and off.

Ghibli and porkypork like this.
  10. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

some people go on a diet then make up for it with retail therapy. :D it's like those shmucks who do yoga or go vegan, then spew shit, judging others. :) or those who are kind to their meticulously sculpted selves, but unkind to others. :D

diet without reinventing your being is just wishful shrinking. ;)

Mykolant, kyubi, vic2rp and 2 others like this.
  11. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Just to clarify, I'm speaking out of curiosity as your case is fascinating as transplant recipients are rare. I have so many questions, but I'll withdraw because I do not intend to divert into off topic - territory.

Going back to the topic, my diet is low fat, low salt, low glycemic load. I'm neither overweight, hypertensive or diabetic but I am adhering to such a diet as a preventive measure, as the latter two are common ailments in my family. Compliance with the diet is so far so good.

12. Juice

Supporter

I have a new diet plan. The Quarantine Diet. We'll see the results by April 12.

Mykolant likes this.
  13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Nobody’s going on a diet now with all the time in the world to just eat and eat.

Kaya nga dapat naka-face mask mga tao sa bahay kasi wala ng ginawa kundi lamon ng lamon.

ronjet and Juice like this.
  14. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Diet plans go out the window during self isolation at home. Stocked the fridge with lots of food, too tempting to cook and eat more than the usual.

Still trying to limit rice intake, and increase plant-based (leafy veggies, Pinoy gulay: eggplant, ampalaya, okra, etc.) food.

But ice cream and chips are in the next compartment.

Lastly, a 50-inch TV, Netflix and Disney+, and a comfy beanbag are my only amenities.

15. Juice

Supporter

OK, last year I was getting heavy because of the lock down. Late October afternoon, I lay down on the bed after a Zoom meeting, and started to yawn unexpectedly. You know a yawn is coming usually, but this one just suddenly happened. The yawn lasted a good 4 second inhale, which I have no control of. After the exhale, I sat up on the bed wondering what had happened. I lay down again and a few minutes later, the yawn came back but this time lasted more than 10 seconds of inhale on hold, which I tried to stop so I can exhale. I began to panic since I have no control of this yawn. I stood up and called out to the nearest person in the house. I told my child's caregiver to let my wife know we need to get to the ER. I also asked her if she can do CPR in case I stop breathing. She panicked and called my wife. I was brought to the ER... It's a long story that ended up with my 9 year old transplanted kidney being the culprit, because it was failing. It turns out, my lungs was being filled with water every time I lay down on the bed, and was causing me to yawn(inhaling will fill your lungs with air for oxygen). And that's how I lost almost a hundred pounds in 3 months. Plus my kidney failure requires me to go on dialysis again, and I lost my appetite as a side effect. I've been eating less than 1000 calories a day. I watch cooking shows and mukbang to boost my appetite. My nephro said it'll come back when I get a transplant. So, any willing donors? :ROFLMAO:

16. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

From September 21 to December 21, I lost almost 20 lbs. Started the 1st week with Intermittent Fasting by 18hrs with less sweets and carbs. After 2 weeks, I tried doing One Meal A Day, family member were surprised how much I had lost just eating once a day. I eat rice, breads, and took some drinks. Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Sugar came out normal after 3 months which I think this diet works for me.

Unfortunately, I got COVID-19 last Dec 22. I lost my appetite for 2 weeks, including loss of sense of smell & taste. Until now, I just recovered 90% of my senses. I can't still even smell my own fart. I lost around 5 lbs of my average weight.

Right now, I stopped doing OMAD, since I'm still on my way to strengthen my immune system.

By next week, I'm going back to my old routine with IF for 2 weeks then OMAD again.

shaft and shifty_md like this.
  17. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Let may share my experience on diet that worked for me even on much sedentary due to work from home, i tried the 20-4 intermittent fasting, 4 hours allowed to eat which usually starts at 9am in the morning breaking my fast with brewed black coffee, then by lunch time i took the regular meal of rice, vegies, fish, pork anything else served, in moderation then by 1pm onwards i just took water lots of it until next morning, i was able to lost 20 kilos in 2 months from 120kg to 98kg right now and still continuing, my waist line changed from 45in down to 38in, the best part of this is i feel light, i move quick and never get tired easily just walking in the mall for hours.