did you change your iphone headsets?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 3, 2007.

1. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

well based on my experience hindi ako masyado nagandahan sa headset ng iphone ko. much better pa ang headset ng noki n91 ko. did you change yours already? if yes anung pinalit nyo?

2. 48check

48check Member

I am about to. I ordered vmoda vibe duo

3. kcirecarg718

ok please tell your feedback about the vibe

4. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

Im also considering the vmoda duo, but what turns me off is that it has no buttons to answer calls, and no ipod controls to play/stop, skip to next track. But I guess its a great alternative to the stock iPhone earphones.

It does have a mic to answer the calls.

For now, Im still using my Bose triports. Im just using an adapter to make it fit.

5. 48check

48check Member

Z, the new vibe duo already has playback control. FYI

6. kcirecarg718

how much po yung vide duo?saka saan po kayo naka order?may nakita akong distributor here in ph. Digits Trading? saan po kaya yun

7. 48check

48check Member

8. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

oi, Macky really? wow that's good news. Please give us a short review about it when you get it..hahaha.. or better yet pa try if we do meet..hehehe...

9. kcirecarg718

yes its much better if we can try the vmoda.

off topic

i have this experience buying a phillips headset for my ipod. i search for reviews first before i buy syempre. the reviews are good. but!!!! when i buy this thing! its like buying a class b headset in baclaran. it pissed me off. when to the appliance center MOA branch to return the stuff because im not satisfied with the product. It even advertised " extra bass" when it have no bass at all. syempre i compare it with my nokia n91 headset. and this thing is crap. muntik ko ng makasuntukan yung salesman when he insist that the product cannot be returned. the lesson i learned is that i will not buy itemes the i cannot test. better test it yourself first before buying stuffs.

thanks

10. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

I had the same experience at a similar experience in an Apple Store in SF, but their return policies are much much much more liberal than here in the Philippines.

I wanted to try the Bose in-ear buds, but they didnt have an open-box demo unit, for hygenic purposes I must assume. So the Apple sales person said, just buy it, if you don't like it, bring it back.

I said, how about if I buy it, open it right here, try it, and if I don't like it, you refund my credit card? She laughed politely and said, well, give it a fighting chance of at least 24 hours to see if you really like it or not, but we'll definitely take it back if you don't.

Given the circumstances, I was tempted but decided to pass.

Oh, I also ordered a set of V-Moda Vibe Duos, according to UPS I should be getting them on Monday morning.

11. 48check

48check Member

Sweet. I was expecting my Vibe Duo to arrive on Monday but.. lo and behold.. I was awaken by the voice of our helper saying "Koya may pakeyg daw kayo". And there it is! The UPS Guy with my package.

I ordered this last Thursday (Oct. 25) and it took only 9 days for them to deliver. I'd say that is pretty good considering that their shipping only costs $5.

Initial Impressions:
    Packaging - Uses the same one as the original Vibes
    In Box- sets of black and white fittings. The one that came with the headset fit my ears perfectly.
    Sound - Very good, not excellent but very good. It sounds a bit bassy, max volume is not the type that will make you go deaf. I cant say much because I'm still breaking this in (if there is such a thing + the fact that I just woke up 5 mins ago), I'll add more comments afterwards.
    Controls - ipod control works as advertised.

There Z, my quick review.

12. Ranma

Ranma Member

Argh! I'm tempted to get the Vibe too. More moolah down the drain, hehe.

13. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

Nice macky. Hehehehe.. now Im excited on the Duo Im getting as well. I'll be trying it out first. Hope that the ipod controls work on that Duo I'll be getting.

How about the warranty Bro?

14. rsa

rsa Member

I got the shure earphone adapter for my shure e4c for $40 at the apple store.

15. kcirecarg718

this is very exciting! can wait for your vibes!hehehe

16. alhuang1

alhuang1 Member

This is just to give you some initial feedback on the vibes sound isolating headphones for iphone. I just arrived home yesterday from SFO and bought a pair. I have actually not used the headphones for making a call but rather just to listen to music and I used this set all the way during my flight from SFO to Manila. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would actually rate the headphone set as a 7. The highs were clear but not as clear as the shure e3c and the bass was fairly good but not as good as the sennheiser cx300 (? not sure about the model but it was reviewed before here on Philmug). I had the headphones on for a good 8 hours without feeling any discomfort. It comes with a little leatherette pouch and two sets of silicon ear fittings, one clear, one black color, both have small, medium and large sizes. I have quite a range of sound isolating headphones from the shure e3c, etymotic 6i, jbl, sennheiser, and these vibes. I think that the clarity of the highs of the shure and the etymotic cannot be surpassed. however, I kept changing, trying to find a set that would give me more bass until I finally found the sennheiser which was actually a cheap pair compared to the others but it is my preferred headset especially for flight. Would I use the vibes now that I use the iphone? Answer is, yes. It comes pretty close sound quality-wise and I would recommend it. Mind you, I also bought an iphone adaptor so i do have the choice to use whichever headset i wished but yes, I have decided to give this set a try. The seal on my ear for sound isolation is quite good even with movement while i was sleeping and or moving my head through the flight. The wires used are very similar to the wire used on the jbl sound isolating headphone set, feels like some kind oI fabric covered wire. I bought it at the apple store in SFO for $99.00 plus tax. fyi. Initial feedback is a thumbs up! Hope this helps. Sorry but haven't used it to make phone calls yet.

17. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

Thanks for the review alhuang1. It's good to know that you have other earphones to compare it to as well. I will be getting this earphones for my iPhone as well, but I will still use my triports when Im using my iPod.

Haven't used vibes before, but I guess they're a lot better than the stock iPhone buds.

18. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

19. ninocaruncho

ninocaruncho Member

To those looking for an iPhone earphone adapter so you can use your existing earphones I found a shop in virra called iStudio that sells them. Brand is ifrogz. Steeply priced tho at P900 but if you need one....

20. kcirecarg718

anyone here where can i find this one? i think this is good

[​IMG]