De-Authorize Computer for iTunes account

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by suavegabe, Dec 7, 2009.

1. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

is there a way to manage the computers authorized for my iTunes account? i currently have 5 out of 5 computers authorized in my iTunes account already and i no longer have access to the other computers (destroyed by ondoy or already sold).

2. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

In iTunes, try Store > Deauthorize Computer...

3. Justin_

Justin_ Active Member

1. Open iTunes.
    2. Choose Store > Deauthorize Computer (In earlier versions of iTunes, access this option from the Advanced menu).
    3. Select "Deauthorize Computer for Apple Account" and enter your Apple ID and password.

4. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

but won't this deauthorize the computer that i am CURRENTLY using? i want to deauthorize my OTHER computers that are not with me any longer.

5. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

What I did was I emailed Apple Customer Support and asked them to deauthorize my other computers as I no longer have access to them.

6. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

^hmmm. will have to try that one. thanks.

7. koobi

koobi Member

8. Justin_

Justin_ Active Member

9. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

as i said before, the computers i want to deauthorize are NO LONGER WITH ME for whatever reason.

anyway i might just try out the email-apple-support method or maybe the deauthorize-all-accounts method.

10. Justin_

Justin_ Active Member

ah, missed that part from your original post, was pretty groggy and still am now, sorry.

11. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@suavegabe: I believe there's an option for you to deauthorize all the computers in your account once, you are at 4 or 5 of the 5 computers that you are allowed.

Once you do this, you can simply reauthorize each computer that you actually own/use. This was what I did a few years ago when I reached my limit and needed to authorize a new computer. I had authorized several computers, many of which I had no longer owned/used.

Really quick and simple. Reauthorizing a computer takes less than a minute and all you need to do is login with your AppleID/email and enter your passcode.

12. IronMan

IronMan Member

There's a Deauthorize All button somewhere in iTunes. It's stated in the link posted on the first page.

Take note that you can only do this once per year. I'm not sure if that limit has been lifted.

13. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

just did the deauthorize all computers. thanks for all the suggestions. i just wish that there was an interface where we can view all the computers and deauthorize them one at a time. ;)

14. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Can't deauthorize since I dont have an iTunes account. I have a Shuffle but can't load any music using my macbook kasi naka sync sya sa mini ko. any thought.

15. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

you can only use an ipod shuffle with one computer at a time. you have to erase all existings songs in it if you want to use it in another computer.

16. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Thanks. That's what I figured out. Erasing all the contents.