DC Extended Universe (DCEU)

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by leninmac, Aug 23, 2020.

1. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Probably Yalan Gur? He was Green Lantern of Sector 2814 thousands of years ago.
    Yalun_Gur.jpg

#61 leninmac, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. leninmac

If you're s Snyder fan you'll probably love it, if you hate Snyder's previous films then you'll hate it. Zack Snyder has a unique visual style and storytelling that's very divisive. In my case he's a hit and miss, I like Watchmen and Man of Steel, I hate Sucker Punch and BVS.

macdiver likes this.
  3. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

BvS “sucked” because of Eisenberg and it probably needs a Snyder cut treatment.

Even MoS deserves a Snyder cut treatment too, tbh.

4. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. Never liked Snyder's filmmaking style and storytelling choices I like some of his visuals though...

5. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

I like his style. I liked Watchmen, 300, & even BVS & Sucker Punch. Didn't like MOS that much though. Excited for his version of this movie! What time would it be shown in our time zone? 12nn? 1pm?

Sunil_K likes this.
  6. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Every movie needs an Eisenberg Cut.

Cut Eisenberg out of every movie he is in, and the film suddenly becomes 50% better.

Sunil_K and arkaell like this.
  7. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

The Zach Snyder's Justice League has been getting too much hype.

Sure... it's supposed to be better than the Justice League that we saw at the cinemas, but if we base it on his track record... it's not looking good. His MoS failed to take-off as "the" Superman movie of this generation. And his BvS movie didn't really feel epic... with it's poor script and crummy editing. I dunno. Somehow, MoS and BvS both lacked fluidity.

And Eisenberg, and his acting... uuuugh.. never mind.

And based on the trailers, I expect the soundtrack to be bad... maybe even worse than the scoring of BvS.

And... I'm afraid we'll be seeing more cringeworthy scenes like this.
    [​IMG]

Still... I'll be watching it. The 4 hour movie is supposed to plug the holes of MoS and BvS. Maybe I'm just being overly protective with the "Superfriends" of my childhood.

#67 macdiver, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Godfather and Sunil_K like this.
  8. fcdiesta

Early reviewers are actually saying it has a much better soundtrack than the theatrical cut. The original film understandably had an identity crisis of sorts because Whedon brought in his choice of scorer in Danny Elfman to work with Junkie XL late in production...

I know what you mean. Superman's Jewish creators (Siegel and Shuster) were probably rolling in their graves with all the Christ-like symbolisms Snyder put into his movies...

#68 fcdiesta, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Godfather, Sunil_K and macdiver like this.
  9. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

Where did Snyder say this?

10. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

You mean the violence and senseless destruction?

11. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I accidentally pressed my HBO Go instead of my HBO Max app, and look what turned up. It’s also showing on HBO Go.

1D618174-5AE2-4D7E-AD46-F231B25D2CEA.png
    7131C824-1304-4AB0-8A26-CD242A63C1B9.png

12. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

Just from the fact that he is now able to direct the unabridged version of the movie... the way he intended it to be. He should be able to tell his story in this movie.

I hope so. BvS already had the MoS tracks by Hans Zimmer and that distinct WW guitar riff, but somehow, the scoring lacked the depth and the masterful buildup of... let's say, the classic John Williams movie soundtracks.

It's not just about the main theme (although I wish I could see Henry Cavill fly as Superman with the John Williams Superman Main Theme at the background)... But it didn't have the different arrangements, progressions, and buildups of a John Williams' scoring. A John Williams scoring tells a story within a movie. In contrast, BvS soundtrack failed to mesh and enhance the already flawed storyline.

In the Doomsday fight scene... it started well with the intro of the WW guitar riff... then it went pffft with that unfamiliar and uninspired melodramatic tune that scored the death of Superman. Talk about being anticlimactic. That scene deserves a better scoring.

Snyder wanted a God-like creature for his Superman... it is not even an undertone.

* The importance of having an identifiable soundtrack that binds the characters and the story of the movie together... (Skip to 21:09 mark.)

#72 macdiver, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    fcdiesta likes this.
  13. fcdiesta

Not really. I'm okay with that. It's his appropriation of religious imagery/symbols to a comic book character. Sure, Supes' journey has some Messianic similarities with Jesus but to do it so literally on screen... It's just inappropriate in my opinion. You can suggest it but don't overemphasize it. Also his story choices (like the "Martha" moment, the "piss jar" scene, his version of Doomsday, etc.) are really laughable, although some of it is probably the scriptwriters' fault. But as a director, you have to know when a scene or scenario is not working and try to fix it before rolling the cameras...

macdiver and Godfather like this.
  14. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

So is it Mar 18 US time, then it's tomorrow pa for us?

15. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Zack Snyder Superman religious imagery? Whaat? Meron ba? Di ko napansin. Jesus Christ Superstar, este Superman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

macdiver and Sunil_K like this.
  16. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

yup reason why I am still not renew my HBO Max hehehe waiting for 3PM later

17. leninmac

Ediwow. Nauna pa yung unofficial version sa official version. Justice League Snydercut is now available online in glorious 1080p. Just do a Google search.

macdiver and Godfather like this.
  18. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

It’s already March 18 but maybe I need to wait for it to be March 18 in the US. All I see is this
    679E1DE5-1BD8-49FF-8E6E-FAE1E226D0B5.jpeg

Godfather and leninmac like this.
  19. leninmac

You can watch it now from the unofficial source. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    f*****r.

20. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Launched my HBO Go app and it;s just a blank screen. Looks like HBO's servers are full 'coz of ZSJL hehe