Cyerduck connection problem

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by teachertwish, May 28, 2008.

1. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

I'm trying my first attempt to make a website using iWeb and want to publish it online. I downloaded Cyberduck to help me upload the files hassle-free to the free web host site. I don't know what parent directories are nor how the other directories work that's why I thought of using this software. I followed instructions on how to connect to an ftp server, but connection always fails!

I though maybe the port is blocked by a firewall or something, so I tried troubleshooting by using a web-based ftp client (net2ftp.com) to upload my files. There, I successfully connected to my ftp server and uploaded files, but since the websites has limited upload capabilities, it didn't upload my source folder. :(

I need this Cyberduck to work. Please help. :redface:

2. dBAGZiq

dBAGZiq Member

what does it say when you try to open a connection?

3. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

It says:

Network Error: Connection Failed

Connection Refused

4. opd

opd Active Member

i dropped down to an earlier version 2.8.3 and am able to connect again flawlessly.