Credit Cards

Discussion in 'General OT' started by rdy0329, May 20, 2015.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

That was what I've been saying. No need to have a Paypal acct btw, they are also a payment processor for other website so maybe its was during one of her online shopping spree.

They're adjusting their card tiers methinks. Previously, the PremierMiles Card was really hard to get + it's their top-tier card along with their Platinum Card but since the launch of Prestige, PM has been slowly downgraded in terms of limited Airport lounge access. Also, I think it's for the better. During peak travel period you can't even go in MIASCOR NAIA 3 due to "full" capacity for cardholders of different banks. Miascor might have raised their prices which forced Citi's hand to source it through third party (Dragonpass and Priority Pass).

The only upside is that you can now use it at any supported lounge outside HK and PH.

2. b0gni

b0gni Member

Just checked, Citibank Premiermiles points aren't convertible to Mabuhay Miles. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing - Citibank hotline mentions this is permanent, while a friend working in Citibank said that this is temporary. Hoping it's the latter since I prefer to convert my points to mabuhay miles.

3. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

yeah..this is super annoying as i've been using the premier miles for only this purpose. i hope it gets resolved.

4. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

I received this SMS from Citibank

====

It's back! Enjoy as much as 5% cash rebate when you use your Citi credit card for your foreign currency spend here, abroad, or online! Get a 3% rebate for a min accumulated spend of P50,000. You can also get a 5% rebate if your min. accumulated spend reaches P 1 Million. Max rebate:p50,000. Purchases must be billed in foreign currency from 11/20/19-1/19/20. T&C apply.See www.citibank.com.ph/OS14-A for info.DTI21561S19. Stop msgs: https://citi.asia/optout

====

I looked at my Citibank SOA and saw that the "foreign transaction fee" is up to 3.525%

Would this mean the effective interest rate will be ~0.525%?

BPI SOA states that foreign currency conversion is 0.85% + 1% assessment fee.

So does this mean that Citibank will be cheaper from 11/20/19-1/19/20?

I am looking to spend about $2,799.

5. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Also, is there a credit card that extends the warranty of a purchase? Like say 1 year Apple warranty then additional 2 years from credit card warranty?

6. king64

king64 Active Member

No advise whatsoever. Stopped using the card for this reason.