Credit Cards

Discussion in 'General OT' started by rdy0329, May 20, 2015.

1. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

does anyone here know how one can get off cmap's list? or even determine if one's in the cmap database?

thanks in advance!

2. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

I am assuming you are talking about the negative list submitted for delinquent cardholders.

It's a bit tough. You have to know which credit card company reported the account. Some people carry multiple cards. Credit card companies may issue you are clearance from an account after a settlement but not necessarily taking an active hand taking someone from the list not unless specifically requested.

I used to work for one and can sympathize with some.

HTH!

3. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply :)

4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Sorry for the OT...

Don't you just find it annoying that it's almost impossible to talk to a (credit card) "phone banker" (I'm using BPI)...

Everytime I call for an inquiry, I will need almost 10 minutes for go through the menus and another 10 mins (minimum wait) for a phone banker!

And I'm calling their overseas number!

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Happened to me while i'm away too. I was asking for a replacement that didn't arrive despite their "yes, it will be replaced and sent to your location within 24 hours", it took several days of calling overseas. One week later, I still didn't have a replacement, and Visa themselves apologised and sent me a replacement, and said they will sort it out with my bank.

6. ice

^I sometimes find it strange that our BPO industry is so big yet our local companies doesn't seem to have enough manpower for their call centers...

7. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

@ice and @Juice , just curious, why were you calling their overseas number for a query or a card replacement. Am not a BPI client and just interested to know what happened. I am a Citi client and they don't have an Int'l Toll Free number. Crazy it seems since they have a travel lifestyle card - Premiermiles Visa. Hehe.

8. ice

@Sabonis

BPI doesn't have an international toll free number :( I was calling +632-8910000 (as stated at the back of my credit card)... and the call will be around 25 minutes or more! (Thank you for choosing to wait, your call will be attended to as soon as a phone banker is available.)

There was a time when I needed to call them regarding an unauthorized purchase, another was to confirm my ticket purchase in another currency...

9. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

@ice I just noticed your location is Singapore. It's really a challenge for a lot of travellers. BDO i know has an international toll free number. Maybe time to get a new card? Hehe. Thanks for the reply.

10. ice

Well, BPI was ok... It was the best among my credit cards when I was still in Manila... Even if they gave the lowest credit limit!

Actually, service and offers/rewards are still ok. Credit limit has been acceptable... Only issue for me are (1) call center and (2) they never reply to emails

11. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

My lost card wasn't BPI or Citi. I checked my card details (copied the details in case I lose the card)and saw a toll free number. I called it, and it gave me a wrong number cause it only works in the Philippines. So, I had to call overseas and asked for help in getting a replacement card. I got the runaround, until I decided to call Visa in the US and told them my problem. They connected me to the Philippines(no charge), but the PH contact wasn't really helping. So I called VISA and they asked me all of my details, and sent me a replacement card within 24 hours, and said they will take care of everything else for me. The Visa replacement looked generic, and had the name "VISA" only and the numbers. It kinda looked fake, that's why whenever I used it, the cashier would scrutinise it. I was warned though that it wouldn't work once I returned to the Philippines. But it still worked until the expiration.

If you lose your card, call whatever credit card company it was(not your PH bank), either VISA, MASTER CARD or AMERICAN EXPRESS, it doesn't matter what bank. Call the local numbers or toll free in your location, they will help you as long as you know your details. Example if you are travelled in the US, call the US toll free number of the card. They will connect you to your local bank in the Philippines free of charge. If that doesn't work, tell the local representative your problem. they just might issue you a card themselves if it's taking too long.

#91 Juice, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    magnus likes this.
  12. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Access is great, promos are awesome, but I agree, their customer service is garbage.

Guess who won the battle of Waiting Time vs iPhone 6 Plus battery?

[​IMG]

bugs and iDarwin like this.
  13. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Still find BPI the easiest to deal with and contrary to what most of my friends say, they actually give me great credit.

For foreign banks id choose HSBC

14. quakercountry

quakercountry Member

has anyone tried to get in the terminal 3 lounge using their citbank premier miles since?

andyled likes this.
  15. b0gni

b0gni Member

As of June 02, 2016, was able to get in Sky View lounge NAIA 3 (for free) via Citibank Premiermiles.

quakercountry likes this.
  16. quakercountry

quakercountry Member

great news thanks!

17. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

i have waaay too many cards and should consolidate them into 2 or 3 at some point--six local ones and four US ones.... might have forgotten one or two, ha ha. i know, the membership fees pile up for the non-free ones, so i'll sit down one of these weekends to sort things out. funny thing is, i've zeroed out most of these cards (i try to close out all my balances every month), so i don't really need them.

my most useful cards: locally, i use the unionbank ones the most--good customer service, high credit limits. the BPI gold card proved useful when i applied for a visa to korea--until december this year, having a gold BPI card will give you a three-year multiple-entry visa without having to present financial documents. for US cards, the amex platinum (tied to my delta mileage account) gets me one extra bag free whenever i fly on delta, and priority boarding; the citibank card allows me to withdraw cash from ATMs anywhere in the world.

18. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

Yup. Used it at NAIA 3 too just recently and no problem. It's also still honored in Plaza Premium lounges abroad. Was able to use it to access the lounge Singapore last April and my wife was able to use it in Hong Kong last May.

19. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

When I make transactions certain credit card machines issue single receipts to sign while others two (bank copy & merchant copy) receipts to sign.

Is it based on the value of the transaction or type of business the merchant is doing?

20. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

I cannot make payments to eBay for an item located in the US via my credit card (BPI prepaid, International) as well as my Mom's (Petron BPI MasterCard). I cannot use my PayPal account to pay for it as well, even though my card is verified and they have deducted a fee from my prepaid credit for verification. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!