crackling sound in my Blackbook..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by cyrianagujo, Sep 12, 2009.

1. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

hi guys, im backing up my files right now because i noticed a crackling sound coming from the center of my blackbook, underneath the keyboard..it's just a soft crackling sound but i've been hearing it for two to three days now..could it be that my HDs nearing its death??:confused:

2. einjhel

einjhel Member

hi i think we have the same problem, may naririnig din me na crackling sound, eversince i bought my macbook pro last 2007, i hear it na, but super hina nito, i hear it only when there is absolutely no noise in the background, and my hard drive naman is ok, but last may 2009, pina repair ko yung logic board, and the guys at senco eventually replaced my hard drive too, kasi they say pabigay na rin daw, so my macbook pro has new hard drive since may 2009, but i still hear that low crackling sound when there is no noise in the background like when i first bought it, do i have to be concerned even though my hard drive was newly replaced only last may?

3. tynn

tynn Member

just trying baka makuha, insert a cd then ecjected it, baka lang hindi maganda pagka seat of your optical mechanical mechanism.... it happened to one of our clients... nakuha naman....

tynn

4. couch_potat0

couch_potat0 New Member

how would you characterize the crackling? and when does it specifically happen? if it comes from the center of the macbook black, then there is a chance that the sound might be emanating from the fan. check to see if its dirty or if pabigay na.. i had a noise problem in MBP too but i was able to localize it to the fan right away. It's gotta be worth checking out though. Bad fan= fried logic board. :(

5. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

thanks for the advice..i'll try it right away..

6. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

uhm a noob question, how do i check the fan without bringing it to a repair shop?kasi i'm really busy and if there's a way i could check it out myself then it would really be advantageous..yes it comes from the center of the keyboard..wala naman 'to dati and it only started recently..it happens i guess everytime i open it..it hasn't stopped ever since i noticed it..like einjhel, it's a constant low sound that becomes evident in really quiet sorroundings..

7. sparcs_17

sparcs_17 Member

i dunno if we have the same crackling sound.i was really bothered last night..mine sounded more like a drilling sound. :( i got really scared.noooooo!!!!!! if there's something wrong again with my mb, is it me or its the unit itself :((