Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

#Covidiot

2. Cmmig

Someone edited his Wikipedia page:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1182 Cmmig, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    lsalapare, raypin, Sir iAco and 2 others like this.
  3. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

4. jetan

5. jetan

6. Cmmig

Trending with Prince Charles:

[​IMG]

7. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

It's the innate sense of entitlement endemic to Philippine politicians. They think of themselves as gods, stratospherically high above from us mere mortals. The problem is, it's a two-way street. The voters see them as gods too, that's why they keep voting for them. Those of us in the middle class who are infuriated by his actions, we make up a razor thin margin of the electorate. Wala rin mangyayari. Mark my words, he will be re-elected, elected to another position, perhaps VP or even president. Our indignation at his calloused actions are the faint whisper amidst the deafening roaring of the crowd.

I don't want this thread to turn political, but there has to be justice here. He should be made an example if this regime is really serious in asking the public to be honest about their medical conditions in this quarantine period. He should be arrested, if just to show the rest of us powerless mere mortals that actions have consequences and that utter disregard for the health and safety of our dwindling number of frontliners and doctors will not be tolerated.

MMC is the nearest hospital to our place. MMC had already been struggling and barely making do for the past week, and now someone with selfish intent and wanton disregard for the lives of the doctors, nurses and staff there, just virus-bombed the facilities. I really hope they were able to disinfect MMC in time.

lsalapare, manager, hitme64 and 6 others like this.
  9. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

This idiot senator koko pimentel should be thrown inside taal volcano's crater :mad::mad::mad:

Kingmaker and Godfather like this.
  10. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    He must really have a thick-face. Any right-minded, morally upright, decent person will be so ashamed of this incident that he will immediately resign his position to prove that he's unworthy of it. Delicadeza is a lost virtue.

hitme64, Sunil_K, Kingmaker and 3 others like this.
  11. jetan

12. amg99

amg99 Active Member

Magpapa-test kaya sila?
    Yap.jpg

raypin likes this.
  13. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

“I'm sorry that this happened. Farthest from my mind ‘yun. I am an expectant father, sinamahan ko 'yung (I accompanied my) wife ko who was supposed to give birth without finding na positive po ako (that I am positive,)” Pimentel told CNN Philippines’ News Night."

That wasn't an apology at all.

Godfather, Juice, jetan and 2 others like this.
  14. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

X marks the spot of COVIDIOT (Koko) Pimentel and the firing squad will shoot the X.
    Preparen, apunten, fuego!

Cutting a Link in the Chain of Transmission
    nytimes.com
    A simple tree diagram shows how limiting contacts early might prevent many infections.

[​IMG]
    If each infected person spreads the coronavirus to two other people, the chain of infections would grow exponentially.

#1194 Sir iAco, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Godfather, raypin and ZeroCool like this.
  15. Sir iAco

Supporter

#1195 Sir iAco, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Godfather and raypin like this.
  16. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

A lot has already been said about this, but I couldn’t go to bed tonight without getting this off my chest. I feel even more offended when I see Sen. Koko asking people to understand him as an excited, expectant father, who just forgot that he was risking the lives of dozens if not potentially hundreds of people by his grossly if not criminally irresponsible actions at Makati Med.

I have already had a friend—Dr. Raul Jara, my cardiologist—die on duty, alone and without the consolation of family nearby, because his patient had neglected to disclose her travel history. I do not know if that failure of admission was deliberate or not, but Koko’s failure certainly was, and it was even more indicative and damning than just a travel history.

It’s bad enough that he did this; it’s worse that we are being lied to, and expected to believe the lie, and to shrug this off.

In the most generous of situations, we might understand and even forgive him if it was truly his fatherly enthusiasm that led him to be so reckless; but how can there be forgiveness without any admission of fault or of guilt, indeed without any remorse, without disclosure of truth?

If we accept this, then Sen. Koko is not stupid, as the memes have been saying all night—we are, and we indeed deserve the leaders we get.

pels_17, Sunil_K, lsalapare and 16 others like this.
  17. Sir iAco

Supporter

Coronavirus crimes can be charged as acts of terrorism, Justice Department says

All of the nation's federal prosecutors have been notified about the policy
    msn.com

18. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Dr. Raul Jara was the father of my med school classmate, and he was a family friend. Sad day for the medical profession to lose a colleague.

Too many fellow doctors getting sick and dying. We are fighting an enemy we cannot fully grasp yet. We don't know when this will peak, much less, end.

Sunil_K, lsalapare, Godfather and 3 others like this.
  19. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

If enough voters can forgive Bong, Erap and Gloria. What more Koko?

Koko better pray some one else fucks up to redirect the people's anger towards them.

Joy is enjoying a breather because of the incident at MMC.

With Koko partying during the lockdown makes me wonder if all members of the Senate and Congress will become infected.

raypin and Theus like this.
  20. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

If there is any truth that the Pimentels already came from Cardinal Santos (where they were allegedly rejected), he went to Mkt Med knowing they will 'lie'.

Kingmaker and hitme64 like this.