Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

My relatives are doctors too. They're tired and drained like you said. One of them is a scientist at RITM. They haven't stopped working since the first sample came in. They're all using their own cash to purchase supplies.

Godfather and Cmmig like this.
  2. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. My parents are both doctors. My sister is a doctor. My wife is a doctor. We've been taking care of our family all while juggling our duties as doctors, taking care of complete strangers. It's difficult, but it's a calling. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. It's not even lucrative as a profession, but it's a calling.

"Whoever saves one life saves the world entire."
    -Oscar Schindler

Godfather, Ejaxene, Juice and 7 others like this.
  3. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Pass the message: Five steps to kicking out coronavirus

who.int

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Godfather likes this.
  4. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Now i know why these politicians wants to be tested first.. bunch of hyprocrites!

[​IMG]

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....no significant surge capacity being built by the government (field hospitals to at least accomodate the quarantine of mild cases suspected or otherwise).

In New York, the governor there says they need 35,000 respirators (mech vents) now if they are to avoid the Italy tragedy. Companies like GM are stepping in (by switching from car production to mech vents).

Godfather and Sir iAco like this.
  7. Sir iAco

Supporter

New York hospitals treating coronavirus patients with vitamin C
    nypost.com

Note well: Always ask your healthcare provider if a higher dose of vitamin C is good for you.

raypin likes this.
  8. raypin

mm...beyond the really bad optics and the wrong message, the emergency funds being prepared by the government may not be enough to feed just how many people are there in Luzon. If the ECQ is extended for another month, what happens?

Sir iAco and Godfather like this.
  9. Sir iAco

Supporter

Tesla CEO says bought ventilators in China for U.S
    reuters.com

California Governor Gavin Newsom on Tuesday said the state would receive 1,000 ventilators from Tesla as the United States braces to deal with an influx of patients infected by the coronavirus.

raypin likes this.
  10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My daughter said her stepfather-in-law started boarding up some of their windows and doors. She asked if there was a threat from people roaming the woods to rob or threaten homeowners. He said no. He’s boarding up because bears might break into homes. Because of the coronavirus lockdown in Virginia no one is now going out to leave scraps of food for bears, deer, chipmunks, squirrels and other forest denizens. Can’t have the critters raiding pantries though, and them are skilled thieves.

My daughter sighed in relief. She told us through video call she was expecting the emergence of another threat she was so afraid of: zombies. I told her she watches too much TWD and reruns of World War Z and Train to Busan.

Virginia has had 120 cases already and 2 deaths but all of them in Richmond. They’re more than 50 miles away from the center though.

11. isaak

isaak Active Member

^ Tell her to always go for the head;)

Godfather, Mykolant and hitme64 like this.
  12. raypin

Mm....go for the head? It is not going to work. Not when covid 19 breeds these really fast and atheletic zombies:

Godfather, isaak and hitme64 like this.
  13. Cmmig

March 18

Pimentel has fever of about 38 degrees Celsius. He says he also has a sore throat, but no difficulty breathing.

March 20

Pimentel tests for coronavirus.

March 24

At around 6 to 7 pm, Pimentel and wife Kathryna check in at the Makati Medical Hospital. Kathryna is due to give birth the following day, March 25. The Pimentels do not reach the delivery room

Pimentel says that at around 9 pm, the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine calls him to inform him of the positive test result.

"I told the OB even before I told my wife. Then I left her in the hospital. I never went inside the delivery room," Pimentel says.

:mad:

https://amp.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/255845-timeline-koko-pimentel-tests-positive-coronavirus

Godfather likes this.
  14. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Am not going to sweeten the proverbial sour pot but MF idiot had viral symptoms and still went with his wife to the hospital? What does it say about physical distancing from his very pregnant wife who is about to give birth? Or self-isolating himself which he has been doing when he got the chills and fever? Or that he was lucky to get tested at all and STILL had to break contamination protocols?

Muthafackin’ liar! While he’s been letting his balls do the talking, we’re in here at home PUMs and all and doing everything there is to do about following protocols. The bastard should be shot, no, that would be way easy and fast. Hey mathafacker, take a look at this and tell me are you feeling the love?
    01727DED-7F70-4A55-909E-D2DB95099D53.jpeg

Sunil_K, raypin, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  15. Cmmig

[​IMG]

16. raypin

Mm....omg. How irresponsible. :mad:

Sir iAco, Godfather and Cmmig like this.
  17. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

as of tonight. looks Italy will be the no. 1 this weekend

18. amg99

amg99 Active Member

Hindi kaya nila na-check ang temparature bago pinayagang pumasok?

Godfather likes this.
  19. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

What an idiot that Koko Pimentel is. What a friggin', callous, entitled idiot.

Kingmaker, Godfather and raypin like this.