Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....sorry to hear that. You should call ahead and confirm. Just bring her medical records with you on the way to the hospital in case you get flagged down.

Just her and whoever will be driving to minimize exposure.

2. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

I have several friends who are in the rice business. Milling nowadays is on a fast pace since demand for food such as rice is high. Plus, harvest time is just weeks away. We will have ample supply of rice for the days to come. Vietnam and Thai rice are very good. Local rice is inconsistent because its "durog" except for those milled in Nueva Ecija. What our local rice lacks in appearance makes it up in taste and aroma like dinorado and this is the variety where they don't mix it with low quality rice or imported rice.

3. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

An agri-supply store sa wet market near our place (sta. rosa) has that. Maybe you can try your neighborhood wet market. It might be cheaper there too.

raypin likes this.
  4. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

That's gonna be me as we don't want my dad to get exposed to hospital environment as well because he's not as cautious as we are. The chemo's going to last 6 hrs more or less, so I better devise a plan on where's the safest place for me to kill time. Though logically speaking, it's definitely inside the waiting room of the chemo ward, as hospitals are certainly one of the cleanest place to be in because it's regularly sanitized (I hope so) instead of me going out and looking for open establishment (if they're open, considering it's stricter in that area) where people go in and out randomly.

5. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I'd probably wait inside the car to avoid people walking around me

porkypork likes this.
  6. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

Govt should be the domain of those 65 or 70 years and below.

Experience is good to have but but in this pandemic it hinders the person to be open minded enough to consider more modern and effective methods.

Duterte's turning 75 on the 28th. His ramblings during his press cons shows a leader past his bed time.

Kingmaker and dasaint like this.
  7. raypin

mm...my dad had colorectal surgery because of cancer. The chemo was painful for him but he completed the course. He survived that C and it never came back for at least 25 years. Another C in the nasopharyngeal area surfaced. He refused chemo and just underwent tomotherapy (radiation). Kumalat. 3 years of suffering.

Kingmaker, Godfather and porkypork like this.
  8. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Each time we listen to him rambling incoherently, let’s ask ourselves: is THAT the best guy in the country to be making the decisions for us during this crisis?

9. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Criticize all you want but seriously, who in this present Earth had the best solution for this crisis. Everybody improvise as they go. We think we know better but if you’ve had information like our government officials do I’d wonder how any of you’d think to solve this.

What I see is a guy who can’t have enough sleep because the country that he’s the President of is close to doomed if more are hard-headed and know-it-all and think there’s something else that should be a priority.

I’d still like to see helpful information here than kuro2x political criticisms. Much like offer what could have practically been better...like that 1M spray drone when they could have just paid people on the ground to spray - more effective per pesos you spend.

Come on guys.

10. raypin

Mm...in Vietnam, they use manual sprayers so they can cover every nook and cranny of a neighborhood. The drone sprayer is used for commercial, large area spraying on farmlands. Not sure if the drone can just as effectively cover an urban area. We have an unemployment problem. Drones eliminate human labor. From an employment perspective, use the unemployed to do the disinfection. Train them, deploy them but provide them with ppe. Hitting two birds with one stone. So, yeah...I agree.

Mykolant likes this.
  11. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

so anyone here who has a quarantine pass already? Relatives in Pangasinan & Cagayan have 1 for each household, from Barangay hall. Haven’t heard of any issuance in our Barangay.

12. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

I rather have Duterte at 40 than 75. ;)

He does reflect habit, values, nature, priorities, insights and wishes of a significant block of Filipino voters.

13. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

What does the coronavirus do to your body? Everything to know about the infection process
    A visual guide of coronavirus infection, symptoms of COVID-19 and the effects of the virus inside the body, in graphics

usatoday.com

amg99 likes this.
  14. raypin

Kingmaker, Godfather and Sir iAco like this.
  15. Sir iAco

Supporter

16. Sir iAco

Supporter

Coronavirus in NY: Cuomo orders lockdown, shuts down non-essential businesses
    nypost.com

[​IMG]
    An empty Times Square is seen on the street following the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in New York City, U.S., March 18, 2020. REUTERS/Jeenah Moon

Godfather likes this.
  17. raypin

mm........glad he did. Same as L.A. The other big cities will follow their lead. It is out of Ackman’s playbook. Shut down USA before it is too late. Trump is unwilling to act so the state governors and mayors are making individual decisions to do what is right to protect their people.

Trump’s reelection chance is going down. I hope the American people make him a one-termer.

#1057 raypin, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Sunil_K, Mykolant and Sir iAco like this.
  18. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

In Vietnam, there is a dish common people like including me called Com Tam which mean broken rice. Remember after the war they had no choice but to eat whole grain or not. Now it has a following that some QSR chains in Vietnam serve broken rice or durog an bigsas.

raypin likes this.
  19. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

This is also maybe why Iran, who also practices cheek kissing among men, has a lot of cases.[

20. Sir iAco

Supporter

Before Virus Outbreak, a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded
    nytimes.com

But the problems were larger than bureaucratic snags. The United States, the organizers realized, did not have the means to quickly manufacture more essential medical equipment, supplies or medicines, including antiviral medications, needles, syringes, N95 respirators and ventilators, the agency concluded.

Interesting read. In hindsight, the U.S. would have been ahead of the curve. But woulda, coulda, shoulda don't count.

Kingmaker likes this.