Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

If there are fewer filed reports then it is true that crime is decreasing.

Answer of a lawyer/politician. ;)

Remember Typhoon Yolanda and the looting there after. Kawawa kapitalista they need to give salaries for no work and receive no revenue from closed business.

Godfather likes this.
  2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

244k as of today

3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Akin to lotting, thievery and robbery is still rampant among the more disreputable personalities of Metro Manila. Though crime rates have dramatically fallen, says the PNP, few pockets of self-absorbed dimwits continue to ply their craft even with people staying inside their homes. Their targets have been private cars in private parking spaces, especially in condos, and empty houses where occupants have gone back to the province. Fortunately, my empty house in a suburban QC subdivision near a quarantined barangay remains an eyesore to would-be thieves. Not only is it unkempt and completely empty, it has this tarpaulin out front with the words: LICENSED GUN HOLDER. WILL SHOOT TO KILL TRESPASSERS. Never had a problem for the past four years now. But our condo complex in Pasig had just registered its third robbery incident, a room previously occupied by Chinese POGO workers who were sent home without bringing their things. Apparently that kind of incident screams inside job so management should fire the current security provider.

Learned also last night that my classmate who is still in a coma after the helicopter crash was tested for COVID19 after exhibiting high fever and difficulty in breathing. Obviously if not the coronavirus, he is a perfect candidate for hospital-acquired pneumonia which is just a step towards the deadly virus. I can only imagine the pain and anxiety experienced by his family now that more danger is in the midst, in the same way we are also guarded and anxious over developments at Veterans Memorial where my father remains in ICU. Right now, there are 10 more PUIs added to the 4 yesterday in the said hospital. I’m told that after my father’s skin surgery he may have to be moved to a recovery ward because of the need to use the ICU for coronavirus patients.

Sunil_K, wulf, Godfather and 3 others like this.
  4. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Oh, gosh. I feel you, man. It's a terrible time.

Stay healthy and i hope your father and your friend heals soon.

hitme64 likes this.
  5. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

My tennis buddies always play in the morning despite calls for self quarantine. They reason, "wala pa naman dito sa atin ang virus" and I also heard this from an elderly lady this morning in the grocery who was castigated for not wearing a mask. This kind of stupid thinking spells trouble for everybody. Most of all, this line of thinking and attitude should be reprimanded. To be honest, we will be in a lot of trouble because the "culture of complacency" among us is dangerous.

6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^That’s why this motto is timely for all those who don’t give a shit about it:

“PLEASE Stay At Home. OR You Can Stay With Us.” - St. Peter’s Memorial Life.

Mykolant, Sir iAco, gaol and 4 others like this.
  7. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with you sir. Just like your examples about people not caring about others and being exposed to the virus later on. Yes, definitely the less fortunate will get infected because they need to survive. My cousin sent some relief goods to me and I will give it to those who need it the most. We can do our share so that these workers will not be at risk and I hope we will have resources to help. But, those people who are "walang pakialam" are the ones we should look after. Sarap kutusan!

hitme64 and Godfather like this.
  8. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

raypin likes this.
  9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....I ve read of some reports of delivery trucks carrying groceries are being blocked or delayed by checkpoints. Why? Nobody knows why. Every minute of delay in the delivery of essential goods will only lead to shortages. Recipe for more chaos.

I ve been asking my go to grocery (small independent) about their supply situation. It is still normal. I usually source my food from the public markets specially veggies, fruits and seafood. I can no longer do that so my go to small grocery does the palengke for me (includes free delivery). As of today, veggie supply nagkakaubusan na. More people eating vegetables? Supply trucks being held by checkpoints? Is there a vegetable calamity situation we don’t know about?

10. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

Nograles (national govt) said cargo are allowed entry especially for food.

LGU have autonomy so they enact their own ordinances.

DILG should provide cargo & food companies a hotline to report these sort of issues.

They aren't in sync.

If they dont get their act together expect looting as people are hungry.

catalysmic, Godfather and raypin like this.
  11. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Perhaps our national leader being a LGU head for decades still thinks like an LGU head.
    "I am a mayor I know what's best for my area so the national government don't meddle with me"
    So instead of coming up with a solution that is national in scope, it's more like ok this is the general idea guys bahal na kayo how to do it
    Hence the hodge-podge of policies

wulf, Godfather and raypin like this.
  12. raypin

13. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

It's a good thing I renewed my LTOPF (License to Own and Possess Firearms) last November, and also finished renewing all my gun registrations earlier this year. Also bought bullets last year from the gun shows. I've also gone to the range a couple of times in the past months for practice.

Really hope none of these will be deemed necessary.

Mykolant, kyubi, jlconferido and 2 others like this.
  14. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

(my personal opinion)

China is advanced
    China has funds
    China is a communist country - my friends from China told me that if a doctor or nurse left during the time of the outbreak, his/her entire family would loose their jobs (parents and siblings included).

now imagine how a developing country's health care would handle things...

Mykolant and kyubi like this.
  15. raypin

Mm...common sense prep.

The key here is food security. NFA has a buffer stock good for 78 days as of mid-February. With the rice tarrification bill passed last year , private rice importers and traders have been supplying much of the country's rice requirement. What is their buffer stock? And so far no disruption in the rice supply chain (imports from Vietnam and Thailand). Keep the people fed with staples and we avoid chaos.

We are still far off from armagedon.

Mm...there is a competing model that is working. South Korea's less stringent "lockdown". Their numbers are way down. From what I understand, their citizens are taking their government's advice to stay at home. Obedient sila. No need for more coercive measures.

#1035 raypin, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  16. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

I think each country's is a model of their own and until this subsides we could not yet tell which country handled the situation better. Each is unique as foremost the citizens.

PH? Mix of China (with regards to people disobedience?) and S.Korea?

We will see.

17. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

18. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Anybody here experienced going to St. Luke's QC from the time that the quarantine became effective? We'd love to avoid the hospital but my mom's first chemo session should start by the first week of April, and we can't delay it. We're actually quite saddened because before the first session, we need to have her hair shaved and get her some headpiece to cover her head with.

Her oncologist says it's business as usual and we should have no problems as long as we practice proper distancing and hygiene.

19. raypin

Mm...are vets/pet clinics exempted? Running low on supplies including heart guard for my furkid. She is healthy for now but if there is a medical emergency, paano yan?

20. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member