Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

This thread is a lifeline, bruised egos and petty bantering aside, I have kept this tread open in my browser lately. When real data is put in, combined with "real life experience" scenarios, we all get to see the big picture. Please keep this thread open, but let us keep the discussions civil and based on facts.

Ghibli, Theus, SE20 and 1 other person like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m now on self-quarantine. Apparently, when you go to a hospital right now for a visit or a consultation, regardless of any presence of the symptoms of the coronavirus, you have to quarantine yourself at home. For your sake and the sake of everyone else in your family and community. That sucks because I can’t anymore visit my father. Only my mother and sister have full access and they, too, will go on self-quarantine if they leave the hospital. So they aren’t.

It’s how it is now whether we like it or not. You can go rogue if you want or have a death wish for yourself and everyone else around you. But that would make you more evil than the person that started this all.

gaol, shaft, Ghibli and 2 others like this.
  3. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Sir @hitme64 !

Sending you due respect, because you’re one of the Muggers that I like conversing with. Just to correct the statement, that when you go to the hospital right now for a visit or consultation, regardless of presence or absence of symptoms of the corona virus, and that you have to self quarantine at home, is still not the rule. Then that would mean all doctors and nurses that went to work yesterday have to stay home for the next 14 days? Not just yet :) But definitely a good option if you can do that, but not mandatory (yet). Im still going to work on a daily basis, seeing patients, taking the necessary precautions, but not yet staying home, and staying on the frontline. Some of our residents have been quarantined, and our hospital, regardless of your specialty, will have moves that if the Emergency Department or IM department face depleted staff, next man up will be enforced. Stay healthy, guys!:)

Add: Of course, age, health situations, and other factors make it more advisable to do self quarantine, and that is fine (y)

gaol, Ghibli and hitme64 like this.
  4. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

0FAE0720-F347-4E2C-8781-082215D26C20.jpeg

Maybe sir @hitme64 can verify this?

Hoping your father gets well soon too sir.

hitme64 likes this.
  5. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, docjbr is right. Am scheduled to see my cardiologist this afternoon at SLMC BGC, and my wife, who's a consultant there, would never allow that if it meant I'd have to stay put for the next two weeks. She's been going to work and coming home regularly in spite of the option of working from home (which she can do as a radiologist) because the medical staff is so depleted.

docjbr likes this.
  6. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

I would prefer that the mods leave this thread open as it is a good resource for us Muggers who live outside the Philippines and would like to view the inputs of people that I have come to know and respect in this humble group, and also to keep us abreast of the latest goings-on in and viewpoints of those in our home country.

Mykolant, ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  7. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

@hitme64 I’m sorry to hear that and praying for your Dad’s speedy recovery po sir and to your family.

hitme64 likes this.
  8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

@hitme64 Sorry to hear about your father, Chief. We lost my grandma last year late November to pneumonia. She was the one who raised me. It was tough to see someone you love go through that. I was there by her bedside everyday. And yet I still regret the many things left unsaid.

hitme64 likes this.
  9. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Of course, we acknowledge this thread's usefulness. Worst-case, it may have only been shut down for a short, cooling period, if only to send the "you don't know what you've got until you lose it" message, perhaps. I certainly couldn't pull the trigger after seeing hitme's post.

That said, there may be comfort in hearing from Tom Hanks?

Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!
    Hanx!​

Mykolant, bacchus_3, leninmac and 2 others like this.
  10. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

#690 ransom, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    raypin, hitme64 and Godfather like this.
  11. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

It won't be a lockdown it will be called week-long work holiday.

vtf and hitme64 like this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks Doc! I’m going on self-quarantine whether my wife likes it or not. Gives new meaning to outside the kulambo tonight ;) Besides, the NBA suspended the season so that leaves me quite sad I don’t have anything to watch anymore aside from streamers. :(

Mykolant, Quest4dgoodlife and docjbr like this.
  13. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

raypin and Theus like this.
  14. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

Hope everything goes well for your parents @hitme64. I also have octogenarian parents I'm very concerned about. They're ok and symptom free at the moment and would like to keep them that way. I would also like to confirm that as an anesthesiologist practicing South of the metro(Cavite), no mandatory self-quarantine protocols have been implemented for hospital visitors/in-patients/OPD patients. We are starting to limit visitors/companions to one, asymptomatic person per patient and that they stay with the patient for the duration of their hospital stay. Triage tents will also be set up outside of the ER to handle probable Covid19 cases.

hitme64 likes this.
  15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope things get better soon, and that you’d be able to spend time with your Dad soon, and that he recovers well :)

hitme64 likes this.
  16. isaak

isaak Active Member

I hope this thread doesn't get shutdown. Condescension and useless intellectual masturbation aside, it's really been helpful.

docjbr and Theus like this.
  17. R-T

R-T Active Member

the dumbest thing ive read for today.

ps.
    your half and half mixture of alcohol and water is dumb as well

Ghibli likes this.
  18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

#698 raypin, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  19. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Watchout for malfunctioning IR thermometers
    upload_2020-3-12_11-2-44.png

Attached Files:

20. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Praying and hoping for your Dad's complete and speedy recovery, sir @hitme64

hitme64 likes this.