Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

With GCQ, restaurants, salons, spas, gyms, and hotel staycations will now be allowed again, right? Hmm, good luck in lowering today's 22k new cases.

2. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm...

Many of these deaths are not even due to COVID.

I have heard so many verified stories that the hospital and the kins of those who died agreed to declare the cause death as COVID.

The hospital gets payment from PhilHealth, no payment needed for the relatives.

Win win situation.

Whatever the quarantine classification, there will always be sides that will be affected, or complain.

#4282 macjobber, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm…no one dies of covid. People die of complications caused by the covid 19 virus. Immediate cause of death is not covid but others like sepsis, multiple organ failure etc. Covid would be the underlying cause of death (what initiated the train of events that eventually led to the fatal outcome). There is also contributing cause of death. Examine a PH death certificate. Those details are supposed to be there as determined by the attending physician or the city heath doctor (if the deceased died at home).

I do not know of the extent of irregularities committed by hospitals re: Philhealth claims. I m sure those allegations are not new. But to use that allegations as an excuse to DOWNPLAY the seriousness of the pandemic is STUPID. Millions have already died in all 200 countries and to attribute that to some global conspiracy to sell a fake pandemic to the public by misclassifying deaths is unbelievably stupid.

#4283 raypin, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

GCQ ver 2.0 they're doing it again

5. jetan

not this time. they have another version of GCQ. tomorrow they will announce it.

6. jetan

[​IMG]

it's stalled

7. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Lost another uncle to Covid-19

how many more of our families should die before this ends

raypin likes this.
  8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I've been hearing about this since late last year.

9. ice

10. ice

sorry for the OT. is it a holiday tomorrow? I really need a haircut and a massage!

11. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

is it? ano po holiday tomorrow?

12. ice

13. macjobber

Special WORKING holiday e

14. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Tayo na yata ang may pinaka maraming klase ng lockdown at quarantine sa buong mundo.

In case you were wondering (because I was)...

What’s a granular lockdown again and how is it different this time?

Basically, COVID-19 hotspots in NCR will be locked down while the rest of Metro Manila is under a more lax general community quarantine

I still don't get how this will keep the exploding infection numbers down, but hey... granular, yo.

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  15. ice

^honestly, its the weirdest/silliest thing I've heard my entire life. similar to a special working holiday!

so if a condominium has 3 buildings, and Bldg A has XXX number of cases, will LGU lockdown the entire condo? or just building A?
    if all buildings have high cases, will the LGU also lock down the convenience stores/malls connected to these condos? (if applicable)

IMO, some countries have decided to live with the virus. I'm sure that's how our country will look like in the future, but we can't go there yet as our hospitals and quarantine facilities are full

16. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

From Tiny Bubbles to Granules... we skipped Pearly Shells. :LOL::p:rolleyes:

Godfather likes this.
  17. macjobber

I think the best approach should be per unit in condominiums since we we seldom see our neighbors.

If multiple units at one floor, it should be per floor.

So, if you are an APOR, better have an alternative option for a place to stay in :)

18. ice

Metro Manila under GCQ ‘with heightened restrictions,’ MMDA clarifies | Inquirer

19. ice

Cuba starts vaccinations for toddlers amid a devastating surge in COVID-19 cases in the country | Insider

20. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

That's a sweeping generalization. Conspiring to commit fraud by both the attending physician, the patient, and the hospital itself. The risk is far too great with little benefit. Considering these claims need to be substantiated with chart reviews which contains the diagnostic data, doctors orders, etc. of the expired patient, it's difficult to fabricate or alter clinical data to simply corroborate and declare one's death as COVID as too many variables that needs to be modified and people to involve for it to happen.

On the contrary, I suspect the number of COVID deaths with in the country are even under-reported. With the current 2.1 Million cases, having only a measly number of 34,000 for its number of COVID deaths does not commensurate with the magnitude of infections and the virulence of the virus. Furthermore, the positivity rate has been hovering 25% for the past few days indicating there is ongoing high transmission in the community, and testing needs to be ramped to account for these infections. Sadly, without a coherent and effective mass testing and contract tracing mechanisms in place, the number of infections will simply accelerate unabated and underestimated.

Lastly, there is actually an incentive NOT to categorize a death due to COVID for funeral purposes, to allow the family of the deceased to have their time to say their goodbyes personally prior to the cremation or burial as rules are more relaxed for non-COVID deaths. Otherwise, if the deceased was a confirmed or suspected COVID victim, bodies are either expeditiously cremated if with a crematoria facility or buried, all within 12 hours as per the guidelines which means, the family may not be able view the bodies one last time.