Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...we just need 70% vaccination rate to really turn the tide. I just hope that we reach that goal by 2023 so true recovery including the economic one can take root. In the meantime, the govt should use the iron fist to suppress the anti-vaxxers. Mga salot sa lipunan. Walang silbi. Break a few heads to deter misinformation on a mass scale. If you do not want the jab, just stfu and keep your opinion to yourself. Lives are at stake.

wem272, Pupkin, Sir iAco and 2 others like this.
  2. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

Kung ako lang masusunod, hospitals should have every right to turn down these same people who refuse to get vaccinated.

jlconferido and raypin like this.
  3. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

The government should just consider intensifying their vaccine information drive more, to convince those who are hesitant to get the jab. No need to demonize them. My 2 cents.

4. shifty_md

That is easier said than done. I am not expecting much from this imbecile government.

5. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

Re: vaccination. I want to…. I really do. BUT may sipon ako ngayon from cleaning the storage room…..buhay nga naman.

I mean even if this is a standard issue flu or pneumo vaccine I don’t think it’s advisable for me to take a jab with a cold and runny white drippy nose, right?

sana pwede pa next week. I replied saying I still need to consult with my doctor (coz I’m on maintenance meds). Which is all true naman. I HOPE my jab goes to someone who needs it MORE than me right now.

Pupkin likes this.
  6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

DOH already has recommendation on use of CoronaVac on elderly – expert panel member | Inquirer

7. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

Si Kuya Willie pwede pa kasi 60 na sya - that’s the senior age, right? I don’t watch the show but I think he can push for it.

Eat Bulaga, like what I said, not sure if TVJ got jabs coz seniors na sila but since may political affiliations, they won’t make a deal of it. The younger cast….well, they should have a comorbidity which can be used as reason so it won’t look that they jumped the line.

How about the Tulfo brothers? I’m sure naturukan na yan ng sino kasi may distributorship yata sila nung vaccine. Ay conformed na pala na sinovac pala si mon before the EUA was approved. Nauna na sila ng kumpare nya.

Sina coco martin, kathniel, gerald, julia, etc., well they aren’t on the list yet so until their turn comes, we have to play our cards differently.

yeah, i am all for celebrity and influencer endorsement for Covid vaccination!

raypin likes this.
  8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Mon Tulfo earlier confirmed that he took the Sinopharm jab

As for the younger celebrities... as I said, normal people are starting to get it, so they can just say their number was called.

As for Kuya Willie and TVJ, I think the mases won't care which vaccine they took...

9. raypin

Mm…there is no public dissemination from the DOH. Info is there on their website but has anyone seen on TV or heard over the radio explaining the vaccines? There is a provision in the franchise license for TV or radio that reserves part of their airtime to public service announcement from the govt. Absent that, people are turning to socmed for info. A lot are false info. This is where the creative industry and entertainment industry can create watchable ads to educate the public and to counter misinformation. Blast it 24/7 in english and regional dialects.

Sir iAco, Pupkin and jlconferido like this.
  10. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

11. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

12. raypin

Mm…yeah we need one of those. Strong messaging from credible people. DOH has to do a lot more and sell the vaccines. No one really watches their press conference. Too much to digest. Boring. Not relatable. Watchable ads aired 24/7.

#2892 raypin, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Sir iAco, Pupkin and jlconferido like this.
  13. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

14. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

Sir iAco and jlconferido like this.
  15. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I also am pissed at the "I have a strong immune system" crowd and they think that old people are mostly vulnerable from Covid. It is this mentality that they base their narrative on that makes it one of the most dangerous ideas that other people believe in.

Nisroc88 and Sir iAco like this.
  16. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

Hi Muggers can somebody please send me some lead where can we find these medicine? Tocilizumab and Remdesivir for Severe covid-19 infection. My friend is in bad condition and badly needed those medicine. We already tried GLOBO ASIATICO but it’s currently out if stocks. Thank you

#2896 Pupkin, Apr 8, 2021
    jlconferido likes this.
  17. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

AstraZeneca Vaccine Faces New Setbacks in U.K. and European Union
    Britain said it would give alternative shots to people under 30, while the European regulator said it had found a ‘possible link’ with rare blood clots.

AstraZeneca Vaccine Faces Setbacks in U.K. and European Union - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    By Benjamin Mueller
    April 7, 2021

LONDON — Britain said on Wednesday that it would curb the use of AstraZeneca’s vaccine in adults under 30 because of the risk of rare blood clots, a blow to the efforts of scores of countries reliant on the vaccine to stamp out the coronavirus pandemic amid a global surge in cases.

Adding to the unease, the European Medicines Agency outlined a “possible link” between the vaccine and rare clots, even as it said that Covid-19 remained the far greater threat, leaving decisions about how to use the vaccine in the hands of the 27 member states of the European Union.

Taken together, the decisions represented a considerable setback for the AstraZeneca shot, which has been seen as the principal weapon in the battle to reduce deaths in the vaccine-starved global south.

The world’s most widely administered coronavirus vaccine, it is far less expensive and easier to store than some of the alternatives, spurring its use in at least 111 countries, rich and poor. AstraZeneca, based in Britain, has promised to deliver three billion doses this year, enough to inoculate nearly one in five people worldwide.

Britons under 30 will receive another vaccine if one is available, with limited exceptions, officials said. Until Wednesday, Britain had not wavered in its use of the homegrown vaccine, holding out even as many European neighbors paused injections over the unusual, though sometimes fatal clots.

But cases began to appear in Britain as well, and a consensus has since emerged among global regulators that the evidence points to a plausible link, as yet unexplained, between the vaccine and rare clots.

Amid a vicious wave of Covid-19 in Europe, the safety concerns have delayed inoculations, sunk confidence in the shot and created a patchwork of different policies across the continent. The most devastating effects of the safety scare, though, may yet fall on poorer nations entirely reliant on AstraZeneca’s vaccine.

The concerns have arisen even though the clots are exceedingly rare. As of Sunday, officials said, European regulators had received reports of 169 clots in the brain and 53 other clotting events, often combined with low platelets, among roughly 34 million people who had received the AstraZeneca vaccine across Europe.

Britain has purchased enough vaccines from multiple makers that the policy change on AstraZeneca should not significantly slow the pace of inoculations. But other countries are starved for doses. Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo have already delayed injections of AstraZeneca’s vaccine amid mounting concerns in Europe. Any further hesitation, scientists said, could cost lives.

[​IMG]
    Prime Minister Boris Johnson after receiving the first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine last month in London.Credit...Pool photo by Frank Augstein

“In developing countries, the dynamic is to either use the vaccine you have, or you have nothing,” said Penny Ward, a visiting professor in pharmaceutical medicine at King’s College London. “In which case, carnage ensues.”

For the vast majority of people, British and European regulators said on Wednesday, the benefits of AstraZeneca’s shot far outweigh the risks. The clotting problems were appearing at a rate of roughly one in 100,000 recipients across Europe. Meanwhile, in Britain, the vaccine has driven down hospitalizations from Covid-19 — which can, itself, cause serious clotting problems — and saved thousands of lives, regulators said.

[​IMG]
    The AstraZeneca vaccine during clinical trials last year in Oxford, England.Credit...Andrew Testa for The New York Times

British health officials estimated that the risk of being admitted to an intensive care unit for Covid-19 exceeded the dangers of the unusual blood clots in almost all age groups, and at almost every level of outbreak.

But because younger people are less likely to develop severe Covid-19, regulators said, any vaccine being given in that age group has to clear a higher safety bar. British data also suggest that younger people are more prone to the rare clots, making health officials there and in Europe warier about giving them the vaccine.

AstraZeneca Vaccine Faces Setbacks in U.K. and European Union - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

#2897 Sir iAco, Apr 8, 2021
  18. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

Got this from a Facebook group:
    Remdesivir from Camber-Hetero pharma:
    1. Pasig, Antipolo, Cainta, Bulacan, Zambales, Pampanga: Adel Devera 09171898825
    2. QC, Manda, San Juan, Ilocos, Baguio, Mt province, Abra, Aurora, Tugegarao, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Viscaya:
    PAULO AGUILAR 09177134985
    3. Manila, Caloocan, Maalabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, Cavite, Quezon province, MIMAROPA: KERWIN LEE 09759149545
    4. Pasay, Paranaque, Taguig, Makati, Muntinlupa, Batangas, Bicol: HAYDEE DUMO 09778041689
    5. Visayas: PETER APURADO 09171878823
    6. Mindanao: MARLON BLANTUCAS 09171878824​

Pupkin, Sir iAco, Cmmig and 1 other person like this.
  19. shifty_md

I sent you a private message.

Cmmig, Pupkin, Sir iAco and 2 others like this.
  20. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

DOH temporarily suspends the use of Astrazeneca vaccines among <60 years of age.
    JPEG12.jpg

It's unclear what would happen to those <60 years old who received the first dose if they are still slated to receive the scheduled second dose. The viber group I am in is currently exploding. I wonder up to how long can you maximally delay the second dose of AstraZeneca while maintaining its efficacy?

Sir iAco likes this.