Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

He already has a massive following on FB. Last time I checked, he already has 40 thousand followers. Let's do our part by reporting his page for spreading false health-related info.

Sir iAco, raypin and Pupkin like this.
  2. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

He's actually an anti-vaxxer and a troll. It is sad that there are people like him who are practicing that literally give false information to patients. And he also flaunts his DPT like he's the expert of everything, well in fact, the DPT degree is equivalent to the BS PT degree here in our country.

Sir iAco and raypin like this.
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm…that doctor but not a doctor of medicine belongs to the same crowd as the anchors of Fox News. Fake news all the time.

70FB2EE4-0C3F-4902-BD6E-4538507AC22A.jpeg

Di ko alam na siya ay doctor pala. Di ba puwede kasuhan to for prescribing medicine without a license? :cautious:

Per DOH, yung meds na yan is not approved for treatment of Covid 19 illness. It is hydrochloroquine revisited. Last year’s miracle drug and prophylaxis endorsed no less than by a President/doctor/fake news purveyor orange clown.

#2863 raypin, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  4. manager

manager Active Member

5. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

I've read that as part of the EUA for vaccines in the US, pharmaceutical companies are required to submit ongoing real-world trial data to the FDA and apparently, Pfizer's vaccine up to 90% is effective against the South African variant. Moderna is going to submit theirs this as well. AFAIK AstraZeneca and J&J's have had Phase 3 trials which involved the new variants and was done during the infection surge.

I hope Sinovac and Sinopharm will release detailed data on the efficacy of their vaccines against the newer variants of the virus.

While waiting for an opportunity to get vaccinated preferably with a western vaccine regardless of brand, I will stay at home as much as possible and strictly follow health protocols when I have to go out.

Sir iAco and raypin like this.
  6. shifty_md

Ahhhh, the textbook trapo Mike Defensor. Unfortunately, it is evident in the comment section of his FB posts that a lot of people still believe him.

7. mcarlos223

mcarlos223 Member

This was what I was hoping for when I got the opportunity to get the vaccine. Single shot, one-and-done.

Shinahashirome and manager like this.
  8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

End the hygiene theater, CDC says | Yahoo! News

Ghibli, Sir iAco and jlconferido like this.
  9. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

The recent surge of cases and deaths of friends who I know since childhood makes me a bit of a paranoid. 1 out of 10,000 eh? Good to know about this. I just hope people will not take this lightly and be complacent.

Sir iAco likes this.
  10. ice

11. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

Our local news stand their focus on the total number of infections. It almost like the media is waiting to hit the 1 Million mark and blames it all to the Government.
    New infections, New Deaths.
    But News about the importance of Vaccines and Why you should get Vaccinated with the vaccine that is available now and how to get one right now.
    debunking internet trolls that spread misinformation.
    keep wearing masks properly, stay socially distance and hygiene was becoming an afterthought news.
    Instead they become a platform for peer reviews, Naysayers medicine discoveries and aspiring former politicians that badly needed publicity.

#2871 Pupkin, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    roinuj88, jlconferido and macjobber like this.
  12. ice

*I'm not following any local celebrity in social media, so please correct me if I'm wrong*

I'm also wondering why I haven't seen any news about a local celebrity who received his/her first dose of Sinovac.

It will be a big boost to the undecided public if celebrities they see on local TV gets vaccinated.

jlconferido likes this.
  13. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

That is a problem with us now. Misinformation is what is really out there and not much solid facts that effectively reach people (in my opinion). I have a friend who is a doctor and quite vigilant about false information or alternative "facts". I am just dumbfounded by the way the anti-vaccine crowd forward their cause. There are groups that demonize doctors by saying that whatever illness you have it will be just be Covid-19. Hospitals prey on those who are infected and other non-sense. So where do you go now when you're sick? Definitely not in a supermarket. For me, this is the danger. A conjecture that is delivered confidently becomes believable. Last night, our former barangay captain died because of Covid-19. In our Viber group we have a friend, an optometrist, who works for the municipal health center does not believe in vaccines. I always counter his argument. Now, this question is always on my mind: Is discernment due to intelligence or good education, or both? You can read all the things out there but you can filter the facts from rubbish.

Sir iAco and shifty_md like this.
  14. ice

I wonder if DOH and FDA are doing their homework to see the (local) efficacy of Sinovac for health care workers.

If I remember correctly, first batch received their vaccines early March and they should have received the 2nd dose by now.

For us people in the "real world" who follow the minimum health protocol, that additional 50% protection by Sinovac will be ok until better vaccines arrives around end of this year.

First COVID-19 vaccine shot alone not protective: Chile study | Philstar

max_Moon likes this.
  15. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

ABS-CBN shows infomercial on the above subject before they air the evening news. I hope people watching would actually pay attention to it.

gaol likes this.
  16. ice

17. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

I would agree to this tactic…. But aside from Manila’s Mayor, not sure who else is on high profile and on priority list….. I mean, who’s that celebrity who cut the line and got bashed for it (mali naman kasi). Did Vico or his parents get vaccinated already? Senior sila so Astra yun. (But knowing Vico, he’ll probably place his parents at the bottom of the list OR keep low profile and not shout to high heavens that they’ve been vaccinated)

Did Duque get an Astra jab?

18. ice

No one needs to cut the queue to get vaccinated, I'm sure the average person has already registered with their local Gov't... and from FB alone, I can name at least 5 friends who already received their first dose (2 in QC, 3 in Manila)

19. shifty_md

It was Mark Anthony Fernandez, citing his depression as a co-morbidity and his indication to be vaccinated.

20. ice

I was thinking of a media personality who can be seen by the public daily...

like someone from Showtime/Eat Bulaga or ASAP?

Imagine if DOH announces the indefinite extension of "Brothers" (Ang Probinsyano) because Coco Martin has been vaccinated with Sinovac :ROFLMAO:

Or vaccinating Kuya Willie and allowing him to start accepting vaccinated live audiences again.

Was talking to my mom this morning and I was surprised that people from our nearby market had no plans to get vaccinated even if it was for free.

My wife had a weird conversation with her parents the other night as no one in their neighborhood signed up to be vaccinated...

#2880 ice, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021