Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Back to MECQ again. oh well our health workers should have some sort of shifting schedule and impossible that they're on a 24hr status.

2. wingatu

wingatu Active Member

I didn't expect this response from a Covid19 Team Leader frontliner.

[​IMG]

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...let me just add by saying that it is not just about the health and welfare of the medical frontliners that is at stake. Yes, it is their profession and yes they signed up for it but the lives of the serious and critical covid patients are also at stake. If the hospital system is overwhelmed, what happens to the patients? If they do not receive the care that is needed, their lives are jeopardized.

4. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

PVT Siriaco here to relieve you of your command, general hitme64.

[​IMG]

#2164 Sir iAco, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. Yvy

Yvy New Member

I think at this point, it's a pretty obvious fact that this government is NOT doing enough. If you don't see that, you are either a blind follower or just plain stupid.

If you look back at the beginning of this year, it was NOT the people who didn't immediately stop flights from China to PH. It was the dog president whose loyalty to China has fucked us all up.

You don't get to cry "I'm sick of people bla bla bla" when you don't have SHIT to prove that the situation here is getting better.

#2165 Yvy, Aug 4, 2020
    shifty_md and Sir iAco like this.
  6. raypin

Sir iAco likes this.
  7. jon1432000

jon1432000 Member

the contact tracing is really a challenge and i understand the paranoia, just imagine someone telling you this...

alam ko ang pangalan mo.
    alam ko ang bahay mo.
    alam ko kung san ka nagpunta...

so there it stands right now... blame it on the tokhang.
    we really have it bad

from marawi, to the typhoons, now we have frequent ipo-ipos, earthquakes, taal volcano eruption, and now this..

govt have prioritize ATL and now we prioritize the death penalty..wtf

yawa, nagka leche leche na, "GABA" ba ini?

8. airhootie

airhootie Active Member

This thread is becoming politicized from my view. Mods should step in. Again we should unite and not divide.

amieldh, fliptrix27 and Pupkin like this.
  9. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Q
    I sympathize with your frustrations. But I believe you need to channel that anger and direct it toward those who are chiefly to blame for the COVID mess our country is in. And it's not the armchair critics. They're annoying, but not the root of the problem.

pandecoco, Yvy, isaak and 4 others like this.
  10. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

A friend of mine was apprehended in Manila last week due to not wearing his mask inside his car, while he was alone, with the windows closed. My friend said ang alam niya kapag alone in car with windows closed, walang huli. The Manila traffic enforcer said the rule by the IATF is "mask on when outside your home." My friend said that according to the PNP, that only applies when you drive with the windows open.

Eventually, the guy said pagusapan na lang, how much was my friend willing to give. My friend said he was a born again Christian and bribery is a sin, so he asked for the ticket. Nakonsenysa yata yung guy and said he could go.

Got me wondering though, so I looked it up.

PNP clarifies: No mask apprehension for solo drivers applies only if windows are open

PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac explained in a message to INQUIRER.net that the rule — apprehending drivers not wearing face masks even if they are alone — applies only to those who do not use their air conditioning system and are forced to open their windows.

That statement from the PNP is from July 22, 2020, so it's fairly recent.

------------------

Should you really wear a face mask while driving?

The Department of Transportation has sent a clarification. “In order to observe proper health and safety protocols, everyone is enjoined to wear face masks inside their vehicles, whether public or private. But, as clarified by LTO, this does not apply to individuals driving their private vehicles alone. However, if the private individual has passengers with him inside the vehicle, wearing a face mask is mandatory.

-------------------

So there you have it from the DOTr and the LTO too. But the MMDA and the traffic enforcers of the different cities and municipalities may have its own interpretation of the rule.

I don't wear a mask when driving my car alone with the windows closed, because well, I was blessed with common sense and my imaginary friend Mr Snuffalupagus is immune to Covid.

But yesterday, while inching along the Edsa concrete dividers beside the bus lane, an MMDA enforcer was eyeballing me. I'm sure it was due to my incredible good looks, but he was able to gaze upon my nakakabighaning pagkagandang lalaki because I was maskless. Before I could say to him hindi po ako si Piolo, fortunately a private car was flying down the bus lane, and he got distracted, so I went my way.

Like most things in this wonderful country of ours, the rule is very bo-malabs. The PNP, DOTr, LTO seem to think it's ok. But the other mythical entities are sticking to "mask outside the house" rule. What do you think?

Told my friend to just avoid the land of Yorme, because the rules are lo-magu there.

#2170 Godfather, Aug 4, 2020
    shaft, pandecoco, Roman and 6 others like this.
  11. jetan

maybe your tint is not that dark enough. i drive alone in my car also and wearing mask only if i have someone else with me.

Godfather likes this.
  12. raypin

Mm...if your passenger is part of your household, it makes absolutely no sense to wear a mask in a private vehicle. However, if that is their rule, di sumunod na lang even if it is a stupid rule.

DOH says there will be no improvement even after the MECQ and the Palace says no more extension of MECQ. Huling bala na ba?

Meanwhile, allegations of anomalies resulting in the plunder of billions of Philhealth funds have surfaced. My prediction is absolutely nothing will happen with the Senate probe. Disgusting thieves.

13. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

A question has popped in my mind, if someone is infected with COVID-19 but is asymptomatic, does that mean that they are immune? Are they under the same risks as other people?

14. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

The Mask Slackers of 1918
    As the influenza pandemic swept across the United States in 1918 and 1919, masks took a role in political and cultural wars.

nytimes.com
    Arrested on Kearny Street in January, Mr. Cocciniglia told the judge that he “was not disposed to do anything not in harmony with his feelings,” according to a Los Angeles Times report.

He was sentenced to five days in jail.

“That suits me,” Mr. Cocciniglia said as he left the stand. “I won’t have to wear a mask there.”
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pagusapan na lang.
    Puwede na ba sila Escuda, Lim, Santos, Cory o DU30?

#2174 Sir iAco, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  15. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

I think they are making sure that when NCR goes back to GCQ with ride-sharing back, it will easier for them to apprehend those with passengers who are not wearing masks.

Godfather likes this.
  16. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Immunity means you don't get infected. The fact that you are infected, albeit asymptomatic, you are not immune and you are still a carrier.

unknowngreats and Godfather like this.
  17. jon1432000

jon1432000 Member

since pres duterte kowtows to china and bets on its vaccine, but really now.. will you let yourself be injected with a china made vaccine?

jonvic remulla tweeted this...and we will see more of these thinking as we near 2022

"Sa mga nagtatanong, hindi po sa China manggagaling ang bakuna na nakalaan para sa Cavite. Again, ang responsibilidad ko lang po ay kapwa Caviteño. Hindi ko po masasagot ang kaganapan sa ibang lugar o desisyon ng ibang lider. Ang kaligtasan ng Cavite ang aking prioridad."

https://twitter.com/jonvicremulla/status/1290606594397360128

Sir iAco likes this.
  18. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

If you have spare time right now, you may answer NEDA's survey Philippines COVID-19 Household Survey.

I answered mine already. I'm thinking, this is one way I can help the gov't to better understand our current situation.

The only personal info will be asked that is required is your age, gender and prov/city/brgy. At the end of the survey, you can enter your name, but this is NOT required.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way connected to the gov't. It was forwarded on one of my friends' group chat.

19. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

My personal opinion on "the vaccine"

I've had surgeries, I have daily meds/vitamins etc - I honestly never checked who manufactured my medicines. I only check the expiry date :)

I was watching a YouTube video about the Govt's plan to use XX Millions to vaccinate the poorest of the poor - good plan!

Not unless having the vaccine is required to travel for a holiday (like Polio :mad: - sorry, I find this thing so annoying as some countries require this for Filipinos) I'll wait... or may be never take it.

My medical report 2 years ago stated that my Hepa Vaccine is fading and needs to be redone... Still left pending on my todo list but will have to talk to my doctor about it one of these days.

pandecoco likes this.
  20. jetan

butas na daw yun isang bulsa nya.