Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

I pray for your speedy recovery.

I think I should add to my will that if I die before a COVID-19 vaccine and cases has not dropped below 100 that no physical wake be held.

I would not want any of my loved ones to follow me so quickly.

2. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

keep safe man!

shifty_md likes this.
  3. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Glad that you are feeling well. How many days have now passed since your first day of symptoms?

These people who were positive (now considered as a "case") should make a list of those who were direct contact with them beginning 2 days before their onset of symptoms so that the contacts can be informed of possible exposure and properly quarantine themselves. Direct contact is defined as anyone who was within 6 feet of the case and lasting for a minimum of 15 minutes (Some references say 10 minutes, duration depends on the local health policy). Those who also had physical contact with the case should also be informed of possible COVID-19 exposure. Just to reinforce, because of asymptomatic and per-symptomatic transmission, it is important that contacts of individuals with SARS-CoV-2 infection be quickly identified and tested as well but the timing of the test should be optimized to get a better yield hence I recommend that a health care practitioner should be involved in testing guidance and interpretation.

4. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

Thank you

5. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

Ghibli likes this.
  6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

WELL????

Godfather likes this.
  7. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Having 5 people who have touched my life been taken by covi19 , this is very callous remark .

braindeadph, amg99, raypin and 2 others like this.
  8. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Speaker Roque must be damn well compensated for being the public's punching bag and for mastering the art of keeping a straight face while making these stupid public statements on a regular basis.

9. antski

antski Well-Known Member

I like Panelo more. :)

10. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

Was there an announcement about the quarantine status of Metro Manila from August 1 onwards? Are we going to remain, intensify or de-escalate from GCQ?

11. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

12. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

People over 6ft have double the risk of coronavirus, study suggests

nypost.com
    I'm 5'11." I thought I was lucky. I've no chance. COVID-19 is not sparing anyone.

Findings indicate Covid-19 transmitting through air, as height would not make a difference if it were carried only through droplets

People over six feet tall are more than twice as likely to be diagnosed with the coronavirus, the results of a new survey reveal.

The global team of researchers, including experts from the University of Manchester and Open University, surveyed 2,000 people in the country, as well as the US, to determine whether their personal attributes, work and living practices might play a role in transmission, The Telegraph reported.

The results found that taller people are at a higher risk, which researchers say suggests that the contagion is spreading through the air — because height would not be a factor if the virus was only contractible through droplets, according to the report.

“The results of this survey in terms of associations between height and diagnosis suggest downward droplet transmission is not the only transmission mechanism and aerosol transmission is possible,” Professor Evan Kontopantelis, of the University of Manchester, told the outlet.

“This has been suggested by other studies, but our method of confirmation is novel,” he added.

“Though social distancing is still important, because transmission by droplets is still likely to occur, it does suggest that mask-wearing may be just as — if not more — effective in prevention. But also, air purification in interior spaces should be further explored.”

Droplets are larger than aerosols and are thought to travel relatively short distances and plummet from the air, according to the report. But aerosols, which can build up in poorly ventilated areas, are carried by air currents.

The study also found that using a shared kitchen or accommodation played a large role — especially in the US, where those circumstances made the chances of contracting the bug 3.5 times as high.

In the UK, chances were 1.7 times higher.

#2113 Sir iAco, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  13. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

This is downright stupid.
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/0...w-centers-to-reopen-in-gcq-areas-on-aug-1-dti

If I were a frontliner, I'd go on immediate strike. It's like this government wants the infections to spike.

Yes, I know businesses are suffering and need to be allowed to recover, but with the way numbers are rising and how this pandemic is being handled so far, there is simply no justification for reopening such establishments.

14. jetan

BLAME DOHQUE.

15. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Herd Immunity May Be Developing in Mumbai’s Poorest Areas | Bloomberg

17. jetan

[​IMG]

looks like DOH is doing some magic.

[​IMG]

18. jetan

[​IMG]

as well as recoveries.

[​IMG]

19. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

They've included mild and assymptomatic cases in the "recovered" category. I read somewhere that these classifications were actually defined by clinical guidelines formulated by a number of societies and approved by the DOH as early as May. So why are they using them just now?