Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by imart, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

2. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

It seems the government completely abandoned to resolve this and just let the Public outlived the pandemic until such vaccine arrives. As we are now this is what i see. Instead using science as our guide. In this country the politicians decides our faith.

raypin and Salaryman Ryan like this.
  3. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

Guys i want to share the things i used to protect me and my family from the Virus.
    Making sure our house is Virus free

-3 times a week i Run Germicidal UV-C lamp for 30 minutes inside our house.
    We have a rooftop so we are staying there while the UV-C is on.
    It’s scientifically proven to kill the viruses on the surface and airborne bacteria.
    It is widely used in hospital and factories.
    But very dangerous on direct contact to skin as it causes skin Cancer.. so be Very, very cautious. I’m using automatic timer with remote to turn on and off the UV-C lamp in the safe distance.
    if you want to know how i do it please message me as I’m willing to help you.

note* there is a new technology called (far UV-C) as it has only using 222 nanometer wave length but the same effect to the Virus. Conventional UV-C has 254 and up nanometer wavelength that is harmful to us.
    The good news is the New far UV-C has zero penetration to our skin so even in direct exposure there is no harmful effect to humans and animals. So in theory you can leave it open in the house. Please do more research. I’m on a hunt to buy 1 but i found 1 supplier they only sells bulk orders.

-I’m also using Smart sterilizer with Built-in UV-C Light that directly sterilize the water.
    Water released in the form of mist by the humidifier clean and purified.
    I leave it running all day. Additional advantages is it makes the room cooler.

-I’m also using Smart Air Purifier with Anti bacterial filter and realtime Air quality sensor display.
    Running all day.

-also using Smart UV-C sterilizer box with built-in wireless Charger.
    I’m using that to clean my Mask, gadgets, keys, toothbrush, remotes, watch, anything that can fit inside the box that you want to clean it’s very effective.
    You can also use it as a full time wireless Charger 10w. because charging is on the top cover of the box i can charge my phone while disinfecting my things.

#2023 Pupkin, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    raypin likes this.
  4. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

To the non-healthcare workers a question.

Would you feel comfortable eating in a restaurant with someone wearing their medical uniform near you?

Is it too much to ask if the person could change outfits to civilian?

People fear getting infected.

5. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Juice and raypin like this.
  6. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

If WHO would be the first to recognize the advantages of UV-C implementation.

Everybody will listen and look at it immediately.

UV-C if use correctly with proper guidelines will effectively minimize the spread.

"UVC has been used for years, it's not new," Indermeet Kohli, a physicist who studies photomedicine in dermatology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, told Live Science. UVC at a specific wavelength, 254 nanometers, has been successfully used to inactivate H1N1 influenza and other coronaviruses, such as severe acute respiratory virus (SARS-CoV) and Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV), she said. A study published June 26 to the preprint database medRxiv from Kohli's colleagues awaiting peer review now confirms that UVC also eliminates SARS-CoV-2.

UVC-254 works because this wavelength causes lesions in DNA and RNA. Enough exposure to UVC-254 damages the DNA and RNA so that they can't replicate, effectively killing or inactivating a microorganism or virus.

"The data that backs up this technology, the ease of use, and the non-contact nature" of UVC make it a valuable tool amid the pandemic, Kohli said. But responsible, accurate use is critical. UVC's DNA-damaging capabilities make it extremely dangerous to human skin and eyes, Kohli said. She cautioned that UVC disinfection technologies should primarily be left to medical facilities and evaluated for safety and efficacy by teams with expertise in photomedicine and photobiology

There are ongoing conversations in the field about installing UVC units in ceilings to decontaminate circulating air. And others are researching another wavelength of UVC called UVC-222 or Far-UVC, which may not damage human cells,
    But that will require more research. Still, it's clear that "used accurately and responsibly, UVC has enormous potential."

raypin likes this.
  7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

8. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

What if a vaccine never comes? And we're just all waiting, while the virus keeps spreading and killing through the years. Not knowing that this is a slow burn apocalypse. And the world economy is in a free fall. No more scientists left to solve the problem. :D

My mind wanders while I'm still in quarantine (for 5 months now). WFH is a b*tch.

Mykolant and raypin like this.
  9. raypin

Mm...herd immunity without vaccine will inevitably happen if no effective vaccine is created. There’s remdisivir as a promising therapeutic. More in the pipeline.

If I recall, you need 60% of the population to be infected before achieving herd immunity without vaccine.

I am still optimistic that vaccines will be created but it will take a few more years at best.

The achievable is to flatten the curve and minimize new infections. Many countries are already at that stage. Here? Incompetent handling = runaway phase.

Seven Leaves and Juice like this.
  10. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

Sad and Very disturbing News.
    Re-infection from Covid-19 after full recovery is confirmed.
    No surprise there, what actually troubling is 2nd infection is much worse than the first. So herd immunity is far from happening. What is important is we should not lose our focus on protecting ourselves and our love ones.

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/12/21321...nt=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Godfather, docjbr and raypin like this.
  11. generator_g1

generator_g1 Member

Saw this news in FB about a doctor crying discrimination because a restaurant didn't allow him to eat in his scrubs.

If you are just going to the hospital, no need to wear your scrubs yet. Change into them when you get to the hospital and before you enter.

The other people in the hospital do not know your situation and may assume differently.

Godfather likes this.
  12. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

^^^My wife's an MD, and she believes that medical workers who go outside wearing outfits that announce their profession nowadays need to practice more common sense and consideration. I mean, it's a given that you need to change into a fresh set of clothes after hospital duty. Why insist on that set being scrubs?

Mykolant and Godfather like this.
  13. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

#2033 Sir iAco, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  14. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Why Some Cities And Counties Are Banning Face Masks With Valves

The non-compliant masks have a one-way valve that allows your exhaled air to pass through a small round or square filter disk attached to the front of the mask.

They do not block transmission of COVID-19 because they allow exhaled air and droplets to escape.

In other words, face masks with valves defeat the purpose of wearing a mask in the first place.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzann...-banning-face-masks-with-valves/#65e642206d92

Juice and Mykolant like this.
  15. generator_g1

generator_g1 Member

Ergh. Correction. :D :D :D

16. generator_g1

generator_g1 Member

Also if you want to show that you're a medical/essential worker to get the benefits that are currently offered, you could always show your ID as proof.

17. raypin

Mm...Duque says we have flattened the curve. Baka ibig sabihin niya is we have fattened the curve. :LOL::p:D

Here is where we are:

AC6F62EF-A996-46D2-A56D-BDC1B261AB55.png

*No progress*.

#2037 raypin, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Godfather likes this.
  18. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

9CC14D1F-6A2D-4616-BAB4-878934D52E26.jpeg

He must be reading this graph.

19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

his brains is running backwards.

Godfather, Seven Leaves and raypin like this.
  20. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Active Member

Vox is a tabloid rag which thrives on sensationalism to get clicks. I suggest giving this article a grain of salt, and wait for a more credible source to confirm this. A lot of “second infections”are just test kits detecting remains of dead covid19 viruses debris from recovered patients thus registering a false positive.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...virus-cases-are-false-positives-idUSKBN22J0HR

Salaryman Ryan and Pupkin like this.