Converge ICT

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by CMWRay, Nov 25, 2014.

1. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

Saw this in Facebook.

Imagine the peace of mind you’ll enjoy with a High-Definition Indoor CCTV Security camera. Running on a pure fiber network.

To learn more, call (02) 667 0848 or click, goo.gl/kAgZiR.

Avail now! T&C's Apply.
    #ExperienceBetter

[​IMG]

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...in the long run, you are better off buying your own cctv (wired or wireless) for a one time expense rather than taking up their add on camera with the recurring fee. A good quality 1080p wireless cctv with email alert notification and PIR sensor (passive infrared) cost a little over usd100.00/unit. You need a little less than 1 mbps upload to livestream.

https://blinkforhome.com/products/xt-one-camera-system

Blink is an Amazon company. It comes with free cloud storage (where footage is automatically uploaded). I can recommend this reliable system (assuming you do not need 24/7 continous recording).

#62 raypin, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. antski

antski Well-Known Member

what's the limit for the free cloud storage? and who else has access to the stored videos?

4. raypin

Mm... The footage can only be accessed through the Blink app on your device (have it on my iPhone and iPads). To set-up, you need to input each Blink cam code on each of your device. How secure is Blink’s server? It is an Amazon company. I trust Amazon. As for storage capacity, I have 34 20-second clips on storage right now and it says 10% of my cloud storage capacity filled up. Once filled up, it will auto-delete your oldest clips or you can delete it manually.

Once it is armed and motion is detected by the PIR, Blink cam instantenously starts recording (up to 25 seconds, user-defined) and resets after 10 seconds. During which time, an email alert is sent to your device and the footage is automatically uploaded to the cloud. It records both video and audio (it can easily pick up any sound even muffled convo).

antski and potpot2 like this.
  5. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

6. raypin

Mm...lost connection at around 2pm. Partially restored at around 7pm. Fully restored at around 9:30 pm.

95A96C13-D4FE-467F-B136-801CBDDCDADA.png

7. Silentwill

Silentwill Member

Still not restored for me at 1:47am. 12 hours down and counting.

8. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Woke up around 5 AM earlier today. Connection seems to have been restored. That was the longest service outage in my whole 2 years of subcription to them.

9. Silentwill

Silentwill Member

Woke up around 6 and service is restored for me as well.

10. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

4 years with Converge and this is probably the longest outage with them. I'm not sure if its my imagination, but the connection speed seems snappier now.

shifty_md likes this.
  11. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Fortunately, I haven't cancelled by PLDT 3 MBPS plan. I was able to use it yesterday for work. However, 3 MBPS does not make for a pleasant online meeting. I'll keep this plan around for backup.