Converge FiberX

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by papajamba, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Any news about Converge? I'm getting a bit of a slowdown this past few days. Plan is 25mbps and i'm only getting 7mbps download and .05 upload. The hell converge!

2. b0gni

b0gni Member

What's the fastest way to apply for a Converge connection - online application, call their hotline, or hand in an application form to a Converge agent? My location is serviced by Converge.

3. mcblack

mcblack Member

I called up their Sales Hotline two days ago and immediately got my own account number in under 24 hours.

b0gni likes this.
  4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

waiting game for this facility to be activated before applying.

5. b0gni

b0gni Member

Finally got an account number with Converge after 3 weeks! The converge staff attributed the delay to the recent weather conditions. Now waiting for the fiber installation.

Is automatic bill pay (via credit card) a good payment method? If there are disputed charges, can you temporarily stop this payment feature?

6. b0gni

b0gni Member

Converge installed the fiber 3 days after payment. Installation took around 4 hours.

Speeds are around 20-23 mbps dl/ul using the converge router (Ortigas area).

7. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

question: what kind of modem did they give you? are you able to use multiple ports if they issue you one with mulitple ports? unlike the other provider where only one port is usable?

8. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

In general, if there are disputed charges in a cc, first the company charges the cc holder who files a claim, the company investigates, 60 days, then decides, if in your favor, they will reimburse but not 100%, deducts a processing fee. Speaking from experience, and if you don,t pay that specific charge, interest rates are added...it is stressful and hassle, so utilities i pay cash always!!!

b0gni likes this.
  9. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

I’d say avoid auto-debit. You may want to try paying at their ebilling website as an alternative, payments made thru that are posted instantly.

b0gni likes this.
  10. b0gni

b0gni Member

They gave me a FiberHome router (FH1001-6C0-42 model) for the 25mbps plan. The router has multiple ports but haven't used them.

11. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

you guys cant pay the monthly bill at bayad center?

12. neilrg

Afaik only port #1 can be used. They started reserving last November ports #2 to #4 for IPTV they are yet to roll out.
    We can.

For everyone's reference...
    upload_2018-8-2_19-55-17.png

13. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

greta87, raypin and ronjet like this.
  14. Seablueinfinity

Seablueinfinity New Member

Hi there, looking for some support - tried to create a new post but still trying to figure that one out :cry:. I am having some back and forward with Converge regarding access to the router GUI. I asked them whether I can control over DNS, placing it into bridge mode etc for their home fiber. After a week they told me no and that all settings must be configured on my router. However, if I cant place it into bridge mode and use my Archer D9 as the router I have nothing more than a "fancy" wifi extender. I want the Converge router to be put into bridge mode. Yesterday when I asked converge can I log into the Router GUI they told me yes. However, their is no understanding and I cannot find anything on the internet that indicates I can bridge their modem. Has someone, somewhere in this forum successfully bridged their Converge router and if so how did they do step by step once into the GUI? Help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to switch provider to find out that I have no control over My reserved IP, Bandwidth control etc. Please, please, please if anyone is techy and using Converge please advise.

15. neilrg

They do not offer bridging for residential accounts. You can, however, do it on your own if you’re so willing and manage to get in the modem using an admin account, which no one had discovered yet.

What I did is just hook my external router to the Converge modem and disabled its wireless feature so it wouldn’t interfere w/ my external router’s wireless network. I was also able to set my preferred DNS on the external router.

Seablueinfinity and greta87 like this.
  16. Seablueinfinity

Awesome, thanks. How is the stability of their router when you disabled the wifi does it have a tendency to drop the connection to your router or is more stable via ethernet connection to your router? The only reason I ask this is that PLDT are finally installing fiber in my Subd and after exerting extreme patience and constant folow ups for a few weeks and signing a waiver they have granted me full admin access to my router again allowing me to configure my preferred settings which is of course using it as a bridge and routing via the Archer D9.

17. neilrg

It’s stable as it lessens the CPU load on the Converge modem. All of our devices now connect to the external modem (which is connected via ethernet to Converge’s LAN port 1). This setup works ok for me because I don’t require other features that require a bridged modem.

The features you mentioned (reserved IP for clients and bandwidth control) also work on my external router (a Xiaomi R3) even if the Converge modem isn’t set to bridge.

Seablueinfinity likes this.
  18. Seablueinfinity

Thanks so much, really appreciate the fast response.

19. murmurr

murmurr Member

Heard the news that Converge is expanding Nationwide!

potpot2 and greta87 like this.
  20. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

So, is it 100% confirmed that the residential plans from Converge does not and will not support bridge mode on their CPE as a matter of policy?