Converge FiberX

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by papajamba, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Well i got to talk to a salesperson and the nearest facility from my place is 400m away, and they require around 360m for my area... So, I'm 40m short. :(

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

not yet available in my place as per their sales rep. bagal kasi ng rollout.

3. papajamba

papajamba Member

Saw some rollout of cables at Mariposa loop, near rob magnolia

4. warmgreentea

Odd. Another sales person just reply to my inquiry (I asked 3), and this person says that connection is possible. I'm a bit skeptic now. Should I just call Converge directly via their sales hotline? A friend of mine got her place connected via an agent (who was the first one to reply that I'm 40m short). Hmmm..

5. jessec

jessec Active Member

^ just be mindfull with their installer, those installer (I think subcontracted) asked for money on what they say in excess of free cables, but in truth it always within the free range. I found this out when we installed it last January, we subscribed to more than three services from them on an apartment row and all are not installed the same time. Different installer came, only 1 didn't ask for extra, the rest makes various alibi saying it's far from the node you have to pay extra, or the inside cable they are using are "special"type you have to pay extra?? I just told them you are not the first to install here and show them what the other installer did and did not charge extra.

6. warmgreentea

Yeah, I decided not to push through with any handler as of now. Converge themselves replied to my email and said this:

Thank you for your interest on our FIBERX internet service, however upon checking the address that you have provided us, the area is not serviceable yet and is subject for network expansion. We don't have an exact date yet on when can we serve your address location and our network expansion usually takes two to three months the fastest.
    We will contact you immediately to provide rates and packages once the area is serviceable.

So I guess that's a no. I'm guessing PLDT Fibr isn't available here as well. Bummer.

7. echavezc

echavezc Member

feedback lang for converge. when i contacted them in order to inquire about the installation process and their rates, I got an immediate response. price and performance seemed like a good deal so pulled the trigger. sent all the required documents via email, was asked to deposit (which i did via online bills payment bdo). sent the deposit slip to them, was told that i would need to wait 7 days minimum for the installation/deployment to happen. Just like every other telecoms company you expect this to be a lie, was already expecting it to be a 2 to 3 weeks thing. Surprisingly they were able to disappoint me, they did it in 3 days.

so far i'm an extremely happy customer.

Attached Files:

8. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

^How ang monthly payment for that?

9. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

IIRC, 100 Mbps costs 3500PHP.

It's a handsome deal considering PLDT HOME FIBR recently discontinued their 100 Mbps plan (5000PHP, and even then that's a higher cost) with no impending replacement and the next available speed upgrade is for 200 Mbps at 6000PHP; which isn't too bad if you can justify paying that much for your internet at home.

10. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

On PLDT Fibr 2899 (downgraded from 3500 since I don't use the Cignal subs) and getting 50Mbps down, 100Mbps up. Not complaining.

#50 oldtimer, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  11. Paeng

Paeng Member

FiberX looks promising especially their plan rates, anybody here have a connection on brgy. culiat (visayas ave qc) for the FiberX? thanks.

12. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi @oldtimer! Last year, I once inquired how I could downgrade from Fibr 3500 to Fibr 2899 for the same reason as yours. The CS told me I had to first discontinue Fibr 3500 & then apply to Fibr 2899. There was no guarantee that the change would be without interruption to internet service.

How were you able to do your downgrade? Was there a disruption in your internet service? TIA!

13. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Went to their office and had it done there. Don't call in.

VicB likes this.
  15. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

our bldg was recently upgraded by PLDT from dsl to Fibr, I saw they install new cable from ground floor to every floor box then they changed the copper cable from the box on out floor to our unit through the conduit,
    can I use the existing cable if I switch to Converge? or they wont able to use the box that connects pldt?

16. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

@oldtimer, Thanks for the tip!

17. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

how Converge install in high rised bldg? they install new cable? our bldg has PLDT changed all cables from ground up, can I have Converge install? don’t need a landline in house, prefer to use the phone subscription for extra Fibr bandwidth instead

18. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

How is the current connection for those subscribed to FiberX? Planning to avail their FiberX 1500.

Also, can you pay your bills using BDO Online Banking?

19. chocoholicmom

chocoholicmom Member

if converge already confirmed that their fiber facility is ready in your building, then installation will just be laying out a fiber cable from their fiber switch in the electrical room of your floor, to your unit.
    consult with your condo admin if they will require converge to put their cable bundled along with plot / landline cables, so that the cable will not be laid out on the ceiling and corridor walls.

3 months already on their plan 1500 and connection has been great. ;)

yes, converge is included in the bills payment vendor list of bdo and bpi

ronnel0918 likes this.
  20. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

just learned that converge is UP's ISP.