Converge FiberX

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by papajamba, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mark.rupido

mark.rupido Member

Is there a way to check if my area has converge coverage already? Been checking their site but just redirects me to an application page.. TIA

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

new modem installed at my sis place. ZTE modem

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...did a fake run-through:

https://iconverge.convergeict.com/applicant#/application-subscription

You need to input your details in the start application process. You will be asked to input your address. Converge will check area coverage. Run successful.

Try a different browser or clear your browser cache.

4. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Are they offering landline services (soon) as well? Or is it just more of a "standard" interface/port in modems nowadays?

5. jetan

No. As they are a pure fiber from central office down to your house.

porkypork likes this.
  6. marvin_net

marvin_net Member

I am getting frustrated with Converge now. Very crappy and unreliable connection. Ive been trying to call their customer service but I cannot pass thru. Send email and message in FB as well but no response. Does anybody have contacts from Converge?

I reported this problem for several times already but till now, it has not been resolved.

7. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

I have better luck calling their tech support number.

8. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

I’m getting worried too. So far my experience with converge is ok. But there are times when we’ll be disconnected momentarily and then got reconnected again. But it is becoming frequent. And i have been reading two fb groups that are full of complaints about converge’s crappy customer service.

9. mystavros

mystavros Member

potpot2 likes this.
  10. potpot2

Can you post the link here? Thanks

11. potpot2

So after waiting for what converge will reveal today, this is what i got hahahahahahaha

Attached Files:

12. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

If anyone's had the chance to use Converge's new cable TV streaming services, please share your actual experience.... specifically, I'm anxious to know how much it affects your bandwidth.

Their FAQ did provide some info (it says the streaming service would take up about 4.5MBPS if via the set-top box). But still, info on real-world usage would be very helpful to others who are considering to get on board with this

13. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Yes, can you please share the link to me as well?

14. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Converge finally installed my internet last Friday. It took 2 weeks and "immense" pressure just to get it installed. Just for comparison, Globe installs in 2-3 days in our condo. But since I didn't love Globe, and Converge's offering is just better value, I chose to wait and give Converge a try. It has been good so far but the rocky sales/pre-installation process got me worried. I also didn't like their crappy installation/cabling work (since I was not at home when they installed).

Now none of these would matter as much as long as I get stable internet with them for the duration of my lock-up period. Crossing my fingers!

15. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

I've been hearing horror stories about their customer service in an FB group. It worries me, but some commenters there reassured the subscribers stating something like: "Talagang ganun, pag reklamo panay post, pag maganda service, walang pasasalamat!' Which made sense since FB made ranting easier."

16. jetan

non issue. puro mga reklamador lang mga nasa FB.. got issues call the hotline with your speaker phone para handsfree ka.

PinkHunny, porkypork and potpot2 like this.
  17. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

And also, I've noticed too that most of them are the ones that doesn't know how to follow simple instructions.

PinkHunny, shifty_md and jetan like this.
  18. Ikon

Ikon Member

I'm subscribe to SkyBroadband, ok naman, never experience problem. Converge is now available in our subdivision, Plano ko lumipat sa kanila, since makaktipid din ako ng konti with their 35mbps P1,599 plan. What I learned is CGNAT ang Converge while in SkyBroadband they still provide me with a Public IP. Wala bang disadvantage ang CGNAT over having Public IP?

And while it is very easy to set Sky's Modem/Router to Bridge Mode, does Converge allow setting their Modem-Router to Bridge, I believe with FTTH, they are the one who should set it on their side because of the profile settings.

19. Yamiraan

Yamiraan New Member

hey someone can help me to open and forward port, im converge client and my router is AN5506 04, i want to use my home desktop pc remotely, hope someone will help me with this,
    Regards

20. frequenzy

frequenzy Member

converge runs cgnat, so you are out of luck. port forwarding doesn't really work on this type of connections.