Converge FiberX

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by papajamba, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. papajamba

papajamba Member

Starting a thread with regards to the latest player in fiber internet. I'm interested in availing their services though not sure if it's available in our area. FiberX 2500 or 3500 look great. Small print says 30% minimum speed with 80% reliability. Their FB page seems to be buggy since posts can't be seen.
    Any feedback from muggers?

http://convergeict.com/home/fiberx

2. mree

mree Active Member

I remember submitting my contact information through their website a year ago (not really sure when), and I never received any feedback or call from them. Their website looks different, too. Maybe it's time that I try contacting them again.

3. rsyu_88

rsyu_88 New Member

I have a pending application. For 1 yr the installation fee will be 5,000.00 pesos and for 2 yrs it will be 2,500.00. I made the 1 yr lockin so i can pre terminate for lesser penalties and the agent told me the process will take 5-7days. You need to deposit 1st before they will accomodate the installation. Deposit thru bdo converge account. Now waiting for the dispatch team to call. Hoping this new player can give us consumer a better option

4. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Been using their service here in Subic for almost a year reliable and above average customer service compared to other ISP

5. papajamba

papajamba Member

I tried inquiring several weeks back but for some reason their website gets stuck and I couldnt send my inquiry. Will try to resend. Our pldt dsl plan 1995 has been great except for a few slowdown and DCs around midnight. Converge might be less congested.

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Just a word of warning, though -- if you think PLDT and Globe's CSR are problematic, wait until you deal with Converge's.

7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

CSRs are outsourced making them all the same. Not sure about converge. But if is, then yes, expect the same service. The thing to look forward to is what tech they have and what they offer.

8. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

I am just sharing my experience with them since its only fair . I had my fiber cut when a truck passed by my residence . I called them at night. They replied that they will send people the next day. They called me on my mobile to update me and called me after the repair. It happened again when they change some settings. They said I had to change some DNS settings on my router and offered to send people out. I said I was tech savy enough to change it. He stayed with me on the phone (mobile) until the issue was resolve.

9. emsy

emsy Member

i had no trouble in contacting them at present unlike befor. Had some modem issues but they solved it within the day. i'm satisfied with their service.

10. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

BAD NEWS: there is a rumor that PLDT has plans of buying Converge ICT. These guys (PLDT) don't want competition. They buy out competitors (if they can).

Not sure if it's just me, but I feel that whatever company that the MVP group lays their hands on, gets F'ed up - for consumers.

11. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

I know what you're saying. PLDT calls you on your mobile if your payment is delayed for one freakin' day. One day that's not even my fault since I paid online so there's a 3-day payment posting delay! But they don't seem to have the same "passion" if you need support. To be fair, the connection is stable but when it breaks, good luck getting a tech to actually fix it. I mean actually fix it, not the crap "please try to reset your router" solution that you get when you call their hotline. Worst of all, even if you don't have internet for weeks, you can't even get a bill rebate because it's always the customers' fault and not theirs.

Anyway, sorry for the OT. Rant over.

We are trying Converge for the first time as well, not for internet, but for dark fiber. Will see how it goes but so far, they have been far more responsive than our Globe and PLDT Account Managers.

cybersniper likes this.
  12. jillsingian

jillsingian Active Member

We got Fiberx from converge a couple of weeks ago and have experienced a relatively fast and stable connection. We got the 100 mbps at Php 3,500 per month. Our internet speed ranges from 30-90 Mbps and we have a lot of devices connected. My husband had to buy a new router and repeaters to make the signal reach into our other rooms at the optimal speed. Just sharing ü

jcool, papajamba and VicB like this.
  13. papajamba

papajamba Member

So far, good reviews by everyone except for oldtimer.

@oldtimer, care to elaborate on your warning with regards to Converge's CSR?

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

A corporate customer of Converge for quite awhile already and dealing with their customer services is a pita. Thinking whether to renew them or dump them. Also, check the latency of their connections.

15. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Sales and marketing are good... but technical is another matter. Just be careful. Hope that they provide better customer services for you guys.

16. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Inside info from PLDT, they are NOT yet considering buying out Converge -- Converge is a huge client of theirs. ;)

17. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Our company has been using Converge since way back when they were still Comclark. This may or may not matter but since we are an enterprise account, we get excellent service. I would've availed their home internet if it were available in my city.

18. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

do they have connection in Binondo?
    don’t really need a landline that PLDT force you to get and waste 700 pesos for a no one want to use landline, everyone on their personal mobile even at home, its better to put the wasted 700 pesos for a speed upgrade instead

19. rsyu_88

rsyu_88 New Member

update after 4 days of waiting finally they installed fiber modem and happy with the speed iam getting.

papajamba likes this.
  20. papajamba

papajamba Member

Congrats! Hope all goes well. What plan did you get? how's the latency?