Coffee Machines

Discussion in 'Food' started by coffeelover, Nov 10, 2004.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..for nespresso machines, the US price and PH price are almost the same. So, official Nespresso PH is the preferred choice for the warranty. For espresso machines, Amazon price is much lower than PH price so it depends if you want local warranty or much lower price.

There is a local nespresso group in FB.

#681 raypin, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    leninmac likes this.
  2. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks. Already bought her a Dolce Gusto along with 5 boxes of capsules. She didn't like it. There's still a few capsules in the house presumably already expired. The only flavor she liked ironically is the chocochino which is not a coffee. Will look at Gaggia, Breville and DeLonghi. Thanks.

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...go to any CBTL store. They also have pod machines. I like their Italian espresso pod (red box). They have a demo machine and you can request a tasting demo.

leninmac likes this.
  4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

leninmac likes this.
  5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Breville express or Delonghi?

also how expensive are these to maintain?

wanted an all in one machine for the longest time.

6. v1n5anity

v1n5anity Member

Can you please tell me what is the cheapest Nespresso machine available locally that can use CBTL & Starbucks pods/capsules? Thanks!

7. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

If Nespresso brand then Essenza mini is the cheapest. There are available CBTL and Starbucks compatible capsules.

We are currently using a Citiz model.

8. leninmac

Hmm. Never had a Nespresso. I’ve had 2 Dolce Gustos. The reason I prefer Dolce Gusto over Nespresso is because the capsules are more readily available than the Nespressos’ ( at least in Singapore.). You can buy Dolce Gusto capsules in any Fairprice grocery stores and they usually have promos. On the downside, Dolce Gusto coffee machines are more plasticky, less elegant looking than Nespressos and the capsule bin is not integrated in the coffee machine

9. ice

I'm from the South and I don't see any issues finding Nespresso capsules here.

leninmac likes this.
  10. leninmac

I just find Dolce Gusto capsules more readilly available. There's always a promo for capsules practically every month. Dolce Gusto capsules are also slightly cheaper.

11. ice

yeah, promo wise, tough to beat the Dolce Gusto. Suggest that you head to Vivo and try if Nespresso still offers free samples.

I just find their coffee better.

leninmac likes this.
  12. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

This pandemic has really crippled many industries. My Delonghi machine started producing mediocre crema until it became zero. So last Oct 25 2020, i dropped it off at the official service site in Scout area QC. Was told it may take awhile. They weren't joking. Its still lined up for service as of today wtf. My daily morning ritual has been so depressing given the backup espresso maker alternative Im left with. Enjoy your espresso guys, appreciate those moments.

13. ice

Wow, bringing the machine to QC is annoying and disappointing

They do home service here. Just book the visit in advance

shaft likes this.