Childrens games

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by mgd711, Sep 6, 2009.

1. mgd711

mgd711 Member

Just about to set up a Mac Mini as a HTPC and I’m looking for some suggestions on games for a 5 - 6 year old boy. Educational type games and puzzle games?

Also any recommendations on Game controllers, wireless/bluetooth preferred?

Mike

2. mgd711

mgd711 Member

No suggestions...... None at all?

What about a game controller?

3. scuba_holic

scuba_holic Member

Makati - Calamba and everywhere inbetween
    Hi Mike,

Here's what I did for my 2 girls (6 & 3 years old).

I created a profile specifically for them and set up the parental controls to limit their web access to certain kid friendly web sites. Cartoon Network, Nick Jr., Disney are the top of mind sites. You could also try UpToTen.com and Oyunlar1.com they have quite a few games too. Oyunlar1 also has Room Escape Games that are pretty fun! It might be challenging for a 6 year old. But if you help them they will enjoy it. My 6 year old loves those escape games. Best of all, they are free.

If you want a paid game, you could try Enigma.

HTH

4. mgd711

mgd711 Member

Did you mean Enigmo or Enigma?

I have Enigmo (the water game), my son can get further on that than I can!

I’ll check out the web sites when I get home.

Will any and every game controller work with a Mac or is there certain one’s I need to look out for?

Mike

5. scuba_holic

scuba_holic Member

Makati - Calamba and everywhere inbetween
    Oops, I meant Enigmo.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the controllers.

6. paul_s

paul_s Member

You can also try KidZui.com but you won't need controllers there since those are only flash based games. The good thing about KidZui is that their content were already parent filtered.

7. jsg123

jsg123 Active Member

Yup. I agree with Kidzui as well. Not only do they have games (simple flash games), but also filtered websites as well as photos and videos.