Cebu Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Boogerschnot, Jul 28, 2011.

1. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

How about Island stay hotel they are across Ayala and near tune . Rooms start at 950

2. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Member

Download agoda app in your iphone or android and check the hotel rates.

I used this app when traveling.

3. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

We plan to stay in cebu city near ayala sana. We have a friend there that will tour us around he just advice us to stay in cebu city. We also plan to go to carcar.

Sir dasaint, will also check that. Thanks.

4. a9828

a9828 Member

for your budget, gran tierra should be fine. island stay hotel is directly in front of ayala but along the main road so noise might be a problem (in case you're sensitive about that) but price should more or less be the same.

oh, if you're particular about breakfast, pls also look at casa escano along osmena st, very homey place (relatively nearer to ayala as well vs gran tierra). people usually go here for morning meetings as they have very good food and this is where you get those belgian cookies. room rate is higher but worth it.

5. ronjet

Will search casa esacano. Is that a hotel or a place that is known for their good food?

6. natstuff

natstuff Member

Try tune hotels in front of Ayala, they have budget rates depending on how minimalist you plan to be during your stay :)

7. arubeto

arubeto Member

I am now cautious with agoda as there are times that they are more expensive than the actual hotel rates. I was charged almost 3K for a night's stay but when I asked the hotel they are only charging 2K flat, all in. So better check with your chosen hotel first before booking with agoda to compare.

8. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

I'm a frequent traveller and I never book online specially local hotels. 8 out of 10 times Agoda is more expensive.

9. ronjet

Thanks sir. Though never tried agoda to book our hotel, i just use it for rates comparison and review. I'd tried 'booking.com' before. I'll call the hotel first (like what i did to tune hotel) to verify their published rates and if they do have a promo rates. Any way, can you suggest a reliable online booking site?

Oh! I've heard of 'Lantaw floating restaurant' in cordova, how was it? The place and food are good according to some.

10. dasaint

Lantaw is ok , I mean the view is great seeing Cebu City at night across the channel is great nice ambiance . My friends said it was like Lantau in Hongkong and seeing Kowloon side.

Food is ok and cheap compared to manila price but the found is so-so compared to other places here but still worth the trip

Prepare for long waiting lines during dinner on holidays, weekends and paydays

11. ronjet

Thanks sir dasaint! Got little excited. :) That's what came up on my mind when i heard of lantaw(lantau hk). I was thinking din about their food. I just saw a pic of their menu price list and the price was quite reasonable. We also planned to go and try su-tu-kil. Looks like will be having a food trip more WITH road trip.

By the way, will stay there for 5 days that's why we are working on our itinerary.

12. dasaint

@ronjet Lantaw is a cebuano word for view . 5 days try going to Oslob for whale watching or Malapascua.
    Sutukil I won't suggest anymore since I got guest who order a whole fish and when they flipped it over the meat was already gone. they paid almost 5,000 for 2 people. I suggest AA or Lantaw for grilled seafood.

Zugubchon has more than lechon in its menu try their kamias shake , mongo soup and 5 pork rice.

Might want to drop by at Parklane Hotel their cebuano resto on the 4th floor . They serve food that is really cebuano and very afforable.

Go to,the new and cleaner Larisian also , the hole in the wall Liempo ni Nasing with red rice.

13. ronjet

@sir dasaint, nasing is different from 'kusina ni nasing'? Info overload sir! Nice! ;) will try to note and find its addresses tomorrow.

14. dasaint

Yes it's the same they have 2 branches . BTW try Lutong Hapon ni Joed , Siomai sa Tisa and hmmm the new craze of lechon belly at ParkMall.

15. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

I highly recommend Alba Uno which is right outside IT Park.

Clean, inexpensive and not more than 3 years old. Great location too.

16. ronjet

Ok sir. That lechon belly daw was good. Will be going din at shang mactan and somewhere south.

17. ronjet

Arrived last monday here in cebu. Too bad its raining hard yesterday here in cebu but we still manage to visit some museums and churches here and there. Tomorrow we're off to carcar!

18. MelSy

MelSy New Member

if you want to have a panoramic view of the city. Go Mr A or Tops or nearby restaurants. ;)

19. ronjet

@melsy, yup. We went there(mr.a) when its raining. Hahaha. Sobrang lamig! Para kang nasa baguio or nakatutok ang aircon sayo. Will definitely go back there when we visit cebu again! Very nice city!

20. arvindelacruz

arvindelacruz Member

Must try in Cebu: CNT Lechon

Very nice for Mac Users: Cebu Parklane Hotel has an Apple shop at the lobby