Cebu Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Boogerschnot, Jul 28, 2011.

1. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

Do you guys by any chance have any contacts for car/van for hire in Cebu?
    Is it going to be cheaper to go around by taxi or we just go for car/van for hire?

TIA!

2. cocoyponce

cocoyponce Member

It depends on your route, no.of heads, travel time. If city tour lang then Taxi would be good na and if 3 to 4 lang kayo. Else, a van is recommended if marami kayo pupuntahan and marami kayo.

You can bring them to Carcar for the Chicharon and Lechon kaya lang malayo na sa City. You can also bring them to Sutokil in Lapu2x. short for Sugba (Ihaw) Tuwa (Tinola) Kinilaw. Parang Dampa in Manila. Tour them also in the beaches of Mactan.

3. a9828

a9828 Member

our company always gets this when needed in cebu:

http://www.cebutrip.com/

so far, drivers are ok and trustworthy.

i agree though with the earlier post about just getting a taxi, madali lang naman to get around in cebu.

4. pilgrim28

pilgrim28 Active Member

We hired a van in cebu, I'm not sure if it was cheaper but if your group is more than 4 then a van is more convenient. I think we paid 1.5k for the whole day, we went to kawasan falls which is 2 hours away from the city.

5. andreagynous

andreagynous Member

Anyone been to Cebu recently? How much would a taxi from Mactan airport to Cebu City and Mactan airport to Mandaue City cost? Thanks in advance.

6. a9828

a9828 Member

Airport taxi 400-450
    Metered 150-250

7. sanction214

sanction214 Member

I agree with @a9828!

We always take the metered taxi. Sometimes the queue lines are long. One would wait like 15 to 20 minutes tops. To Mandaue City, Hi-way I get to pay 160. Airport to Cebu City, Marco Polo Plaza around 200 pesos.

8. stadaenko

stadaenko Member

kidkumag, if you're just going around the city, take a metered cab. even if the meter runs the whole day, it ends up cheaper than a 'contracted' price.

but if you're going out of town, then hire a van.

but whatever you decide, like what most say here, avoid the airport taxis.

9. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi. Will be visiting cebu this feb. can anyone suggest a good and safe place(but cheap)that we can stay in? Budget is around 1000-1400/night only and preferably a hotel, a boutique hotel or inns within cebu city. I called Tune hotel,they have this promo of 1400+/night but it doesnt include the use of air condition,towel and wifi. You have to add i think another 500 pesos for that. And they don't have an electric fan.
    Can anyone recommend similar or much better hotel within our budget? Thanks.

10. a9828

a9828 Member

where in cebu?

some recommendations (just search online for websites):
    AS fortuna / mandaue - oftana suites
    banilad area - holiday spa hotel
    capitol area - gran tierra suites / verbena suites / escario central hotel
    mabolo area - castlepeak hotel / sarrosa hotel

11. crazy_boy

crazy_boy Member

according to a friend, castlepeak is hunted.

12. a9828

a9828 Member

is this the ball and chain story? that's actually sarrosa (that's why they renovated).

for 1k budget, gran tierra na yata yung medyo aabot talaga.

13. sanction214

sanction214 Member

i think Andy Hotel would fit. 1.4k its in mandaue city though but 15mins from Airport and Ayala Center Cebu.

14. a9828

a9828 Member

good place for commute but medyo maingay dito (parang terminal kasi for those going north). i suggest you just go with gran tierra (around 1k for two) as they always have taxi cabs waiting outside. malapit din sa paolito's (a constant favorite hole in the wall). depende lang talaga sa mga pupuntahang lugar.

has anyone seen the newly constructed calungsod chapel (not the shrine)? it's along srp; ang ganda nung place (donated by henry sy).

15. ronjet

Wow! It was fast. Never expect to received this loads of reply since the last post on this thread was last march 2012 pa. :) thanks muggers!

we plan to stay in cebu city. Or near ayala mall daw is ok? I dont know lang if there will be some hotel that will fit in our budget.

where's grand tierra located? How's the hotel? ... Will pass on the haunted one. Lol

16. a9828

a9828 Member

Gran Tierra Suites - near the capitol, just check out the site and wikimapia. the hotel's basic and beds are on the firm side but you'll just be staying there to sleep anyway. try to get the rooms on the 2nd floor you're bound to hear footsteps when at the ground level. it's a 10min cab to ayala center; what's convenient here though is that there's always a taxi waiting outside so easy lang to get around.

17. ronjet

Thanks sir a9828. Just checked some reviews and pictures at tripadvisor and the like. Mukhang ok naman. :) are there other hotel to compare with?

will also check that 'calungsod chapel'.

18. a9828

a9828 Member

try checking out mycebuguide.com, they have pics of the hotels there (though not complete). similarly priced are pacific pensionne, diplomat, cebu r. if you can bring up your budget a bit, check out also maxwell hotel and holiday spa hotel; these are what i really recommend (aside from the list i gave yesterday). it really depends though on where you intend to stay and where you want to go while in the city.

19. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

I've stayed in Gran Tierra too before. place is pretty good and location isn't bad. when in Cebu, go canyoneering!

20. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Try Summit Circle Hotel and Diplomat Hotel.