Cebu Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Boogerschnot, Jul 28, 2011.

1. berniej

berniej Active Member

Where is it exactly at Escario? I will be going to Cebu on the 2nd weekend of Sept. for a two-day conference and will be staying in the vicinity... and I *really* want to try Zubuchon :D

2. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Zubuchon is also sold at the departure waiting lounge at mactan airport. In the shop 2 stalls away from dunkin donuts

3. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

@a9828: wow, best in cebu? considering it has bantayan and others? now im reallllyyyy excited! i just hope the weather's gonna be kind to us,hehe..sana rin konti lang tao, di naman peak season e,hehe..

4. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

I prefer CnT and Rico's spicy lechon to Zubuchon.

5. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

I miss the taste of CNT Lechon! Anyone going to Cebu soon na pwede magdala here sa Manila? Wala ba nyan dito?

6. Boogerschnot

Boogerschnot Member

Here's a couple of shots taken in my trip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

will be in Cebu on friday... jump-off point of our 8-day liveaboard visayas dive cruise aboard the S/Y Philippine Siren... will try the famous lechon before leaving for Cabilao... ;o)

8. jeroen

jeroen Active Member

Just came back from Cebu. It was just an overnight, didn`t have lechon but did eat in 2 very nice restaurants!
    Olio http://www.oliocebu.com.ph/and at Ipar`s http://www.ipars.com.ph/

In Olio i had US callops Gratin (cream sauce with cheese), Oyster Rockefeller and gambas aioli. Main course was seabass with black truffle slices in a cream sauce. It was really super delicious, pared with a few bottles of great wine this was full house on a tuesday night.

This lunch time we ate in Ipar`s spanish restaurant. Anchovies with garlic, croquetas, paella (with awesome aioli sauce!!) Grilled steak with rock salt....

Oh boy these 2 restaurants were awesome. Cebu wants manila restaurants, i want these 2 to open in Manila! Awesome awesome flavors!

9. pgmac123

pgmac123 Member

You may also want to try Giuseppe Pizzeria when you're in Cebu. One of my favorite rests there :)

Maria Luisa Road, Banilad
    Cebu, Cebu, Philippines
    Phone Number: (63 32) 343-9901

10. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

came back last sunday from sumilon in cebu, and i must say..it is indeed a paradise! grabe, ang ganda lang talaga...crystal creal waters, incredible scenery..the beach is quite rocky (they're actually dead corals) but it has a shifting sandbar that has white sand..unfortunately, southwest monsoon was prevalent during our stay, so we weren't able to indulge in the sandbar for long..but other than that, it's a perfect getaway..the resort has few structures, i think they prefer to blend them with the natural background as opposed to having a five-star hotel in the island (ala Bellarroca) so not quite for urban dwellers..but definitely a must for nature lovers..we went there via mactan airport, which is 3hrs away by land and another 15mins by boat..so next time we plan to go straight to dumaguete instead and be fetched by Sumilon's ferry which would be a longer boat ride but lesser road time :)

11. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

^ Yeah, Ive heard that the sandbar sa Cebu beacher are amazing! Wasnt able to experience it. Stayed sa Plantation Bay when I was there sa Cebu w/ my gf.

Anyway, everyone should try the Bryan's/Brian's? ribs while in Cebu. BTW, Im not related to that food in any way shape, taste, scent, etc. Hehe!

Its very cheap for its size. Yummy too! Forgot what the name of the restaurant is.

AFAIK they have a branch in Ayala Mall Cebu and theres one wherein its located inside of a house that was converted into a resto.

12. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

the name of the resto is casa verde, yes they have branch at ayala center cebu and at IT park:D

13. marlowe_td

marlowe_td Member

mariot its near ayala! you could also try Imperial Palace and Plantation bay! they're the best resorts in cebu! enjoy!

14. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

Yeah... Casa Verde. It was at the tip of my fingers earlier, but all i can recall was that its name has a letter V.

15. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

The ayala branch of casa verde doesn't have the exact same menu as the original restaurant (beside crown peak hotel at fuente). I like their asian salad, but its only available at the fuente branch

16. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

17. jackfrost

jackfrost Member

RE: SUMILON nice snorkelling in front of the rooms, food is not good and expensive, fish feeding lake is not what i expected. my experience in bohol was better.

18. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

i beg to disagree about the food..we enjoyed all but one dish (it was the breakfast with pancakes, very bland)..didn't see the price though as ours were free because of the package..snorkeling was fine, and we didn't try out fish feeding..we appreciated it more coz of the ambiance..to each his own i guess..would love to try bohol though :)

19. a9828

a9828 Member

cyrian, so best in cebu rin ang sumilon for you?

20. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

so far, yeah..my friend who went to bantayan said it's also better for her :)