Cebu Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Boogerschnot, Jul 28, 2011.

1. sanction214

sanction214 Member

I'm a local here...=) If one would only visit Tops or Mountain view sometimes taking taxi is not the way to go. (budget wise) One may try private vehicles for hire. The fare in going up and down Nivel Hills would compensate a whole days tour in Cebu and nearby towns using private vehicles for hire. Likewise, you could take the bikes-for-hire-guys ( at the expense of your own risk, but pretty much the route taken by most korean tourist and relatively safe on dry weather) down at the foot of the hill or the jeepneys but i don't recommend unless you have a local accompanying with you. Runners do it on foot at the break of dawn.. Enjoy Cebu!

2. unDru

unDru Member

sir, i'm from cebu. try MOUNTAIN VIEW. newer place than tops. 50php entrance. you choose from different spots. they one spot for billariads. you go higher there's karaoke. another level is pingpong. top level for best view. they also have a pool but it's another entrance fee.

3. iMigs

iMigs Member

Im not sure if this is OT. I'm going to Cebu this December and I'm just wondering if I can go to Bohol from Cebu via ferry? How many hours to take? TIA :)

4. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

^ you can. More or less 2 hours. Not really sure.

5. jeroen

jeroen Active Member

^
    ^
    an hour or so, its a fun ride!

i am going in 2 weeks time to cebu for an over night

6. iMigs

iMigs Member

Oh yes. Thanks man. Just wanted to make sure that we can hit two birds in one stone.

I hope someone can advise what not to miss in Bohol ;) ( OT na ata ng konti :p )

7. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

^ oo nga, maybe you should start a new thread for that or have one of the mods change the title to Cebu-Bohol trip?

Anyway, syempre... Chocolate Hills and the white sand beaches.

8. cocoyponce

cocoyponce Member

Yes you can. That's what we did last December. We took a ferry ride for about 45 minutes. From Bohol pier we went to McDo BQ Mall and had our breakfast prior to going out. We took the city tour and we promise to go back and take the Beach Adventure in Panglao.

BTW, we went back to Cebu that same day having the last trip.

9. iMigs

iMigs Member

Im just thinking if these two places can be merged in one since they are in one neighborhood :p

^ Wow. Parang Tagaytay lang ang Cebu for you guys. Lol. I think that's fun trip - overnight ;) Planning to go to Panglao too and of course will try Cebu's lechon :mad: Choco Hills and Tarsiers are number one in our list. We'll stay there for 4 days so I'm gathering on where-to-gos and what-to-dos. Souvenirs? Best places to munch?

10. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

I enjoy running there in fact the best runs I every had was the trans central from Balamban to Cebu Capitol. :)

11. Boogerschnot

Boogerschnot Member

Just got back from Cebu and bohol! thanks for all the info guys! ill make sure to post pics from the trip in the Micro 4/3 thread! :) Btw ang sarap ng zubu chon! cnt was ok but wasthe skin was a bit too salty for me.

Lomboc river tour and buffet in Bohol was nice for the scenery, the food on the other hand sucked @ss! :( The best thing about the bohol segment was the beach! it actually has nightlife! bars firedancers beautiful women grinding to the music while wearing bikinis! i loved it!

Go do a day trip! i know a guy who has a 1500 per pax package which would include the tarsiers choco hills the blood compact, if you have kids or if you yourself likes animals you can see ostriches, malay civet, snakes and other reptiles too!

#31 Boogerschnot, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  12. i-patrick

i-patrick Member

the bohol countryside tour mostly includes the following:

1. baclayon church
    2. blood compact site
    3. tarsier sanctuary
    4. loboc river cruise
    5. mini zoo (with a huge python)
    6. hanging bridge
    7. butterfly farm
    8. chocolate hills
    9. souvenir shops

how did i know? i was there just last weekend.

13. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i'll add

shell museum, bee farm, the man-made forest and underground cave:D

14. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Malungay ice cream is my fave in Bohol . the ginger one was too spicy :)

15. pennylane

pennylane Active Member

we're planning to go to cebu/bohol over a six day vacation leave in jan 2012 (thanks to cebu pacific promo fare). yes, i'm that excited so i'm gonna ask, what is the best way to go to bohol if i'm coming from bantayan island? our plan is to leave from bantayan, go back to cebu (by catching the 3 hour bus ride) then ride a ferry (they said supercat is the fastest) going to bohol. it sounds exhausting! maybe you guys have a suggestion... is there a ferry that i don't know that leaves bantayan going to bohol? or maybe a port that is nearer?

16. BrumGB

BrumGB New Member

Tell me about it! I recently travelled to Bohol too (Two weeks ago feels a lot longer though :(), the beach was mega awesome. The food on the floating restaurant was terrible. Looked like it was cooked the previous day, not very hygienic to say the least.

Sagbayan Peak might be a little out of the way but I enjoyed it there. It's a lot different to the chocolate hills, they've got two tarsiers too. (Which are a lot livelier than the other ones where we went) they've also got a nice pool there which you have to pay to use.

For you people who live abroad what food do you eat there ? Me and my fiance ended up just eating rice, hotcakes and fast food all holiday (I didn't get bored of bo's coffee club though)

17. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Back on topic (Cebu). I agree on Zubuchon. It's not a restaurant though where you can eat the food there. You have to take it elsewhere. They have a stall in front of the airport. It's probably expensive there but not too much. Their store is located in Banilad Town Center which is a little out of the way so buying one at the airport may be smart.

Casa Verde's back ribs are very tasty and cheap. It's usually full in the evenings so be prepared to wait for about 20 to 40 minutes to be seated. Try the IT Park branch for better ambiance.

Nevermind Tops or Mountain View. You'll only see night lights. But if that's your thing, Marco Polo will do. It's nearer and not so lonely.

The beaches in Cebu are either expensive (in Mactan) or too far (Malapascua, Bantayan, etc.). Better you go for a Bohol day trip. Catch a fastcraft at 5 or 6 am (2 hour ride) and day tour packages are available just right outside the pier. You'll be able to visit all the spots mentioned by other posters here all in one day and catch the last "float" to Cebu at around 5 or 6 pm.

Also, there's a good liempo franchise you gotta try. Balamban Liempo and I can't believe the others missed on suggesting this! They're all over. Very cheap but tasty.

18. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

makiki-ride sa thread ;p ill be going to sumilon this thursday..im pretty much sold on its beauty, but would like to hear (read) a first-hand account, anyone been there?:)

19. a9828

a9828 Member

i've been to sumilon. lots of activities to do in the island. food is exclusive to their restaurant pero ok na rin (medyo mahal lang). ingat while swimming sa beach, medyo malakas waves. the pool is very nice and you can sleep in the outdoor cabanas. but i must say, sumilon's probably the best resort in cebu.

20. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got back from a vacation in Shangrila Mactan. A bit pricey, but the staff and ambiance are terrific! We were upgraded from a regular ocean room to an ocean view suite without our even asking. Had lunch at nearby Sutukil (great grilled seafood!) and the rest of our meals at Tides which had a very decent buffet. The beach wasn't anything spectacular, but the amenities and beach side service were impeccable. Pools and playgrounds were very well-kept, so my little girl had a great time. Will definitely be going back someday soon.