CD-R King products we love & hate

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by tech.junkie, Aug 19, 2007.

1. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

hi there. i already bought a lot of Cd-r King products. hmmm, let me remember them...

my favorite is the USB card reader/writer (no adapters needed).
    i love this bec. its so small, white, & can read memory stick duos w/o the need for a pro adapter. it can also read the ff. w/o the need for adapters: mini SD, RS-MMC, MMC micro, M2, t-flash. aside from those, it can also read the full sized cards like the SD, MMC, memory stick, XD. moreover, it can read high capacity cards like 4GB's on the mac. my other card readers only recognize up to 1GB on the mac, though they read & write fine on windows.

my least favorites are their mice.
    i bought 2 wired & 1 wireless. all work but not good. i dont recommend the wireless one as it acts up randomly.

other products i got w/c work good: laptop IDE HD enclosure, 2 ethernet cables (10m & 1m), 2 multi-card readers

here's their website.

2. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

you gotta love their Cds and DVDs right?!

i think their mouse/mice are decent. For the price your paying i expected it to be like that i have a wireless mice and im happy with its performance.

gota love their USB thumb drive... cheapest by far

3. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

My favorite is their cd sticker. I can't live without them! I have templates of the text on Word, and then simply print them on the sticker sheets. And it's just 2 pesos per sheet!

4. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

I'm fine with their memory cards. No problems encountered so far.

5. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

oh yeah forgot about those. hehehe. :p
    yes i get my blanks only from them.

6. castoclown

castoclown Member

photo papers are dirt cheap :)

7. koobi

koobi Member

I bought a USB hub/Card reader combo from them which is really nice.

8. bon

bon Active Member

I got a good 150w power inverter for them for only P750.00.

9. kaffee

kaffee Active Member

Imations and Iomega CDs and DVDs are the cheapest in town, of course.
    HI castaclown, how long does the ink adhere to their photopapers? I've used some generic ones provided by clients and they blot easily, like when once water was accidentally splattered on them (just tiny droplets, actually). We use HPs. Thanks!

By the way, the CDR-King notebook sleeves posted in another thread look promising.

OT: CDR-King needs to improve on customer relations.

10. jetstream

jetstream Member

they had the cheapest double layer DVDs!

11. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

Oh, I agree! :D

I also buy my black HP printer ink refill from them, the one to use with a syringe. I used to buy them in those really large plastic bottles (worth P700.00) because my mother's office does a lot of printing, and a bottle lasts them two to three months. I use the smaller 100 peso bottles myself, and it lasts for about ten refills, enough for me for a month. Sadly, they have been out of these black refills since April.

#11 maryannemoll, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  12. castoclown

castoclown Member

maybe your using dye type of ink on a glossy?

to answer your question, i don't really know. i usually print stuff to submit it. the ones for keeping, i use a better quality photo paper. i use epson (but im switching to canon printers soon).

13. reorx

reorx Member

x2 on the customer service and queing system....buying in cdr king Megamall is a NIGHTMARE....id rather walk to podium and buy there...walang tao lagi!!

BUt the blank dvds are so cheap..and alam mo orig. I absolutely do not buy my blank dvd+r's anywhere else.

Ok din the spare ipod batteries they sell (with included tools for opening the ipod). My 3rd Gen 15 gig ipod had a new lease on life because of their batteries!

14. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Cds, Dvd, USB flash drives!

OT: In the small stores like the one in San Lazaro and MOA you'll have to go on a long line together with all people buying CDs just to be able to browse or buy an accessory (ie. USB adaptors, bags, speakers) They really should separate the CDs/DVDs from all the rest.

15. lasbac

lasbac Member

the laptop cooler i bought for my powerbook for P380 is a bargain.

16. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

17. Maccess

Maccess Active Member

Cheap, but poor quality. If a drop of water spills on them, the coat peels off.

But, you've gotta love their CD and DVD blanks. The branded ones are pretty good. I also love their cheap memory products.

Their inks are okay but tend to fade after only a month, but if you're just printing a presentation that will be used once, you can't beat them.

18. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

I just have a nagging question, though. Are all their branded CD and DVD blanks imitations?

19. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

ahh the white elephant has been acknowledged... let me add to that... are the kingston and PQI memory cards and thumb drives imitations also?

20. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

hmmm, i wanted to know that too. but from me & my brother's experience, they last long so i think they are. i only get their branded ones BTW. HP before & imation recently. i actually dont care about brands as long as they serve me well & last long. but i buy cd-r king's branded products for peace of mind.

i agree about the separation of lines for those buying only CD's & DVD's & those buying others.

Cd-r King has become our sari-sari store for gadgets.

#20 tech.junkie, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007