Cashless Transactions in Tollways | RFID

Discussion in 'General OT' started by macxchange, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

What a contrast between MVP and Ramon Ang.

We got Easytrip RFID stickers for all our delivery trucks, and it was fairly easy to get at the NLEX toll gates. Our village is also offering home service installation for private passenger cars.

While on the other hand, the Autosweep RFID stickers are next to impossible to get.

Petron Dasmarinas Village and Shell Magallanes only allot 100 stickers a day, and if you want to get in the precious 100, you should line up before dawn. Kinda reminds me of the Soup Nazi.

Take note that Shell Magallanes has already suspended their stickering due to overwhelming demand. They will not have Autosweep RFID installation until mid November.

There is also no home service offered.

So for those wanting the precious Autosweep, NO STICKER FOR YOU!!!

2. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

this is how us implement something, never smooth and planned well, always a disaster.
    now pa during pandemic that we need some comfort they make things hard for you

Godfather likes this.
  3. topaz

topaz Active Member

I think the tollways should maintain one "EXACT CASH" lane wherein no change is given, for motorists who pass thru the tollways occasionally.

potpot2, eag, Godfather and 1 other person like this.
  4. Godfather

That's actually a great idea.

I'm still on the fence about getting these two different RFIDs because I can't remember the last time I used any of these tollways. (Yes I've been a shut-in since way before it became pandemically fashionable)

Eventually I'd have to get the Autosweep for the Skyway Stage 3, but it's so hard to get one. I don't know why San Miguel is not making it easier for us to get their damn RFID. It's basically the gift card / gift certificate concept, it's free money for the company until it is used. SMC should want this right?

Metro Pacific gets it, that's why they even offer home service.

ericb and potpot2 like this.
  5. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

IMHO instead of its an expressway, they making it a HARD-WAY,
    only if there is any alternate route that doesnt need that damn rfid which it use to eat you money while you pass, its already a money making thing for them to eat our wallet alive passing them, they still want to get your money in your wallet to theirs, and give us hard time, and its a LAW,

now may be we should add something to the "right to travel" with this "if you have RFID only"

6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

got mine back in 2016 when autosweep is giving it for free.

[​IMG]

as for easyrrip got mine a year after but it's a device cost 2000 per tag.

was getting the free RFID sticker but it won't work on TINT. as my ECE friend told me it's RF not IR. should work on TINT.

#46 jetan, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    ronjet and Godfather like this.
  7. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

after almost two weeks after "merging" from autosweep to easytrip at shell magallanes, easytrip texted that activation of autosweep has been processed and they gave the account number. now waiting from them when and where i can get the physical card.

8. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

do you have your autosweep on your headlights or windshield?

9. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

on windshield, actually already tested autosweep rfid when i took a road trip last saturday. :)

10. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

I understand your frustration, but for me, its the other way around. All of our vehicles are already on Autosweep RFID few years ago. It's a no-brainer for someone who drives everyday along Skyway/NAIAX/SLEX and frequently visit some relatives in Batangas via STAR Tollway.

Here is my little frustrating story last Sat/Sunday getting Easytrip.

- Went to CAVITEX CSC northbound, around 11PM the guard says, "Malas ko daw", dahil 7 RFID's are only remaining and I'm 8th on the line, Check SouthBound CSC sabi ng guard
    - Security Guard on SB CSC says, out of stock, return by 5am. Went back home in Muntinlupa.
    - Returned to CAVITEX by 5am, everyone is in queue, guard says, CAVITEX personnels will install around 7-8am since its Sunday. The lane of vehicles was around 2kms or more from CAVITEX CSC. People are starting to queue around 2:00AM
    - I went back to Muntinlupa and drove to CALAX via Mamplasan arrived around 7:00am. The guard says, check RFID installation on Laguna Blvd.
    - Went to RFID lane at Laguna Blvd Exit, since no CASH Lane is available, I ask toll guy for RFID installation, advises me to go to Santa Rosa Exit North Bound
    - Went to Sta Rosa Exit, took me 30 mins just for exiting the expressway on a Sunday morning.
    - I saw the queue of the cars, from the corner of Tagaytay-Sta Rosa road up to CALAX CSC. Felt hopeless.
    - This is me last Sunday exiting Sta Rosa Going back to Muntinlupa. Frustrated. Gusto ko na lang umangkas. Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 12.25.51 PM.png .

ronjet and Godfather like this.
  11. Godfather

@motoflux

Yikes. I guess it's messed up on the Easytrip side too. Last week, they offered "house to house" installation of RFID in our village scheduled for today. The village association sent around flyers and the homeowners submitted their requests, how many cars per household, etc.

Today, it was chaos. The Easytrip fellows only brought 200 stickers, and said instead of "house to house," everyone go to the clubhouse na lang, first come first served. Muntik nag patayan yung hundreds of residents, each with at least 3 cars. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And, naging super spreader event pa ala Donald Trump MAGA rally, the owners and drivers crowded around the clubhouse, while their cars snaked around the village roads.

Buti hindi ako sumali. For my cars, we decided to get either RFIDs in mid 2021 or 2022 na.

motoflux and raypin like this.
  12. manager

manager Active Member

Maybe someone has experienced this.

My Autosweep is a single account with 3 tagged vehicles [now called premium].

When I enroll on EasyTrip to be merged with Autosweep will my 3 RFIDs be recognized?

I read that EasyTrip only does one tag=one account o_O

13. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

I have 2 vehicles with AutoSweep. Brought them both at the same time to EasyTrip for registration & they were put into 1 account. Not sure what would've happened if I had brought the 2 vehicles separately.

manager likes this.
  14. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

There is a facebook page about Autosweep/Easytrip Installation. It's a public effort to help everyone for those, you know, having difficulty getting those RFIDs. I got the information that South Station Alabang is the most favorable location for southies.

Finally just this Tuesday, 27-Oct, we got all Easytrip RFID's at South Station, Alabang. Parking is free, had to wait about an hour kasi naubusan sila and they have to get it from CAVITEX CSC. No worries.

A little convenient for me when I told the MPTC personnel who installs RFID that I have to get back to get my another vehicle for sticker. It was around 5:30PM, and getting ready to pack up once the last customer is done. He told me to get another reg form to fill up and give it to the counter (less than 10 people in the South Station). He will issue another to me kung may matitira pa. So I have to wait for 5 more minutes, just to see everyone gets their own vehicles tagged.

Paid the initial load of 200, plus the tip for convenience.

here is the coziest easytrip booth. No lines, No frills. First Come First serve. (joke lang, pinapila na kami ng guard pagdating ng RFIDs) Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 10.43.20 PM.png

15. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

You’d think having pushed for cashless transactions for so long they would have anticipated the demand based on cars passing through and provided the supply and service.

ericb and Godfather like this.
  16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

17. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Right now the slex is flooded, so you’d need to put an rfid on your banka

Godfather and jetan like this.
  18. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

more like JETSKI....

19. mree

mree Well-Known Member

When they announced that we have to book appointments for Autosweep installation, I immediately looked for available slots. Unfortunately, their website is as good as a winter coat on a hot summer day—useless. When I finally got the chance to book an appointment, they said they will send an email confirmation and until now, I haven’t received it yet. Not even my Junk/Spam folder has it. Others shared that even with the reference ID, they were not entertained without the confirmation email. Ang gulo!

As for the EasyTrip, I booked an appointment on Nov 20th and I’m hoping it’ll be as smooth as booking for an appointment.

The good news is, my other car has all the needed RFIDs even before this mandate came about. Yun nga lang, muka nang sticker album yung headlight ko na isa kasi aside from EasyTrip, nandun din RFID ko for parking.

20. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm honestly amazed by the number of people who do not have RFIDs on their cars.

Every time we have a new car, I will bring it to Sta. Rosa, for ceramic coating and then have the RFID installed at Shell Mamplasan

My in-laws are from the South and having an RFID is a big plus when you exit via C5