Carbon copy woes!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jorweeck, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jorweeck

jorweeck Guest

I just upgraded my PowerBook's HD to 80G and I had it "carbon copied" with the original 40g it had.

Thing is that Carbon copy doesn't seem to have done its job.

My mails aren't transferred. itunes keeps on bugging me to agree to it like it's the first time I ran the app and a whole lot more.

What can be done here?

TIA

2. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

did you do the cloning yourself? looks like something about the home folder (esp. the main or admin account--yours) got screwed up, which is why your prefs haven't been recognized. at least you know that the data is just there, in your old HD. (entourage data incl. old mail, for example, is in the users/youraccount/documents/microsoft users data folder.) i'd try repeating the cloning process.

3. jorweeck

jorweeck Guest

Thanks Pen but I was with the Ynzal People while doing this. We've tried recloning the HD four times already and the Accounts are still screwed up.

What if I just reformat this new HD and copy the integral files after? is it as easy as copying the whole iTunes folder and everything?

4. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

that's what i would do next--do a pristine install, then copy the files over (it's a pain--i did this for a friend the other day and it took me many long hours, making sure we got everything, and repairing or fixing permissions, etc!) but at least you have a brand-new system.

5. jorweeck

jorweeck Guest

Thanks Pen! Will do a fresh install.

6. Polar Mac

Polar Mac Active Member

i have the same problem too, but not with itunes but with other apps that says that im running it for the first time.. besides this issue about carbon copy doing this... is there any other problem? :wound: